HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Similarities

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2005, 07:41 AM
LannysStach
Thou shall

vCash: 500
Similarities

Sens fans should just enjoy the h. e. double-hockey-sticks outta this year, win or lose. enjoy the ride. this team is so sickly good it reminds me of some others i've seen . . . this is all just for fun, but i just can't stop marveling, shakin my head, and thinkin . . .

Heatley and Spezza remind me of Lafleur & Lemaire, or Gretz & Kurri, or Bosey & Trots, just having their way out there.

and then there's this unflappable monster in goal, like Billy Smith or Grant Fuhr or Ken Dryden, such that even if you finally, Somehow, get past their forwards and around their defense -- "ah-geez, it's freakin Hasek!"

and how there's this overabundance of wealth that can beat you from the third or fourth lines, like i dunno, Yvon Lambert or Mario Trembley would do, or Nystrom or Tonelli, or Willy Lindstrom or MacTavish in Edmonton. just when you think you got the big guys contained, boom! "so sorry!"

and they just play like those ridiculous (ly good) oilers teams where they seemed to not mind falling behind a few goals, cuz, "eh, we can score 3 anytime we want."

they're just so absurdly rich in talent and seem to be having such a good time out there playing that you forget its the pros -- it's like a dream-team pick-up game.

and they've got this inhumanly talented captain, like a certain scrawny kid with his jersey half-stuck in his pants, that while you're busy marvelling at all the other talent, all of a sudden, "oh yeah, there's HIM!", after he's skated thru the seams and scored yet again.

and if you take your eyes off the forwards when the opposition final breaks thru, there's this Potvin-like giant between the blueline and the goal.

there's no such thing as dynasty's anymore in our modern free agency world, but teams can play and be like one for a year.

i dunno how many of you guys are old enough to have flashbacks, but i've been goin on a trip without leavin the farm watchin this team.

any other similarities pop in your guys' heads?

Old
10-12-2005, 07:45 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannysStach
and how there's this overabundance of wealth that can beat you from the third or fourth lines, like i dunno, Yvon Lambert or Mario Trembley would do, or Nystrom or Tonelli, or Willy Lindstrom or MacTavish in Edmonton. just when you think you got the big guys contained, boom! "so sorry!"
Well, our 3rd and 4th line scoring so far has been anemic.

Call me a cynic

But I just see a team that's won 4 straight games.

Old
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannysStach
Sens fans ...
Well, that's certainly one way to look at it

I don't think the Sens are THAT good. I know they haven't shown they're that good. I am willing to be proven wrong though.

Old
10-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Don Draper

dont get me wrong, I am going to love each and every game this team plays over the year, but we are nowhere near the team you just described. Right now we are 4 forwards deep, with some above average checkers and a few guys who know how to skate. We could develop and should develop into much more as the season goes on, but dont think for a second that there arent question marks.

Closed Thread