HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pending Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I think it'd be strange if there was no trade in the next couple weeks... I fully expect it, and right now it's just a matter of time, IMO.

Think about it, logjams at forward, horrible D, and we just shipped off two underachieving AHLers, which we have more of in Wiseman, Giroux, etc.

Old
10-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
welll cant be poti, maybe wiseman or moore or even pock?
It would likely take Tjutin to get Lowe to even listen. Hemsky has had an amazing start to the year and I can't see how Edmonton could even entertain dealing their best offensive player with Smyth on the injured list...

Old
10-11-2005, 04:53 PM
oilersrule14

Hemsky is the most offensively skilled player on the Oilers, Smyth included. He's currently playing like he's a first line winger. Quite simply, that code rumour has no merit to it.

Old
10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Lundmark for Rita would be consistent with Slats' recent course of action.

In EDM, for ***** and giggles, I see a few options: Peca, Torres, Staios and LaRaque... Lundmark/Rucchin/Giroux for Peca/conditional 4th rounder? Lundmark for Staios?

Elsewhere... Poti for Carney, Leschyschyn or Berg? Lundmark/Poti for Tootoo/Upshall?

Old
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

In EDM, for ***** and giggles, I see a few options: Peca, Torres, Staios and LaRaque... Lundmark/Rucchin/Giroux for Peca/conditional 4th rounder? Lundmark for Staios?

Elsewhere... Poti for Carney, Leschyschyn or Berg? Lundmark/Poti for Tootoo/Upshall?
Why would Edmonton move Peca after just trading Mike York for him?

Old
10-11-2005, 08:23 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Not all frequently-traded players are trade bait, most of the time a team intends to use a player until a better offer comes along.

I'm not sure of salaries, but I know Rucchin could be easily replaced by Peca who does the same thing, only better, and he fights.

Old
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Not all frequently-traded players are trade bait, most of the time a team intends to use a player until a better offer comes along.

I'm not sure of salaries, but I know Rucchin could be easily replaced by Peca who does the same thing, only better, and he fights.
I can't remember the last time Peca fought anyone..

Old
10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
New information on his blog (which you all know) says that Poti is as good as gone and mentioned its because NYR felt that the kids on the farm could do his job

Also that Oilers and Rangers are talking Lundmark still but nothing new, mentions its to make room for Fedor Federov to play in his place

I only keep posting it here because I want to see if this turns out to be accurate -- again don't take it as confirmed or accurate information

Old
10-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
New information on his blog (which you all know) says that Poti is as good as gone and mentioned its because NYR felt that the kids on the farm could do his job

Also that Oilers and Rangers are talking Lundmark still but nothing new, mentions its to make room for Fedor Federov to play in his place

I only keep posting it here because I want to see if this turns out to be accurate -- again don't take it as confirmed or accurate information
Is there a time frame for any of the deals?

Old
10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Fletch

The rumors...

are pretty logical, which makes for good rumors. Poti sits and the Rangers staff gets a better feel for a couple other guys in the organization - while playing a tough opponent on the road. Lundmark's been rumored to Edmonton because people think his style of play is better-suited for that team and heck, the kid's from western Canada anyways. And, with Fedorov here and seemingly not going to be in Hartford forever, a spot needs to be made for him, which is unfortunate for Prucha.

Old
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
I'd rather have Ward in the game over Lundmark if he keeps playing with as much heart and drive as he's shown. Sure, he's a 4th liner but he actually TRIES to play.
Ward always plays like that.

Old
10-12-2005, 02:07 PM
tinyzombies

Nobody is going to be interested in Poti...

Old
10-12-2005, 04:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Nobody is going to be interested in Poti...

is there a blind GM available, then that is the only GM that would be dumb to take Poti. This deal backfired bigtime, Sather's worst deal as Rangers GM Maybe someone slipped something in his drink.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Ola

Again Code proves further that he is just full of BS. He now indicates that we basically will drop Poti. How stuipid is it allowed to get?

