HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Is Some Youth Movement

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2005, 12:21 PM
natureboy*

vCash: 500
This Is Some Youth Movement

HOw in the world are Prucha and Hollwig scratched. I am sick and tired of this organization. I know people will rip me but i'm sorry this is no youth movement. It is a bunch of lower thirty year old 3rd line players playing over kids that most ranger fans would like to see play.

Old
10-10-2005, 12:56 PM
True Blue

This is going to sound like a broken record, but if they are not going to play the kids every day, then let them go to Hartford. What good is it doing Prucha not to dress for 3 of the first 4 games? Hollweg hopefully does not suddenly become expendable, in their view, just becuase Ville is back.

Old
10-10-2005, 01:02 PM
NYRangers

Hollweg is sitting because of dumb penalties the last two games in close spots. I could see that coming from a mile away.

Old
10-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Synergy27

Kids in Rangers lineup today:

Tyutin
Kondratiev
Lampman

Lundmark
Moore
Hossa

Young guys:

Ortmeyer
Betts
Roszival

Relax.

Hollweg, as mentioned above, has taken a couple of bad penalties.

Prucha was physically dominated against the Devils. He needs to strengthen up before he can make an impact in this league IMO.

Old
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Fletch

Hollweg sitting...

doesn't bother me as much as Purcha's. I heard a little of the interview with him and Maloney on the radio and it seems as though it was explained to him why he was sitting, which I give Renney tons of credit for doing. I didn't catch the entire interview since some jackass had me on the phone thinking I was working. He did mention the penalties, and he said he's not going to change the way he plays, and the coaching staff doesn't want him to. But the question is, where does he fit? He and Prucha unfortunately do not right now, but one will likely fill in for Lundmark, and I assume that will be Hollweg, since Nienimen is the 'third' line left winger and Ward has played his way to the right winger there (and I think Moore is vying for the center there, but Betts is holding strong). With Rucinsky, Jagr, Straka and Hossa as the other four, Prucha will have to wait for an opening, I think. And, you're right TB...he should wait in Hartford for that opening - although the next game isn't until the weekend and the first game was played the same night in which he played against the Devils.

Old
10-10-2005, 01:54 PM
tinyzombies

You can't just throw all the kids in there. You also have to make them earn it. You can't just play them. They're going to make mistakes, that's fine, but they need reinforcement too.

It's not like the Rangers have a stable of blue chip kids either. These are second liners at best as far as I can tell. Which is fine, but there is nobody bursting with talent that needs to be in the lineup NOW.

However, that said, I think Moore should get second line minutes for the way he's played. They also have to promote the guys that deserve it.

Roszival also has played very well imo and should get rewarded.

Old
10-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Fletch

I think...

Prucha's done everything he can to show that he's deserved of a chance to get real NHL minutes. He's earned it and hasn't made any glaring mistakes that I can remember. And while he may not be blue chip, he may be a second liner, and this team needs scoring from its second line too (I think only Hossa has scored from the second line thus far).

Old
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Balej20*

It's a disgrace that Prucha is not playing out there right now. He is rotting away not being dressed.

Old
10-10-2005, 02:42 PM
JAGRISTHEMAN

If you do not like the team then dont watch. I have few complaints.

Old
10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGRISTHEMAN
If you do not like the team then dont watch. I have few complaints.
I,ve watched this team for 30 years and I have the right to complain. This organization has sucked for 8 years and it really does have not much to show for it. You can play kids more instead of playing 30 year old third line players. I will shut up if sather gets value for them at the trade deadline but somehow I believe they were brought here to make the playoffs and another 10 to 11th place finish is not what this team needs. There is no reason other than stupidity for this team to not play Prucha.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
You can play kids more instead of playing 30 year old third line players.
Is it 2009 already?! I didnt know Ortmeyer, Moore, and Ward aged THAT quickly.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
ebn

Quote:
I,ve watched this team for 30 years and I have the right to complain. This organization has sucked for 8 years and it really does have not much to show for it. You can play kids more instead of playing 30 year old third line players. I will shut up if sather gets value for them at the trade deadline but somehow I believe they were brought here to make the playoffs and another 10 to 11th place finish is not what this team needs. There is no reason other than stupidity for this team to not play Prucha.
I think they should play Prucha for no other reason than they need scoring.
They scored two goals in the last two games. They need more scoring from people.
It can't be Jagr and that's it. I didn't see this game against the CAPS but it looks like Lundmark was a minus 2 and lousy. Let him sit play Prucha. At least Prucha won't be a minus 2 giving the puck away.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
I think they should play Prucha for no other reason than they need scoring.
They scored two goals in the last two games. They need more scoring from people.
It can't be Jagr and that's it. I didn't see this game against the CAPS but it looks like Lundmark was a minus 2 and lousy. Let him sit play Prucha. At least Prucha won't be a minus 2 giving the puck away.
Thats whats so different about Prucha. He doesn't need a benching to lite a fire under his ***. He'll play hard regardless. Which will make me mad if he is sat another game.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Is it 2009 already?! I didnt know Ortmeyer, Moore, and Ward aged THAT quickly.
No but Rucinsky, straka, Rucchin are.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:38 PM
JAGRISTHEMAN

