HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Pierre McGuire 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2003, 05:58 PM
  #1
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Pierre McGuire 2

McGuire is really a big fan of the Oilers.... I just watched the NHL preview on TSN and on top of that I've heard him on the radio a couple and read some stuff on TSN.ca..... I'll tell ya, he thinks the Oilers are really going some where. he is a big Semenov fan and said while on power 92 that he thought Semenov was going to suprise people and emerge as a impact player. Then later on CHED in the same day he was really high on Semenov and Hemsky. The TSN.ca people picked the Oilers to finish 7th in the west with the Kings missing the playoffs... but I'll tell ya, if Gaborik misses much time along with Dupuis they will be in for a long season. I don't care if they only give up a goal a game, they'd still lose half of them!

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:18 PM
  #2
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
I watched it to they named Phoenix last I was just on their boards yesterday and read all these posts *****ing about how people thought more highly of us then them.

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 05:01 AM
  #3
PineJockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: E-Town
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
McGuire is really a big fan of the Oilers.... I just watched the NHL preview on TSN and on top of that I've heard him on the radio a couple and read some stuff on TSN.ca..... I'll tell ya, he thinks the Oilers are really going some where. he is a big Semenov fan and said while on power 92 that he thought Semenov was going to suprise people and emerge as a impact player. Then later on CHED in the same day he was really high on Semenov and Hemsky. The TSN.ca people picked the Oilers to finish 7th in the west with the Kings missing the playoffs... but I'll tell ya, if Gaborik misses much time along with Dupuis they will be in for a long season. I don't care if they only give up a goal a game, they'd still lose half of them!
From the sounds of it, Semenov may not even be in the starting lineup because of a weak camp.

PineJockey is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 05:11 AM
  #4
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
From the sounds of it, Semenov may not even be in the starting lineup because of a weak camp.
I hope not. He had a week camp last year and ended up having a pretty decent season. Maybe he's just saving himself for the real games.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 06:06 AM
  #5
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yep, same thing happened last year.... for some reason I feel that he isn't much of a preseason guy - or is just a bit of a slow starter. I think that it would be pretty stupid to not even find a place for him in the top six - even if it's third pairing where he started out last year. He was one of our best Dmen last year in the last 20 games.... I think if Pisani has earned himself a job on the third line - then so has Semenov, because Fernando is hear because of last year and def. not because he had a good camp (Salmo has a WAY better camp then he did). I really have to wonder though if it isn't the Bergeron/Ferguson pairing that maybe considered the fourth though! I know that it's highly unlikely, but I mean everything MacT has said about Luoma, he seems to be real high on him. Perhaps everybody will get their wish about Ferguson sitting in the PB!?! I'm disapointed they sent Sarno down though - i mean unless they can make room for Stoll, I think it'd be pretty dumb to keep him as a fifth center..... to bad he couldn't play RW - he'd be SOOOOOO perfect with REasoner and Moreau - that'd be a great line for Stoll to break in with!

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 06:16 AM
  #6
Hemmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ethan Moreau for MVP! NOW! VOTE!
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
to bad he couldn't play RW - he'd be SOOOOOO perfect with REasoner and Moreau - that'd be a great line for Stoll to break in with!
Actually, IIRC, Stolie played RW with Comrie as his Center in Kootney.

Stoll seems to be highly versatile...I doubt it would be a problem to play
him at RW, although I am sure he is used best as a C

Hemmer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.