HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Heatly out of ice for a year!

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 12:51 AM
paul99

vCash: 500
Heatly out of ice for a year!

It must be on all wires this morning: Heatly will need 9 to 12 month for his knee rehabilitation. Very bad news for all hockey fans. One of the top NHL player will not play this season and who knows in which condition he will be later...

That source is in french: http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...n&sport=#89401

Old
10-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Wild Bill

Add potential jailtime and possible lockout...could be a long, long time before we see Dany in skates again. What a terrible turn of events.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Kerberos

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyrags
Add potential jailtime and possible lockout...could be a long, long time before we see Dany in skates again. What a terrible turn of events.
Well not aaallll bad. This might MAYBE give the habs a chance of finishing ahead of Atlanta.

Old
10-08-2003, 04:08 AM
Absolut

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99
It must be on all wires this morning: Heatly will need 9 to 12 month for his knee rehabilitation. Very bad news for all hockey fans. One of the top NHL player will not play this season and who knows in which condition he will be later...[/url]
I think the very bad news for all hockey fans is that one of the top NHL players is charged with a felony, and his teammate is dead thanks to his stupidity. Torn up knee somehow seems secondary here, as far as the "very bad news" goes.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:09 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Well not aaallll bad. This might MAYBE give the habs a chance of finishing ahead of Atlanta.
Very classy!

And if top players from each team will be injured(excluding the Hubs of course) then Glorioux could win another Cup!

I hope you were jk or sarcastic!

Old
10-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Very classy!

And if top players from each team will be injured(excluding the Hubs of course) then Glorioux could win another Cup!

I hope you were jk or sarcastic!
Knowing Kerberos, he was 100% sarcastic.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:18 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Just what Heatley needs...
A year without hockey to sit around and stew in his guilt.

Hope they get him a good nurse to keep an eye on him.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:32 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Actually -- assuming he is put in a position where he can be supported by family and loved ones, even the Snyder family -- a couple years away from the game might be exactly what he needs. He's likely to get at least a year in some sort of minimum security facility from a legal standpoint, so the fact he'll be nursing a wounded knee during that time isn't such a big deal.

But if he can really let the grief and guilt out over the next several months (with counselling, etc.), and then once he's done with his legal punishment (assuming it's not too harsh) focus on regaining his physical health, then on hockey... it could work out perfectly. Especially if there's a lockout for any meaningul length of time.

He won't ever lose his nose for the game or his talent; what he stands to lose is his mind and his physical health. If he can avoid those two things, Dany will be OK. I would go so far as to say he might come back even stronger, if he handles the mental part right. He's going to need help though, and a little sympathy from the judge....

Old
10-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

I am sorry about Dany Heatley's injuries. I wish him a quick recovery. But I also recognize he did it all to himself. Actions have consequences. Unfortunately his actions led to very sad consequences for everyone.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:59 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
He's likely to get at least a year in some sort of minimum security facility from a legal standpoint, so the fact he'll be nursing a wounded knee during that time isn't such a big deal.
A year?? Where do you get that? Word is there was no alcohol involved. It was just a bad accident, due to reckless driving. Vince Neil killed a passenger in his Lamborghini or whatever it was, and I believe also injured others in a car accident where he was speeding, and also drunk and stoned out of his gourd. He did 30 days time.
I'd be very surprised to see Dany get anything substantial.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:02 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99
It must be on all wires this morning: Heatly will need 9 to 12 month for his knee rehabilitation. Very bad news for all hockey fans. One of the top NHL player will not play this season and who knows in which condition he will be later...

That source is in french: http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...n&sport=#89401
I had him winning the Rocket Richard trophy this season.....this will affect him the rest of his career....things will never be the same for Heatly.

Old
10-08-2003, 09:02 AM
The_Wiz

i was pretty much right !

AS soon as i heard it was a Terrible Triad of O'Donahue knee injury i figured it would be at least 8 months(that was being optimistic because he's young, and has things like a hyperbaric oxgen chamber available to him for rehab), maybe more ! I posted that about 3 or 4 days ago !

I'm a massage therapist and a kinesiologist. I told you guys i know my stuff ! But oh no, you had to doubt me !

Closed Thread