HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter needs to sit...and other musings.

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
i think he's gotten better every game... almost had a goal last night. Brashear should be removed from his presence as soon as possible (from the team if i had my wish). if Carter was playing with someone who could, ya know, make a pass he scores last night to make it 2-1... on the play where Wellwood came down (and beat Brashear...again) Carter was coming off the boards and was wide open to come right in front of the net.... what did Brash do? he blindly through the puck to the other team... great.

what confuses me is that before the season started Hitch said he thought it was going to take 20 games for Carter to get used to playing the wing... if you think it is going to take that long, why do you immediately remove the kid from Forsberg's line after 1 game?

just asking...
Couldnt have said it better myself!!! One thing I have noticed with Carter so far is that he doesnt hesitate to shoot the puck. Give him time with Forsberg, let him get used to playing wing and started scoring with that shot. I also dont see why you cant just leave Carter and center if that makes him more comfortable and pur Forsberg on the wing. He has played there before. Hitch is the man, but sometimes he really aggravates me!!!

Old
10-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
While I believe Carter will have an impact for us at some point, he should either be sent down to Phantoms or scratched. I still don't think he is 100%. He is losing every battle for the puck, is being knocked off of the puck far to easily when he has it, has not shown his speed yet and has yet to lay a decent body check.

Bring up Umberger and let him play for a while untill Carter can prove he has his strength back.

Randy Jones should be our 7th dman...not Therien/Skonley/Sidenburg.

Nitty should be given the opportunity to be our starter untill he proves otherwise or untill Esche can regain his form.

Sim and Richards have surprised thus far and I would like them to remain on the same line.

Do not mess with Foppa/Knuble/Gags...the line is a treat to watch.

Give Primeau more meaningful minutes...Let him play on an offensive line.
I would agree with everything you are saying IF the Flyers were 8 and 17, not 1 and 2!!!

Old
10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
PRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
3 Friggin Game!

Patience!
Cant agree more! I'll come back to this topic after 10 games at least. I always believe it takes a good 10 games to give a fair assessment on the team.

Old
10-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Flyguy_1ca

Send a message via ICQ to Flyguy_1ca
Personally, I don't think Carter should sit...but I have no problem with him only playing 10 mins a game until he gets going. Personally, I'd like to see these lines:

Gagne/Forsberg/Knuble
Handzus/Richards/Radio
Brashear/Primeau/Stevenson
Sim/Carter/Sharp

I still don't like Savage....Mr October is looking pretty dry

Old
10-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy_1ca
Personally, I don't think Carter should sit...but I have no problem with him only playing 10 mins a game until he gets going. Personally, I'd like to see these lines:

Gagne/Forsberg/Knuble
Handzus/Richards/Radio
Brashear/Primeau/Stevenson
Sim/Carter/Sharp

I still don't like Savage....Mr October is looking pretty dry
I like those lines.

Savage stinks. I know he wasn't signed to sit on the bench, but I think Sharp is a better player.

Old
10-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I like those lines.

Savage stinks. I know he wasn't signed to sit on the bench, but I think Sharp is a better player.
Hitch actually commented on 610 after the game about wanting to get Sharp out on the PP with Carter and Primeau, so I'm sure he'll be in the lineup pretty regulary from here on (at least I hope so).

Old
10-15-2005, 10:14 AM
stanley

I don't agree about Carter. I think he simply needs a goal and some confidence, and in my opinion, the big club is the place right now for him to get it.

See me in 8-10 games if he hasn't improved.

Old
10-15-2005, 10:59 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I don't agree about Carter. I think he simply needs a goal and some confidence, and in my opinion, the big club is the place right now for him to get it.

See me in 8-10 games if he hasn't improved.
I agree, and I'll bet when he gets that first goal, a bunch more will follow in a hurry.

Closed Thread