Our top`6 so far have been Kaspar-Tyutin, Malik-Rozival, Strudwick-Poti. After thoose 6 we have 2 guys who I belive could handle the NHL and they are Kondratiev and Rullier, Lampman is a borderline guy. I like Kondratiev allot, I am a big fan of him. But look at Tyutin, he have looked extremely solid on the 2nd pairing before, but on the 1st pairing it naturally shows how inexperienced he is. Kondratiev is alittle bit behind Tyutin, I think Max in a odd game can look great on the 2nd pairing with Rozival, but I am not so sure he wouldn't have some big downperiods if he where put in that position the next 78 games. Rullier will never be more then a 6th D.

So if we gave away Poti, Kondratiev would be lock on the lineup with Rullier and Lampman as the only backups. We would have big problemos if we got injury problems ect. With all due respect to every ranger fan in the world, its a fact that Poti can hold his own in the NHL. He looks like **** and screws up allot with sloppy passes ect. but his line works when he is on the ice. He can make a odd good offensive play ect. Why would we dump him just to get rid of him?

Lets say we did and Kaspars and Malik goes down. I guess Strudqick-Tyutin, Kondratiev-Rosie, Lampman-Rullier might work but they might not. Why risk it? Why risk screwing up Kondratiev? Why risk the potential to screw up the entire season if 2-3 Ds goes down at the same time for 2-3 weeks...

Old
10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Again Code proves further that he is just full of BS. He now indicates that we basically will drop Poti. How stuipid is it allowed to get?

Our top`6 so far have been Kaspar-Tyutin, Malik-Rozival, Strudwick-Poti. After thoose 6 we have 2 guys who I belive could handle the NHL and they are Kondratiev and Rullier, Lampman is a borderline guy. I like Kondratiev allot, I am a big fan of him. But look at Tyutin, he have looked extremely solid on the 2nd pairing before, but on the 1st pairing it naturally shows how inexperienced he is. Kondratiev is alittle bit behind Tyutin, I think Max in a odd game can look great on the 2nd pairing with Rozival, but I am not so sure he wouldn't have some big downperiods if he where put in that position the next 78 games. Rullier will never be more then a 6th D.

So if we gave away Poti, Kondratiev would be lock on the lineup with Rullier and Lampman as the only backups. We would have big problemos if we got injury problems ect. With all due respect to every ranger fan in the world, its a fact that Poti can hold his own in the NHL. He looks like **** and screws up allot with sloppy passes ect. but his line works when he is on the ice. He can make a odd good offensive play ect. Why would we dump him just to get rid of him?

Lets say we did and Kaspars and Malik goes down. I guess Strudqick-Tyutin, Kondratiev-Rosie, Lampman-Rullier might work but they might not. Why risk it? Why risk screwing up Kondratiev? Why risk the potential to screw up the entire season if 2-3 Ds goes down at the same time for 2-3 weeks...
OLA--- In your rush to slam your hated Code ( i think he's Lundmark's brother), i think you are jumping to conclusions....Nowhere did he say the Rangers were just going to drop Potu only that that "people" feel Poti can be replaced by WOlf Packers...And that might not be wrong, becuase Poti is one putrid defensaman....Personally, with or without Poti, I think we need another d-man, preferably one that is steady, physical and hits, for the reasons you mention....And

And If the Rangers deal Poti without getting a D-man back in that or any other deal, I think that might signify their confidence in using Drats or, more likely, Thomas Pock in that role

Old
10-12-2005, 04:32 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
The problem with his blog is that just because he reports it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

He may very well be getting legit info that points to Poti being traded to San Jose and then lets say at the last minute San Jose pulls out and he posts, oh Rangers are going to keep Poti because they didn't get what they wanted.

