HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No OT Yankees thread?

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Yet ironically there isn't any fan in the league who wouldnt want 26 world championships and the ability to get players and make the playoffs.

What's so ironic is just how pathetic the NY media has really become and one reason why I've never liked the media despite having to constantly work with them. But I'll save that two page speech for another time.

The Yankees lost, why because in any given series any playoff team can beat another.

This teams "drought" is 5 years without a World Series win, how many people would kill for that statistic.

The media loves to build anything up so they can take it apart. Nevermind injuries to just about eveyrone on that pitching staff or that the downfall came when two guys all out hustled and put their bodies on the line to get the ball. Juice sells newspapers and no one better than juicing stories than the NY media.

Never mind that ARod was the only guy who consistently hit all season, he's a bad guy now. Never mind that like a man he put the entire blame on his shoulders, he's an outsider. And NY'er wonders why there are so many stereotypes about the city? I can't even tell you how many rumors I have to debunk around the country because they read crap like what's been written.

Did it ever occur to anyone the reason why the salary was over $200 million was because NY isn't a lot of guys first choice for exactly the reasons the media is choosing now. A guy who would cost you $10 million is not going to cost you $15 million because of thr NY environment. It's the same problem that every NY team has faced despite their deep pockets and super market. But the media would never call themselves out, afterall they are the champions of justic. Athletes, Politicians, rock stars, all the people who "Wronged" them when they were nerds in H.S. or College are going to pay for that now because the great "Gate Keepers" are on the scene. It's all about power, forget the pathetic salaries (which usually pushes many journalists into my profession) it's all about being able to build something and take it down. Absolute, undeniable, mother truckin power!

The Yankees lost because the Angels were better for 5 more innings. It happens. The fact that they even made it despite having a pitching staff that resembled a MASH unit is remarkable within itself.

For a cupboard being so dry this a team that still has names like Duncan, Cabrera and a few others in it which says nothing of Wang and Cano. Ironically if this were a poorer team, Cabrera would have been thrown in there. Duncan in the next year or two is likely going to be the first baseman and this a team who for years people ahve said couldnt draft yet they keep somehow finding younger players to make the deals.

The Yankees aren't evil, they are what ever fan wants theit team to do. Constantly contend, always be in the mix and give them a reason to watch.

And many of these people with the Yankees sucks remarks magically avoid naming their team. And why, because if they actually named their teams it'd either be laughable or they'd lose just about all credibility.

I mean how else do you turn around say "Yankees suck"

Well who's your team?

"Err the Pirates" or insert team without playoffs, championships, etc. here.

Old
10-13-2005, 04:49 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
And many of these people with the Yankees sucks remarks magically avoid naming their team. And why, because if they actually named their teams it'd either be laughable or they'd lose just about all credibility.

Well who's your team?

"Suck" does not neccessarily mean the Yankees aren't a great team, with an outstanding tradition who've been winners for a LONG time.

It just means I hate the Yankees and enjoy seeing them lose. No need to justify it.

I'm a SF Giants fan.

Bobby Richardson sucks!!!

Last edited by klingsor: 10-13-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old
10-13-2005, 06:06 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Yet ironically there isn't any fan in the league who wouldnt want 26 world championships and the ability to get players and make the playoffs.

What's so ironic is just how pathetic the NY media has really become and one reason why I've never liked the media despite having to constantly work with them. But I'll save that two page speech for another time.

The Yankees lost, why because in any given series any playoff team can beat another.

This teams "drought" is 5 years without a World Series win, how many people would kill for that statistic.

The media loves to build anything up so they can take it apart. Nevermind injuries to just about eveyrone on that pitching staff or that the downfall came when two guys all out hustled and put their bodies on the line to get the ball. Juice sells newspapers and no one better than juicing stories than the NY media.

Never mind that ARod was the only guy who consistently hit all season, he's a bad guy now. Never mind that like a man he put the entire blame on his shoulders, he's an outsider. And NY'er wonders why there are so many stereotypes about the city? I can't even tell you how many rumors I have to debunk around the country because they read crap like what's been written.

Did it ever occur to anyone the reason why the salary was over $200 million was because NY isn't a lot of guys first choice for exactly the reasons the media is choosing now. A guy who would cost you $10 million is not going to cost you $15 million because of thr NY environment. It's the same problem that every NY team has faced despite their deep pockets and super market. But the media would never call themselves out, afterall they are the champions of justic. Athletes, Politicians, rock stars, all the people who "Wronged" them when they were nerds in H.S. or College are going to pay for that now because the great "Gate Keepers" are on the scene. It's all about power, forget the pathetic salaries (which usually pushes many journalists into my profession) it's all about being able to build something and take it down. Absolute, undeniable, mother truckin power!

The Yankees lost because the Angels were better for 5 more innings. It happens. The fact that they even made it despite having a pitching staff that resembled a MASH unit is remarkable within itself.

For a cupboard being so dry this a team that still has names like Duncan, Cabrera and a few others in it which says nothing of Wang and Cano. Ironically if this were a poorer team, Cabrera would have been thrown in there. Duncan in the next year or two is likely going to be the first baseman and this a team who for years people ahve said couldnt draft yet they keep somehow finding younger players to make the deals.

The Yankees aren't evil, they are what ever fan wants theit team to do. Constantly contend, always be in the mix and give them a reason to watch.

Well who's your team?

Im a met fan.....and i dont think the yankees suck. I dont even hate the yankees. I hate their fans.......Not saying I hate all of the yankee fans, but I hate alot of them......I agree with alot of the things you said but the one thing is the yankees are built to win it all.....and 5 years is along time with the team the yankees have. Im not even talking about the salaries......The talent the team has should win it all and anything less is a failure......Like you said any team can win a series at any given time....but 5 years is way too long......i mean me as a met fan our team has been bad for so long and the yankees have been good for so long, most yankee fans i know are dicks and rub it in when they are on top and the mets are on the bottom.....so yea I am always happy when the yankees loose......just so the retard fans i know shut their mouths.

Old
10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2
so yea I am always happy when the yankees loose......just so the retard fans i know shut their mouths.
Utterly brilliant assesment.

Closed Thread