HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impressions of Puchras first game?

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2005, 12:09 PM
JAGRISTHEMAN

vCash: 500
Impressions of Puchras first game?

I thought he looked ok with some decent plays but I was hoping for a bit more. It was my first time seeing him play. Nylander, Jagr and Straka have been outstanding. Rucceinsky has played well also. Jagr is trying to get too close to the dman before taking the wrister so 3 out of 4 are being blocked/defelected wide. last night though.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:26 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGRISTHEMAN
I thought he looked ok with some decent plays but I was hoping for a bit more. It was my first time seeing him play. Nylander, Jagr and Straka have been outstanding. Rucceinsky has played well also. Jagr is trying to get too close to the dman before taking the wrister so 3 out of 4 are being blocked/defelected wide. last night though.
He got like 5 minutes of ice time, you can hardly expect a masterful performance. The time he did play was very solid imo.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Prucha was very active in the time he was out there, he did take several hits but was not really phased by it. I thought he played well.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:38 PM
GraveyTrain09

i love prucha, but his weight, or lack of, scares me. i think if he got up to even 190 hed be amazing

Old
10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Fletch

It's hard to get things going...

playing 6 minutes, and it's hard to get noticed when it appears as though you're on the bench for 15 minutes straight. I thought he used his time well. Wasn't a defensive liability, did generate some offense, and could benefit by having more offensive player, but he'll have to wait his turn on that.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Usually when you get such little time, you have to do something to stand out. All I can remember is him getting crushed numerous times, but each and every time he got right back up. In that, you see quickly this guy has no quit. Someone like Jamie Lundmark wouldn't have put himself in that position to receive even 1 of those big hits.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
playing 6 minutes, and it's hard to get noticed when it appears as though you're on the bench for 15 minutes straight
That sounds very familiar.

I would have liked to see Prucha get some PP time last night. He shoots the puck and with guys like Nylander and Straka (when he's not at the point) they need somebody who's going to shoot.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Choice

I have no problem with working him in slowly, as its clear that he's gonna need to adjust his game a little for the NHL. As long as he does get worked in.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:59 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

He beat Marty and hit the post, (not the outside of the post either).

Old
10-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Pizza

First game, 8:03 TOI, hit the post once. Not to bad. Renney has a grip and is doing the right thing. No need to rush. The rest of the team is holding up their end, and Prucha can be worked in slowly. The way things are going now we will need his legs fresh in the spring anyway. Add Prucha's play to that of Betts, Moore, Hollweg, Hossa, et. al. and Lundmark will continue to be marginalized leading to his exit. It really seems to me that Lundmarks days as Ranger are finally coming to an end. It is too bad in a way, but maybe he can get a fresh start elsewhere.

Old
10-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Fletch

No need to rush...

and no need to hold back. He played well early and sat for a long stretch. That wasn't really needed. He has beaten Brodeur in his only prior game against him, and he did 'beat' Brodeur last night while hitting the post. He could've played more.

Old
10-09-2005, 02:18 PM
shoothepuck

I would have liked to see him get at least a shift on the powerplay, but he did get time on the ice and showed he can take a hit and play.

Old
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

8 minutes in your first nhl game is pretty good. he will get more time if he earns it because its clear thats the way renney is running this team.(please please please see the scratches of lundmark and poti) as well as moore scoring a LATE powerplay goal againts montreal.

Old
10-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
I would have liked to see him get at least a shift on the powerplay, but he did get time on the ice and showed he can take a hit and play.
Prucha got two shifts of power play time. He was on for close to a full minute when Madden went off in Period 2. He was on for the tail end of Langenb's penalty in Period 3, maybe 25 seconds or so.

Old
10-09-2005, 02:43 PM
JAGRISTHEMAN

I'd like to see more of the kid because his goal against NJ got me hopeful. The shot that hit the post last night might or might not have beat Brodeur. Its not even a shot on net though so it doesnt count as beating Brodeur. I think he did get a tiny bit of pp time. Other than 2 bad overtime goals against I'm 100% satisfied with the team and the direction we have taken. Slats and Renney deserve a break and some support.