Quote:

All this time and you havent been hired by the NHL to caoch or be a GM? Why is that? 8 years? Slats has been here 4 seasons and we missed the playoffs for 7 seasons. I will support the team rather than whine and complain. I have watched the team for longer than 30 years and I appreciate what they are trying to do.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Larry Melnyk

Prucha sitting doesn't bother me as much as Hollweg because this team, as shown today, defenitely needs the hitting and energy that a guy like Hollweg brings...Not another guy that gets physically dominated....And it's obvious that the Rangers will commit stupid peanlties without Hollweg so...

Actually, I want both in there..because they both bring the energy and something else....And really thought Prucha should have been in today... I also have no problem with Hollweg sitting today if only to make him think a little bit more...But you gotta rememeber that he's about the only player on the Rangers that has had to stifle his game because of the way the calls have been made....The bottom line to me is that both kids need to be brought along to the point where they can be used every day..A learning curve for both....And I hope Renney doesn't give up on either because it was wondeful the other night seeing 11 kids under 26 skating for the Rangers..

Old
10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGRISTHEMAN
All this time and you havent been hired by the NHL to caoch or be a GM? Why is that? 8 years? Slats has been here 4 seasons and we missed the playoffs for 7 seasons. I will support the team rather than whine and complain. I have watched the team for longer than 30 years and I appreciate what they are trying to do.

So why is Slats still here? The previous GM was fired for less, and he won a cup here..

So Hollweg took some penalties, they were aggressive, not lazy penalties, so why punish a youngster learning the new game? Rucinsky's had more open chances the last three games than anyone in the leauge, couldn't a young Prucha miss those just as well?

Old
10-10-2005, 03:52 PM
GraveyTrain09

This is a youth movement and you know it, why else would you know that people would bash this thread when you started it.

this seems to be a thread made to distinguish whos with and against you.

we just ****'n scratched two guys because they wernt performing to there ability.

your mad because we dont have 20 kids out there after 1 ****'n week into the season.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 10-10-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old
10-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Edge

I'd like to see Prucha in there a little more, but I also don't think this is the end of the world.

We have a lot of young talent in there that is playing on a given night. I also think this team is still sifting through players as well.

Personally I think Prucha and Hollweg will be fine.

Old
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I have no problem with showing Hollweg the bench. He took some penalties we didn't need to take. Let him sit. Just don't let him sit for long. He has to learn discipline, but at the same time you don't want him to lose his edge. You just want to temper it a bit. It strikes me as part of engineering a player out of a prospect.

If I'm looking at the Hollweg situation optimistically, that's what I'm seeing.

If I'm looking at the Prucha situation optimistically, I'm thinking they're auditioning Lundmark and will move him in trade. They want Prucha practicing with the team and getting to know his teammates until that time, and then he will play regularly.

Old
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Thats whats so different about Prucha. He doesn't need a benching to lite a fire under his ***. He'll play hard regardless. Which will make me mad if he is sat another game.
I agree with this. He goes out and plays. And I don't think getting knocked on his can a couple times in the Devils game had any effect on him at all.

Lundmark played like crap again IMO. He needs to sit until we can find a deal for him. I'm more interested in seeing Prucha and Hollweg than him now.

Old
10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Edge

The fact that Prucha is still up leads me to believe that they expect to move Lundmark soon or at least do something with him.

Old
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
The fact that Prucha is still up leads me to believe that they expect to move Lundmark soon or at least do something with him.
Agree

Old
10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
It's a disgrace that Prucha is not playing out there right now. He is rotting away not being dressed.
WE ARE 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. Prucha would never even make the roster given the last couple of coaches we had. Give Renney some time too feel out the Vets, once he know's how's expendable than you will see the rookies play more.

Old
10-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
WE ARE 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. Prucha would never even make the roster given the last couple of coaches we had. Give Renney some time too feel out the Vets, once he know's how's expendable than you will see the rookies play more.
The point is, he deserved a spot on the starting team, right out of camp. If they were unsure about him, why didn't they just send him down for the time being. But as i stated above, I do agree with Edge.

Closed Thread