HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist first game, comments

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2005, 09:48 PM
larsmark

vCash: 500
Lundqvist first game, comments

What do you say about his first game? I listened to parts of the game on online radio because in Sweden they were showing Montreal - Toronto on TV.

What are your comments about the game? Did he play well? Did he make any misstakes? What did he do well and bad?

Old
10-08-2005, 09:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
He played well on the whole. A little jumpy at times. I think he goes down too soon.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:53 PM
JonathanTwinkleToews
is a Canuck fan.

For those who watched Henrik, would you say Weekes still has the #1 job firmly in his grip?

Old
10-08-2005, 09:56 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Yes.

But Lundqvist will get his fair share of games.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule
For those who watched Henrik, would you say Weekes still has the #1 job firmly in his grip?

It was only his first start so it's a little early to say. I will say in preseason his first game wasn't nearly as good as his 2nd.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:58 PM
FLYLine24*

Lundqvist played a very good game IMO. Made some really big saves at times. The first 2 goals I wouldnt really fault him..the first one was a nice deflection, and the 2nd one he though he had it..ref didnt blow the whistle and he moved his leg and it fell into the net. The 3rd goal he could have got but its wasnt a softy or anything, maybe if he had enough time to get back up he would have had it but who knows. He really came through though in the 3rd when the team decided to give up a bit, he saved 16 of 17 shots (the only goal was that one that fell out from him when he though he had it on Devs PP) Considering that was his first NHL game...I really dont have a doubt hes going to be one of the best in a few years. Never lets a goal bother him either, unlike some previous goalies who would suck after a he gave up a goal (cough Dunham..)

I still think Weekes has the #1 spot because Weekes has played very well as well. If the goalies play the way they are now for the whole season I could see Lundqvist getting about 35 games, if Weekes starts to struggle durning the season then Lundqvist could take over as #1.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Skroob*

huge Henke supporter, but if you arent 100% on where the puck is (like on the 2nd goal), DONT MOVE.

I have to give him some of the blame for that one.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Levitate

dunno, his timing of when he goes down didn't seem to hurt him at all

he was solid, made some big saves. just needs more games to keep getting used to the NA game here

Old
10-08-2005, 10:08 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
He was pretty indecisive which made him totally out of position for the GWG, and he knew it by his reaction.... he also played real deep into his net the whole game, I thought he was known to stay out from the pipes?

He played a good third period, wasn't really tested the first two periods. Good game overall, he will definitley be a keeper in the future as he develops more confidence, all the fundamentals look to be there IMO.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
eco's bones

If Rangers would have finished their shots better (first 2 periods) he would have won. The Kozlov goal he had no chance. The second one was a little iffy as previous poster mentioned. On the winning goal the coverage wasn't good. All in all he wasn't great but pretty good. He made a couple outstanding saves. He was very active coming out of the net to play the puck and moved it nicely. I was a little surprised with that.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:15 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
huge Henke supporter, but if you arent 100% on where the puck is (like on the 2nd goal), DONT MOVE.

I have to give him some of the blame for that one.
Uhh he didnt move....

Old
10-08-2005, 10:17 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
If Rangers would have finished their shots better (first 2 periods) he would have won. The Kozlov goal he had no chance. The second one was a little iffy as previous poster mentioned. On the winning goal the coverage wasn't good. All in all he wasn't great but pretty good. He made a couple outstanding saves. He was very active coming out of the net to play the puck and moved it nicely. I was a little surprised with that.
Brodeur won the game for the Devils, hands down best player on either team tonight. If he didnt ROB Jagr and Malik in the end of the third, game over.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
He was pretty indecisive which made him totally out of position for the GWG, and he knew it by his reaction.... he also played real deep into his net the whole game, I thought he was known to stay out from the pipes?

He played a good third period, wasn't really tested the first two periods. Good game overall, he will definitley be a keeper in the future as he develops more confidence, all the fundamentals look to be there IMO.
problem was he went to play it and then seemed to think "oh crap if i play it, am i breaking any new rules?" and he hesitated and it threw him off

Old
10-08-2005, 10:42 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I thought he was pretty good. I mean, for the first game of a career, that's terrific. He's got a very bright future ahead of him.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

To me he looked a little tentative in the first. If the Devils could muster more than 1 shot on goal in the 1st this could have been ugly.

He seemed to gain a bit of confidence as the game went on. I really liked it when he came out (far sometimes) during NYR power plays to play the puck. Showed he had a set...

Old
10-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Lundmark looked fantastic.

Rangers deserved to win that game.

Only reason they lost was Brodeur.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:58 PM
2Leetch_94

Can we give the kid a break, his first NHL game, of course he's going to be nervous, it's only natural. He played well, is there room for improvement? Of course, but I can't fault Lundy for why we loss, we blew many chances to finish, put the game away, etc and failed. Brodeur was excellent, tonight, and is the reason the Devils are so successful. We've gotten 4 points in three games against three very good opponets and on the road twice.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:12 PM
broadwayblue

i thought he played very well over all. you can't blame him at all for the first goal. the second was a bad break. and as for the game winner the new rules cost him on that one. if he was allowed to play the puck after it rebounded off the back boards (which he wasn't as it slid just outside of the trapezoid) he would have cleared the puck, or at least ended the rush, and there's no goal. imo the rule is garbage.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:21 PM
in the hall

didn't see a lot of the game but he looked good and i saw a couple nice saves

first goal he couldn't do anything about

his first game so its unfair to critique, happy with his performance

Old
10-08-2005, 11:25 PM
2Leetch_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
i thought he played very well over all. you can't blame him at all for the first goal. the second was a bad break. and as for the game winner the new rules cost him on that one. if he was allowed to play the puck after it rebounded off the back boards (which he wasn't as it slid just outside of the trapezoid) he would have cleared the puck, or at least ended the rush, and there's no goal. imo the rule is garbage.
The rule is fine, we're trying to add scoring, and on that play, it did. Goaltenders can still play the puck, but nomore going into the corners and clearing it.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:25 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Lundmark looked fantastic.

Rangers deserved to win that game.

Only reason they lost was Brodeur.
You saw him in the press box?

Old
10-08-2005, 11:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94
The rule is fine, we're trying to add scoring, and on that play, it did. Goaltenders can still play the puck, but nomore going into the corners and clearing it.
well i think it's a horrible rule. the goalie is standing right there and all he has to do is take 2 steps and clear the puck and he's not allowed? this was hardly the corner...i mean it was like 6 feet from the crease. i'm all for adding scoring but i just think this rule is stupid. why is the goalie no longer allowed to play defense?

Old
10-09-2005, 12:17 AM
2Leetch_94

Because he's the goaltender?

Old
10-09-2005, 12:21 AM
NYRFANinJersey

I was in Section 205 tonight..I must say i was impressed with Lundqvist..i thought the devs would eat him alive tonight and he showed a lot of talent especially in that third period where every 30 seconds he was saving one-timers on the penalty kill..i give it 3 weeks before hes the permanent starter

Old
10-09-2005, 12:23 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94
Because he's the goaltender?
oh, then i'm thinking they shouldn't allow forwards to play the puck in those areas either...you know, to add scoring.

Closed Thread