HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Magnus Nygren

Old
11-17-2015, 10:50 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
He has no trade value since scouts actually watch hockey games and see he's not that good.
Only GMs know what his trade value is but he's produced everywhere he's played. In Hamilton he was able to put up points despite being a team with the worst PP in the league each year. Produced better then any D prospect we had in Hamilton on a pro rated basis since Subban.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 07:50 PM
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watching Vejdemo, he's still getting his regular shift on the 3rd line. He's had 1 shot on goal that his linemate just missed putting home the rebound, his line scored a goal but I missed it. He got hit hard into the boards from behind but got right back up. No PP or PK time.

Also Nygren has returned from injury, never heard what it was but his last game was almost a month ago.
I still believe that Nygren should be an NHL dman.

He has all the tools to succeed.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Nygren either has to have a shot here.....or be of some value for a trade. Incredible that neither could happen. Waste of some value.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 09:54 PM
bryan1966

Nygren will be 26 this summer. He needs to get a shot next year with the habs or they wasted an asset.

bryan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 03:48 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan1966 View Post
Nygren will be 26 this summer. He needs to get a shot next year with the habs or they wasted an asset.
Won't be the first time a team wastes an asset and it won't be the last....plus he doesn't want to be here (North America)

jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Won't be the first time a team wastes an asset and it won't be the last....plus he doesn't want to be here (North America)
*Hamilton

Why would he play 2 partial years in NA if he had no wish to play in NHL. He just said he hated Hamilton. His car got robbed and his bro got mugged iirc.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 09:32 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I don't know what the plan is for him and perhaps management will never bring him over, but before his injury he was the top scoring defensemen in the SHL and even now he's only 2 pts back of the lead. The Habs own his rights next year as well so I don't think they must get a shot next year as they could sign him next off-season if need be. It's a shame how it's gone as he's clearly got offensive skill but he's likely making a lot of money so I can see why he wouldn't want to give that up for a small amount in the AHL. Will be very interesting to see how they handle the situation, I hope he gets a shot with us but if not perhaps he can be traded in a package at some point.

Old
01-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Frank JT

Quote:
I hope so. With Subban, Petry, and Pateryn (Gilbert is a FA in july), all RD, he could take the place of the 7th defencemen and play in Montreal.

Frank JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2016, 11:23 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
His car got robbed and his bro got mugged iirc.
Insane how that story got devolved into this ****. Next time it's recalled, it'll be "he got shanked to death in broad daylight" .. all he said he saw was a dangerous looking biker gang across from his residence.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Insane how that story got devolved into this ****. Next time it's recalled, it'll be "he got shanked to death in broad daylight" .. all he said he saw was a dangerous looking biker gang across from his residence.
His brother getting robbed:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...port-1.2893267

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Link to where he just said he saw a dangerous looking biker gang?

Brother mugged:
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...-in-burlington

His car window being smashed out:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...city-1.2782598

Last edited by Watsatheo: 01-09-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2016, 02:19 PM
sergejean

Quote:
I don't know what the plan is for him and perhaps management will never bring him over, but before his injury he was the top scoring defensemen in the SHL and even now he's only 2 pts back of the lead. The Habs own his rights next year as well so I don't think they must get a shot next year as they could sign him next off-season if need be. It's a shame how it's gone as he's clearly got offensive skill but he's likely making a lot of money so I can see why he wouldn't want to give that up for a small amount in the AHL. Will be very interesting to see how they handle the situation, I hope he gets a shot with us but if not perhaps he can be traded in a package at some point.
Can't the Habs do anything about this? I mean there certainly no salary cap in the AHL no? Why don't they just guarantee him the same salary if he stays in the AHL?

sergejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2016, 04:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
Can't the Habs do anything about this? I mean there certainly no salary cap in the AHL no? Why don't they just guarantee him the same salary if he stays in the AHL?
Now that he wouldn't be on an ELC they could, I don't know how much he makes in the SHL. They were paying Tokarski 575K to play in the AHL so I don't see why they couldn't pay Nygren, if he would agree to play there. But they could also bring him over and if he doesn't make it they can just loan him back to the SHL, the only problem is that it counts against the 50 contract limit.

Old
01-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Now that he wouldn't be on an ELC they could, I don't know how much he makes in the SHL. They were paying Tokarski 575K to play in the AHL so I don't see why they couldn't pay Nygren, if he would agree to play there. But they could also bring him over and if he doesn't make it they can just loan him back to the SHL, the only problem is that it counts against the 50 contract limit.
Surely he has more value as a prospect than some that contracts are used on.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2016, 09:51 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Link to where he just said he saw a dangerous looking biker gang?

Brother mugged:
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...-in-burlington

His car window being smashed out:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...city-1.2782598
The Swedish blog post that supposedly mentioned car windows and unemployment rates is deleted... and Expressen (along with some Russian publications) tend to act like tabloids all the time. He denied saying all that anyway.

I don't remember where the bike gang thing was from and I'm too ****ing lazy to find it. Good day.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Habs100

He has a good shot.

The question marks around his game are his abilities to follow and out muscle opposing forwards, his positioning, his play with the puck in the d zone, and his first pass.

Anybody have any updates on these aspects of his game this year in Sweden or last year in Hamilton?

Last edited by Habs100: 01-10-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Habs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2016, 11:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Surely he has more value as a prospect than some that contracts are used on.
The problem could be if management is unhappy with how he handled the situation. We can only guess until they sign, trade or his rights expire. To me it would be stupid to not take advantage when you have one of the top scoring defensemen in the SHL but we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
He has a good shot.

The question marks around his game are his abilities to follow defenders, his positioning, his play with the puck in the d zone, and his first pass.

Anybody have any updates on these aspects of his game this year in Sweden or last year in Hamilton?
He always had a good first pass, I've only seen a little of him this year but was surprised that he was more physical then I recall seeing him before. He was playing well in his own end.

Old
01-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Is he better right now than any of Barberio Pateryn or Tinordi.
My best guess is yes.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2016, 12:14 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Actually that statement was from Devan Dubnyk, when he was with Hamilton, staying at a hotel, which was across the street from a restaurant/drivethru. Where bikers were going to get food, hardly threatening poor bikers getting the shaft for riding Harlies.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2016, 12:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Nygren's season has ended unless he makes the WC's for Team Sweden which seems like a bit of a long shot but we'll see what injuries there are and what NHLers end up going since it's still 5-6 weeks away. He finished the year with 26 pts in 47 games, he was among the top scoring blueliners for most of the year but then his ice time got cut back later in the year. The Habs own his rights till June 2017, so we'll see if there is any talk of bringing him over this summer or not.

Old
03-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Baruch
I like DD (Cups)

vCash: 844
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...source=twitter

Heotp interview with nygren

Baruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2016, 01:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
thanks for the link, that was a really good interview. Sounds like he's open to coming back and that the Habs are keeping an eye on him so that's promising. Also agree with Nygren about his comments on Joel Eriksson-Ek as he's impressed me the few times I've watched Farjestad this year.

Old
03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
bryan1966

I find it to be terrible management that our GM does not keep in touch with prospects directly. They should have contact with these players minimum of twice annually.
Give these prospects some feedback and possible plans.

bryan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
That's an encouraging interview...with Markov close to being done, Beaulieu stalling a bit (aty least IMO) the Habs need more offense from their blueline.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2016, 02:31 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

Really great interview. His comments on the habs season were great. Good to know he's willing to join the club if they ever give him a call.

DangerDave is offline   Reply With Quote