HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think a trade is in the makings.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2005, 05:22 PM
  #26
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd
The Avs will take Handzus off your hands! We'll give you Boughner and a 3rd in return?

uhhh, we're not dumping salary

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
  #27
lynchmob450
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
If you bring up Carter, Richards or Pitkanen in a trade rumour...you're NOT a Flyers fan and you DON'T care about the future of the Flyers (to top that off....you're an IDIOT!!).

As for a possible deal, how about Zeus & Brashear to Montreal for Zednick and a pick? The Flyers would pick up a speedie winger with scoring abilities. The Habs would get some size (which they lack) and a tough guy (which they also lack). The Flyers would then be able to pick up a cheaper alternative in a "goon" (there are many out there).

lynchmob450 is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 10:21 PM
  #28
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450
If you bring up Carter, Richards or Pitkanen in a trade rumour...you're NOT a Flyers fan and you DON'T care about the future of the Flyers (to top that off....you're an IDIOT!!).

As for a possible deal, how about Zeus & Brashear to Montreal for Zednick and a pick? The Flyers would pick up a speedie winger with scoring abilities. The Habs would get some size (which they lack) and a tough guy (which they also lack). The Flyers would then be able to pick up a cheaper alternative in a "goon" (there are many out there).
I suggested Vyborny, but Zednik would also work. A guy who can skate and score and isn't a complete defensive liability would do wonders for this team right now. Bringing up Randy Jones and dealing either Seids or Desjardins (whichever a team would take) for a pick wouldn't be a bad idea, either. No need to be getting rid of our best young players, though, people. Pitkanen? Richards? Carter? WHY?

mercury is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 05:52 AM
  #29
Nacho
Special
 
Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Don't know why this "trade centers" talk is starting...? You guys do know that it's the defence that has been hurting, with AHLers going up and down in the lineups...

Once the D-pairings has been solved, with Hatcher and Seidenberg back in the lineup, then things will start to flow...

Chemistry people, chemistry.

Nacho is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 06:22 AM
  #30
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
Don't know why this "trade centers" talk is starting...? You guys do know that it's the defence that has been hurting, with AHLers going up and down in the lineups...

Once the D-pairings has been solved, with Hatcher and Seidenberg back in the lineup, then things will start to flow...

Chemistry people, chemistry.
I think we need more firepower upfront, we got good depth but were lacking in top-6 talent, but that can probably wait until the deadline were atleast i expect a top-6 winger to be aquired.

I agree that the D is a cause of concern aswell, but the Flyers should wait to act until Hatcher is back and Seidenberg has shown what he can do.

Art Vandelay is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:51 AM
  #31
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
I think we are one top 6 winger and one #5-6 defenseman short of where we want to be right now, but the return of Kapanen after Thanksgiving may give us a big boost.

mercury is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 03:29 PM
  #32
DaveBrown21
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I think we are one top 6 winger and one #5-6 defenseman short of where we want to be right now, but the return of Kapanen after Thanksgiving may give us a big boost.
Agreed. I think the absence of Kapanen is/was greatly underestimated. He's certainly #1 or #2 as far as the Flyers best 2-way player (along with Primeau).

DaveBrown21 is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
  #33
Roy G Biv*
 
Roy G Biv*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
The Sens could probably use Handzus, although I doubt Clarke and Muckler would ever make a deal.

Could Handzus play on the 2nd line in this new nhl?

Roy G Biv* is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
  #34
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Handzus to Ottawa? Yeesh. What on earth could you send us that would not make this deal horrible for us and a godsend for the Sens?

mercury is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
  #35
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Nice to see everyone is still trading Handzus!!! I love Handzus and just dont think it would be a good idea to trade him, but I understand why people mention him in trade talk. If Richards stays this good, then maybe I would entertain it. Although Hitch really relies on him!! Anyway, that isnt my point. I am a little upset that Hitch gave Carter one game on the wing. He is not 100% and was trying to learn a new position. Give him some time. I dont think it matters who is on the wing with Forsberg and Gagne. I also rather have Knuble with Richards to add some scoring to two lines.

Give this team some time to adjust to the new rules, get Hatcher back and get all 10 new players acclimated. If after 10-15 games we are still seeing problems, then maybe the chemistry needs to be addressed. No need to panic yet.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
  #36
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,511
vCash: 500
I think having a guy like Umberger with the Phantoms is a waste of talent. Once Kapanen is back we'll have to sit Sharp/Savage/Sim/Radio/etc. as well. If anybody is getting traded it's one of these younger/cheaper guys like Radio, Sharp or Umberger. But this is not going to happen unless the Flyers lose a ton of games early on.

Not sure what Clarkie would want in return - more skill at wing or another 6th dman.

