HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Danish Super Best League

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Gumies

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Gumies Send a message via MSN to Gumies
Danish Super Best League

Can anyone tell me how teams qualify for the Danish League Cup? Id be intrested to anything anyone knows.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumies
Can anyone tell me how teams qualify for the Danish League Cup? Id be intrested to anything anyone knows.
Bit late on the reply, since I haven't check these boards for ages. Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'll go over all the possiblities for you.

The league consists of 9 teams, currently. After the regular season, the top 8 teams goes into the playoffs, with quarter finals, semi finals and finals. All payoff rounds are best of 7 games. The best team in the regular season gets to choose its opponent in the playoffs, then the 2nd best team chooses, the 3rd team etc.

In addition to the championships, there is also a cup tournament - in this, the top 8 teams from the previous year meets in a playoff'ish manner, with best of 2 games in each round. The cup is usually downplayed quite a lot, though, and it's really only the championship that matters for the teams.

As for qualifiying for the league itself, I believe that the best team in the 1st division (the division directly below the Elite league) may choose to be promoted, if they can prove that they have the finances to play in the best league, and if they want to.

This is why the league only consists of 9 teams, there used to be 10 teams, but a couple of teams went broke a few years back, and so far they haven't been able (or willing) to raise the funds to play in the best league. The league is on the rise with better players and bigger payroles, which dosent exactly make it easier for the lower tier teams to play in the league.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Jake

oh, and btw...

The league is now called "Oddset ligaen". (Sponsorship of the league changed)

Closed Thread