Old
10-09-2005, 03:08 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Prucha got two shifts of power play time. He was on for close to a full minute when Madden went off in Period 2. He was on for the tail end of Langenb's penalty in Period 3, maybe 25 seconds or so.
Yep. Prucha earned that with his tough play also.

I love the fact that Prucha is the type of guy who will get ABSOLUTELY leveled and get up and steal the puck right back.

Whenever he was on the ice he was noticed, and never in a negative way.

Old
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Rodent

On his initial shifts, he crashed the net twice.

Then on his first shift with Rucchin, he intercepted an outlet pass just on the neutral zone side of the Devil blue line.

That last play is exactly what he was known for in Pardubice. It wasn't his goals. It was his steals, intercepts and transition play.

Even if he didn't score in Pardubice, his role (along with Koukal and Kolar) was to keep the puck inside enemy territory as long as possible to give the first three lines a rest.

That's his mindset.

Personally, I don't know that he'll score many goals. But he will take shots at the odd moment and create rebounds. I expect from him the creation of scoring chances that (hopefully) will be converted by his linemates. If he's doing that, I'll be quite satisfied.

He's disruptive. He's a pest (not in a Pat Verbeek, Ken Linsman way - more like a young Damond Langkow) who forces the enemy to make mistakes.

That's his game.

My fear is that too many poeple are expecting 25-30 goals from him in his sophomore season. That's not gonna happen. If that's what you want, then Slats should have brought over Jan Marek instead.

Prucha will score. But that's not his game.

Last edited by Rodent: 10-09-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

He got absolutely crashed into the boards on one who shift ...thought it could have been a boarding call but it wasn't made...but like others have said..he shook it right off and continued playing his game...Rodent your son a is a very skilled and talented player. Grats.

Old
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
He got absolutely crashed on who shift and went into the boards really hard...thought it could have been a boarding call but it wasn't made.
When I saw that Hollweg's penalty was called boarding, I instantly thought of the hit against Prucha.

Now Hollweg came up with his elbow. Had he been sent off for elbowing, I'd have agreed. But hi hit was no more "boarding" than what happened to Petr a few minutes earlier.

Old
10-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Garden_Variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyTrain09
i love prucha, but his weight, or lack of, scares me. i think if he got up to even 190 hed be amazing
That's what the Ranger staff wanted Dube to do and Lundmark for that matter. Adding weight is not always a good thing.

Old
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Fletch

Rodent..

you say that scoring isn't Prucha's game, but what really is? I've only seen him in limited action, but what I see is a kid who's able to generate scoring opportunities often when he's in the offensive zone, and he has a tricky shot from in close, and a rocket from out far. I want to say he has an accurate shot, but I've only seen him shoot about 20 times. What are your thoughts?

Old
10-09-2005, 07:41 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
you say that scoring isn't Prucha's game, but what really is? I've only seen him in limited action, but what I see is a kid who's able to generate scoring opportunities often when he's in the offensive zone, and he has a tricky shot from in close, and a rocket from out far. I want to say he has an accurate shot, but I've only seen him shoot about 20 times. What are your thoughts?
I thought he mentioned he's a guy who creates opportunities off of transition and forechecking (keeping the puck in enemy territory as he said)?

Old
10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Fletch

Thanks..

I hadn't even read the entire post. Kind of started in the middle. The question still is about his shot, which appeared to be accurate, hard, and often tricky. He had a ton of shots in preseason, and seemed to have a nose for the goal, seeming more like a goal scorer than a playmaker.

Old
10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
He got like 5 minutes of ice time, you can hardly expect a masterful performance. The time he did play was very solid imo.
Well said. How can this guy get only 5 shifts. This kid should be playing especially on the power play which struggled all night. I for one will not be fooled this is not a youth movement. Not when Strudwick and other 3rd line veterns are taking up valuable minutes that could be given to moore, hollwig, lundmark, konday and prucha.

Old
10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
True Blue

IMO, he belongs. He is not afraid of playing in traffic or going into corners to dig a puck out. What impressed me even more is that he is not afraid to shoot the puck. He did not feel the need to overpass. He should be with the big club. But he should not be playing on the bottom 2 lines. IF the plan is for him to play less than 8 minutes on the 4th line, then he is better off in Hartford.

Closed Thread