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 09:56 PM
  #37
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
anyone think we can get justin williams back cheap?
Actually, I do not think this is that bad of an idea, the problem is that he isnt much of a scorer, at least not yet. I do think he would compliment Carter perfectly though. Carter is more of a shooter than a passer, Williams is more of a passer. Williams plays similar to Sharp but has more offensive talent. It think they would be the perfect pair.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:10 PM
  #38
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
I really don't see a trade happening until Kapanen is back, or if we really hit the skids.

mercury is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:12 PM
  #39
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Actually, I do not think this is that bad of an idea, the problem is that he isnt much of a scorer, at least not yet. I do think he would compliment Carter perfectly though. Carter is more of a shooter than a passer, Williams is more of a passer. Williams plays similar to Sharp but has more offensive talent. It think they would be the perfect pair.
I suggested Zeus and Radio for Justin Williams, Frantisek Kaberle, and a pick or prospect. Then maybe we could deal Seidenberg for a pick?

mercury is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 11:55 PM
  #40
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Actually, I do not think this is that bad of an idea, the problem is that he isnt much of a scorer, at least not yet. I do think he would compliment Carter perfectly though. Carter is more of a shooter than a passer, Williams is more of a passer. Williams plays similar to Sharp but has more offensive talent. It think they would be the perfect pair.
I'd like to see Williams back as well. He's a very smooth and quick skater, which is an asset with the new rules. He can also pretty good at both ends of the ice. I'm starting to wish they had never traded him in the first place; the Flyers could use him about now.

Brad* is offline  
Old
10-14-2005, 01:30 AM
  #41
The Hamburglar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Sorry to intrude on your board, but doesn't Carolina have Staal, Brind'Amour and Vasicek as their top 3 centers, while Montreal has Koivu, Ribeiro and Bonk? I doubt they have a need for Handzus as they rather keep their wingers than add another center. Vyborny might work as Columbus may need a guy like Handzus.

The Hamburglar is offline  
Old
10-14-2005, 02:18 AM
  #42
donelikedinner
Registered User
 
donelikedinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In a house
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Sorry to intrude on your board, but doesn't Carolina have Staal, Brind'Amour and Vasicek as their top 3 centers, while Montreal has Koivu, Ribeiro and Bonk? I doubt they have a need for Handzus as they rather keep their wingers than add another center. Vyborny might work as Columbus may need a guy like Handzus.
Zues would be the #2 center for Ottawa, Carolina & Columbus. if the sens had Zues, it would be close to game over for the rest of the league.

donelikedinner is offline  
Old
10-14-2005, 03:06 AM
  #43
The Hamburglar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
Zues would be the #2 center for Ottawa, Carolina & Columbus. if the sens had Zues, it would be close to game over for the rest of the league.
I didn't mention Ottawa at all in my post. I doubt the Flyers and Sens make a trade. Handzus may very well be the 2nd line center in Carolina, but then they would have to go and trade a center for the winger they just lost (Williams in this case), and it's not for sure they get someone like Williams back. The canes are probably looking to improve elsewhere in their line-up. As for Columbus, I said they could be a possibility...

The Hamburglar is offline  
Old
10-14-2005, 08:19 AM
  #44
Matt Foley*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: you do... so well!
Country: United States
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
As a Columbus fan, I can't envision MacLean moving Vyborny unless it was a definite overpayment. He's a player that Columbus probably values more than your team would, since he's the only top-two RW the team has. Clarke would probably offer what most people would consider fair value and MacLean would in turn refuse the deal.

Regardless, it seems MacLean is in a dealing mood lately, as the pressure for him to ice a successful team in Columbus is building. I would not be shocked at all to see the Flyers and Blue Jackets make a deal of some kind. Columbus really needs the strength up the middle that Handzus could provide.

Matt Foley* is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 10:41 AM
  #45
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Sorry to intrude on your board, but doesn't Carolina have Staal, Brind'Amour and Vasicek as their top 3 centers, while Montreal has Koivu, Ribeiro and Bonk? I doubt they have a need for Handzus as they rather keep their wingers than add another center. Vyborny might work as Columbus may need a guy like Handzus.
Last I saw Carolina was using Vasicek on left wing with Cullen as the #2 or #3 center. I think Carolina could certainly use Handzus, but I would want more than Williams at this point. Carolina has a glut of defensmen, but I don't think they would get rid of Kaberle. More like they'd try to get rid of Wallin, who I don't want.

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 11:02 AM
  #46
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
More like they'd try to get rid of Wallin, who I don't want.
Wallin and Nitty could make for some interesting goals.

Art Vandelay is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 11:03 AM
  #47
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North
Wallin and Nitty could make for some interesting goals.
Hmm. Yeah, that would be horrid.

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
  #48
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Do you guys think we can get Morozov for Sharp Radio and like 3d or 2nd round picks???

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 03:24 PM
  #49
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Do you guys think we can get Morozov for Sharp Radio and like 3d or 2nd round picks???
1: Isnt he in Russia?
2: Trade with Pittsburgh?
3: Overpayment IMO, Radio + 3rd round pick should be enough.

Art Vandelay is offline  
Old
10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
  #50
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
As a Columbus fan, I can't envision MacLean moving Vyborny unless it was a definite overpayment. He's a player that Columbus probably values more than your team would, since he's the only top-two RW the team has. Clarke would probably offer what most people would consider fair value and MacLean would in turn refuse the deal.

Regardless, it seems MacLean is in a dealing mood lately, as the pressure for him to ice a successful team in Columbus is building. I would not be shocked at all to see the Flyers and Blue Jackets make a deal of some kind. Columbus really needs the strength up the middle that Handzus could provide.

As a Flyers fan, I would be shocked to see Clarke dealing Handzus. Vyborny.... who is that?? Will he help Flyers to win the cup?
If you are looking for some kind of deal... I have a better deal for you... How about Handzus, Umberger and Flyers 2006 1st rounder for Nash???

Silly rabbit!!!


Last edited by greatwhite101: 10-17-2005 at 11:05 AM.
greatwhite101* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.