Everyone assumes he's a liar or cheat. When in actuality it may be that the deal just fell through for the two teams. This is why you take it with a grain of salt, but why victimize the guy if it doesn't happen? Big deal I say, at that point its just conversation and entertainment.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Ola

Rita is a stiff. Wouldn't want him even if we got him for free. Wiseman is better...

I would prefer not to see Lundmark moved in a trade for another project a l Federov or a kid just like Jamie. I would much rather see Jamie and maybe 1 or 2 other guys beeing moved for a solid player with upside or a guy with more potential. Though I don't know if there are any deals like that out there. There will probably be more teams looking for depth on the prospect apartment later in the year.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:42 PM
SML

Quote:

Leschyschyn retired this year... ok, DEAL!

I think most people would rather have a retired Leschyschyn than an active Poti at this point.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I'm fine with trading Poti for whatever we can get for him. We should have another defenseman who has experience at the NHL level that we can use as a replacement besides Roszival, Kaspar, Strudwick, and Malik. But guys, we already have that. We have Purinton. Say what you want about his suckitude, but he's experienced at the NHL level,plays a mean game, and isn't a guy who HAS to be playing on a nightly basis. We have Rullier, who has played at the NHL level. We have Pock (who I'm afraid is likely a career AHLer with some occasional injury call-ups).

We have guys who can fill in and play a role when we need it. In the meantime, we have prospects like Kondratiev and Lampman who should be getting some time in games.

Lampman may not have been very good on Monday, but I think he's at a point in his career when we need to tolerate a couple of off games. If the next 5 games he plays are similar, we can talk about writing him off or saying he just isn't ready. The fact is, rookies aren't ever ready to be veterans.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
OLA--- In your rush to slam your hated Code ( i think he's Lundmark's brother), i think you are jumping to conclusions...
hehe I don't think they are related. I feel bad when slamming Lundmark, who ever is behind code is just to much. They charge people money for making up rumors... Pretty illigal too.

Also you brought up Pck. I don't think he is ready for the NHL, I don't even think he is close this year. He needs atleast a year in the AHL. It would most likely hurt his development if he was thrown into the NHL right now.

Old
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Ola

The only reason I can think of to drop Poti is because Rozival have looked pretty darn good so far. I really liked how he and Kondratiev handled some situations against Washington. If it weren't for Rosie we wouldn't have the possibility to move Poti unless we got someone able to handle his minutes in return. Though the question about Rosies ability to remain healty still remains...

Old
10-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
The only reason I can think of to drop Poti is because Rozival have looked pretty darn good so far. I really liked how he and Kondratiev handled some situations against Washington. If it weren't for Rosie we wouldn't have the possibility to move Poti unless we got someone able to handle his minutes in return. Though the question about Rosies ability to remain healty still remains...

Just had to bust your chops on Code and Lundmark...First on Pock, I have no clue whether he's ready or not, but more and more kids are making the jump this year league wide, so who knows what the Rangers think....

As for Roszival, I have been non-plussed..Nothing horrible but nothing all that good...a 5th-6th D-man AT BEST...

Old
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

True statement

Quote:
I think it'd be strange if there was no trade in the next couple weeks... I fully expect it, and right now it's just a matter of time, IMO.

Think about it, logjams at forward, horrible D, and we just shipped off two underachieving AHLers, which we have more of in Wiseman, Giroux, etc.
but we may have actually gotten back better value than what we gave. That's a move forward.

Old
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I fPoti was ever going to establish his game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
With Poti and Lundmark being scratched tonight, could that be a sign of a trade to come or is it just disciplinary? What's the latest rumors on this?
it is now. With the rule changes he should be setting the tune on the PP and on the rush. I don't think he is ever going to elevate his game beyond what we see now and that doesn't get it done. He's weak defensively and ofensively he is average. Time to cut bait and try something else.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Da Game

Send a message via AIM to Da Game
Code called the Boyton deal yesterday, with the exact number. He's not a bad source at all.

Closed Thread