Notices

Question to Atlanta fans.

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Birko19

vCash: 500
Question to Atlanta fans.

I know with all the bad things that happened lately, my question is not really that important, but before I ask, I must say that my prayers are with Dan's family, and I hope everything goes well with Heatley too.

Here's my question, since you guys follow your team more then I do, how do you think Kovalchuk will do this year? I picked him in my 1-year yahoo fantasy league, how many points do you guys think he'll get? and how many goals? will his +/- improve? and will Heatley's situation make Ilya play better or worse?

Thanks in advance

Old
10-07-2003, 07:42 PM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19
Here's my question, since you guys follow your team more then I do, how do you think Kovalchuk will do this year? I picked him in my 1-year yahoo fantasy league, how many points do you guys think he'll get? and how many goals? will his +/- improve? and will Heatley's situation make Ilya play better or worse?

Thanks in advance
Take Heater's statistical year last year and Ilya could do that this year. I dont think he will have QUITE as many points though, but +/- should be no more then -5 to -10.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Matt Gunning

I have him in one of my leagues. I think his plus/minus will be better than last season (-27) and he will probably have more power play points. In preseason Hartley was playing him on the point on the power play to get him open and to allow him to play the entire 2 minutes.

Old
10-08-2003, 08:39 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I think he is going to have a breakout year.

The PP time is going to be huge, in addition I think Hartley is going to double shift him alot. This horrible situation just might be the wake up call that Ilya needed.

If the Thrashers are going to be a playoff contender, it all rests on Ilya's ability to carry the team. Look for Don Waddell to bring in a player specifically to play on Ilya's line, either as a center or a winger.

Closed Thread