Notices

WJC-Russia-2016

Old
08-08-2015, 10:15 AM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Yes, heres what I saw:

Defense was very good, with exception to Lyamkin, some very poor give aways.
-Boikov, Mikulovich, Sharipzyanov - reliable, physical, very efficient/good puck movement. If Provorov is returned for the WJC, Russia will have arguably the best defense unit there.

Offense Sluggish at best. Guryanov/Svechnikov played along side Svetlakov, all 3 had a difficult time getting anything going. Guryanov had a couple break aways he couldn't finish. Only guy up front I was impressed with was Kuzmenko - he can fly with the puck. He was giving the CDN D headaches and sprained ankles all night.

Anyone know why Nasybullin was not invited?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 10:30 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSnipe View Post
You mean the U20 game - Russia vs. Canada? We ended up winning 3-2 on an overtime goal, but I have no idea where to watch these games, plus I haven't found any highlight videos.
links were available live.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2015, 04:59 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
That's not saying much.
Saying enough for him (Boikov) to get drafted and appointed captain of the NT by Bragin in the exhibition series....

Old
08-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Extended roster for 4 Nations Tournament (from 28-th to 30-th of August):

GK
Ilya Samsonov
Maxim Tretyak
Alexander Trushkov

D
Ilya Dervuk
Roman Khalikov
Yevgeni Nazarkin
Yegor Ogiyenko
Yegor Orlov
Yegor Rykov
Kirill Shchukin
Yegor Tsvetkov
Nikita Zhuldikov
Mikhail Yuzeyev

FW
Semyon Afonasyevskiy
Artur Boltanov
Denis Guryanov
Ivan Igumnov
Artyom Ilyenko
Yegor Korshkov
Konstantin Kuznetsov
Nikita Kurakin
Artur Lauta
Arkhip Nekolenko
Kirill Pilipenko
Alexander Protapovich
Daniil Vovchenko
Mikhail Vorobyov
Artyom Zhelezkov

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2015, 06:13 PM
cska78

had Popygaev not injured himself - wonder if Bragin takes a look at him

Old
08-23-2015, 08:50 AM
FinnHockeyFan

Is Russian 2016 NHL draft prospect Dmitri Sokolov.
Akin for former Russian National team goalie Maxim Sokolov?

FinnHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2015, 09:44 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHockeyFan View Post
Is Russian 2016 NHL draft prospect Dmitri Sokolov.
Akin for former Russian National team goalie Maxim Sokolov?
Nope. Sokolov simply is a very common Russian last name.

09-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Fantomas

Early on this season, reading many accolades for Abramov and Sergachev in their play for their respective CHL clubs. Sokolov has been criticized for seeming lackadaisical, but it's early.

If Sergachev is anything like Provorov he should challenge for a roster spot at the WJC. He is already on Windsor's top pairing. Abramov is on Gatineau's top scoring line too. All good signs.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Fantomas

Sokolov's decision to join the Sudbury Wolves is beginning to look like a gargantuan mistake. A terrible team and he is looking out of place.

Abramov is thriving though, but he is with Gatineau which is a solid organization.

Old
09-28-2015, 12:43 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Defense was very good, with exception to Lyamkin, some very poor give aways.
-Boikov, Mikulovich, Sharipzyanov - reliable, physical, very efficient/good puck movement. If Provorov is returned for the WJC, Russia will have arguably the best defense unit there.
Okay, so what are the projections at the moment? With Provorov all but guaranteed to be there, it is likely to be a very good blueline.

Sharipzyanov has a broken wrist, which should heal within a month. I think of him as a lock. Sergeev probably a lock as well, with good reviews coming out of the Blues camp. All three are typically LDs, so they might be on different pairings.

Otherwise I expect Dervuk and Boikov to be there due to their respective captaincies. This leaves Mikulovich as another likely candidate due to his physicality and reliable play for the NT.

Other names would include Rykov/Shchukin/Khalikov/Orlov, maybe Sergachev if he is as good as advertised (scored a beauty overtime goal for Windsor recently).

Quote:
Offense Sluggish at best. Guryanov/Svechnikov played along side Svetlakov, all 3 had a difficult time getting anything going. Guryanov had a couple break aways he couldn't finish. Only guy up front I was impressed with was Kuzmenko - he can fly with the puck. He was giving the CDN D headaches and sprained ankles all night.

