HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This season I am most excited about......?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 06:20 AM
goldenchild

vCash: 500
This season I am most excited about......?

What are you most looking forward too this year? what is it that you can't wait to see on thursday night when we open against the Sharks?

For me it's Ales Hemsky. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about one of our guys I just can't wait to see him out there, it's like getting a chance to see something real special from the ground floor. Overall I think our season will play out like the last few a good season where we battle for the last couple of playoff spots, also looking forward to seeing Dvorak healthy and comfortable for a full season if he plays 80 games I think 30 goals are not out of the question.

So what has you most excited on the eve of this season?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:21 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild

So what has you most excited on the eve of this season?
To see what we are going to get for Comrie?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:43 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Hemsky. I'm really excited to see how much he'll improve the players around him. It's absolutely stupid how a player at such a young age was/can be an anchor player. I mean he's listed with other names like Frolov, Chistov, Zetterberg, Nash, etc and the thing that you have to look at and understand is that those guys all were complimentry players. Frolov had Pallfy, Nash had Sanderson, Zetterberg had Hull, etc. Now I"m sure that somebody is going to come on here and say "OH, well Hemsky had Smyth!" But it's the exact opposite of that. Smyth had Hemsky. Hemsky was the one creating the plays and the offense not Smyth - Smyth looked more like the complimentry player he was when he was with Weight.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:51 AM
IceDragoon

Everything!!!

The coaching staff has matured, is more confident and made some much needed adjustments. - better use of training camp - more focus on systems - finally, an offensive mentor (Simmer)

This will all impact our core players, who came to camp in better shape, with a sharper focus and prepared to do whatever the coaches want. When the leaders buy in 100% to what the coaches are selling, the rest of the team follows.

I'm seeing the signs of a team focus, that I haven't seen in over a decade.

Individual achievements will be fun to watch, but on the whole, I see guys being happier about what their contributions mean to the team, than their own stats.

Just my read, but this has me really excited.

Old
10-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Obsessed

Row 9 Sec. 118 OH YA BABY!!

Old
10-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Laraque vs. Oliwa Rounds 1-6
Laraque vs. Worrell Rounds 1-6

Old
10-08-2003, 09:23 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

For thursday i want to see the new netting and see if its any better...Also what the new opening song is...and of course watch hemsky score 25-30 so that all you people who said he cant score can be WRONG

Closed Thread