HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Paul Reinhart

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2005, 05:26 PM
revolverjgw

vCash: 500
Paul Reinhart

What are your memories of Paul Reinhart? He was a bit before my time and I only really call watching him via recordings of the '86 finals. He has pretty gaudy offensive totals for a defenseman, even by the standards of the era... and they didn't get any less gaudy during the playoffs. He had health issues and was STILL putting up nearly a point per game near the end of his career. How defensively responsible was he?

Old
10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
barfy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw
What are your memories of Paul Reinhart? He was a bit before my time and I only really call watching him via recordings of the '86 finals. He has pretty gaudy offensive totals for a defenseman, even by the standards of the era... and they didn't get any less gaudy during the playoffs. He had health issues and was STILL putting up nearly a point per game near the end of his career. How defensively responsible was he?
did somebody just watch the 86 playoffs st.louis vs. calgary on NHL network?

Old
10-09-2005, 07:42 PM
revolverjgw

Haha, I wish, but I don't have the NHL Network. He was in an erotic dream I had so he's fresh in my mind.

Old
10-09-2005, 08:25 PM
brianscot

Paul Reinhart had great offensive skills despite his chronic back problems. So much offensive skill in fact, he played forward at times.

As a Bruin fan, he in someways reminded me of Ray Bourque in his quarterbacking capabilities. He also resembled Bourque with his stocky physique, strong skating and very hard shot.

He obviously didnt possess the physical or defensive game that Bourque owned, nor the overall prowess, but offensively, Reinhart was top notch.

Any team that could trot out Reinhart, Kent Nilsson, Hakan Loob, etc on the powerplay was highly skilled and dangerous.

Old
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Ogopogo*

Reinhart was a very good offensive defenseman. Injuries hampered his career but, I remember fluid skating and a good shot.

Old
10-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
What are your memories of Paul Reinhart?
My memories?

Extremely talented, often injured.

Old
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
and if he was on drugs he probably wouldn't had performed the way he did!

if ya remember the 80's you know what commercial i mean

Old
10-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscot
Any team that could trot out Reinhart, Kent Nilsson, Hakan Loob, etc on the powerplay was highly skilled and dangerous.
Kent Nilsson was gone by then, but Joey Mullen was a Flame. Doug Gilmour was auditioning in a Blues uni.

Old
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
brianscot

Actually Reinhart, Nilsson, and Loob were all present from 83-85, although his ever present injuries limited Reinhart to just 27 games in 83-84

Old
10-26-2005, 01:10 PM
God Bless Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscot
Actually Reinhart, Nilsson, and Loob were all present from 83-85, although his ever present injuries limited Reinhart to just 27 games in 83-84
He was a fantastic offensive defenceman, one of the best in the league at his peak. If not for the perpetual back injuries that eventually ended his career, there's no telling what he could have done. At one point early in the 1989-90 season (his last) he was tied for the league scoring lead. The addition of Reinhart and Linden and the emergence of Kirk McLean were the big reasons for the Canucks moderate success in 1988-89.

Old
10-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
I thought he had as much talent as Al MacInnis when they played together in Calgary. The injuries destroyed what, IMO, probably should have been a HOF career. He was an incredible talent.

Old
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
BM67

Reinhart was a forward until shortly before he joined the Flames. His defense needed a lot of attention in the beginning, but I certainly don't recall him as a liability defensively.

Closed Thread