Anyone know why Nasybullin was not invited?
I hope Guryanov isn't buying into his own hype too much. He scored his first KHL goal just recently, but otherwise has been a mixed bag, showing inconsistent effort. One great tournament does not make him a star. Nevertheless I suppose he is a virtual lock for one of the top lines.

That leaves obviously Svechnikov (great reviews at Wings camp), Dergachev (duh), Kamenev (hearing good things from Preds camp) and the KHL standout Kaprizov. The other scorers to keep in mind I think would be Pilipenko and Kuzmenko. I like both very much. Unless Bragin cares for CHL chemistry, I doubt Lazarev will be on the team. Decent player, but not an explosive skater.

Khairullin, Kraskovsky, Korshkov would be solid two-way players. Fazleev and Afonasevsky also in the mix. Hoping Abramov gets an invite and long look in the Subway series.

Old
09-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Provorov back at juniors is a huge addition for the team. On the other hand, reports show that Kamenev was very good at the camp, which makes me highly doubt that Nashville will let him go, as he should be on top of the call-up list.

Pilipenko started at ppg pace at VHL and, imo, it doesn't leave much options for Lazarev, he should be extremely good at SSS if he wants to make it.

At D, I expect to see some new faces from KHL at the SSS, so there would be a competition for CHL based guys.

Old
09-28-2015, 04:27 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Provorov back at juniors is a huge addition for the team. On the other hand, reports show that Kamenev was very good at the camp, which makes me highly doubt that Nashville will let him go, as he should be on top of the call-up list.

Pilipenko started at ppg pace at VHL and, imo, it doesn't leave much options for Lazarev, he should be extremely good at SSS if he wants to make it.

At D, I expect to see some new faces from KHL at the SSS, so there would be a competition for CHL based guys.
Do you think Nashville views Kamenev as a potential call-up and therefore might opt to keep him?

I remember when the Rangers refused to let Evgeni Grachev go years ago when he was a 19-year old. Always tricky with the AHLers.

Old
09-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Do you think Nashville views Kamenev as a potential call-up and therefore might opt to keep him?

I remember when the Rangers refused to let Evgeni Grachev go years ago when he was a 19-year old. Always tricky with the AHLers.
I agree that it is tricky, and currently I'm not counting on him, for me it's like two years ago, when it wasn't expected that Grigorenko will be at WJC - it will be a pleasant surprise if Kamenev will be there. Anyway, it's not like we're out of centers, there is still Svechnikov, Dergachyov, Kraskovsky, Fazleyev etc.

Old
09-28-2015, 05:55 PM
malkinfan

Where's Kuzmenko, I can't find where he is playing?

Old
09-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Where's Kuzmenko, I can't find where he is playing?
He played in MHL one game couple of days ago, and now, according to KHL website, he is sent to VHL's Zvezda Chekhov, so probably he will appear there soon.

Old
09-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
I agree that it is tricky, and currently I'm not counting on him, for me it's like two years ago, when it wasn't expected that Grigorenko will be at WJC - it will be a pleasant surprise if Kamenev will be there. Anyway, it's not like we're out of centers, there is still Svechnikov, Dergachyov, Kraskovsky, Fazleyev etc.
Would be a dick move by the Preds to not release him.

Old
10-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Eugene85

Quote:
Hoping Abramov gets an invite and long look in the Subway series.
It seems Abramov won't be invited even if he scores hat-trick in every single game in Q. Bragin said earlier that he sees nothing special in guys who arrived to NA, they are not talented enough to make the team while being 2 years younger than the rest of the guys, the team doesn't need them and so on.

Eugene85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene85 View Post
It seems Abramov won't be invited even if he scores hat-trick in every single game in Q. Bragin said earlier that he sees nothing special in guys who arrived to NA, they are not talented enough to make the team while being 2 years younger than the rest of the guys, the team doesn't need them and so on.
We'll see what Bragin does. CHLers always contribute in the Subway series, so there will be an opportunity for a few of them to sway Bragin.

Old
10-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Abramov is small and is two years younger than other guys, somehow I don't think that Bragin is a big fan of that. If I understand correctly, he is playing RW in QMJHL, and also he is definitely not a 4-th line guy, so that means that there are 3 RW places left on the roster; Korshkov has probably reserved one place for himself now, so let's see who is there left for other two RW positions: Guryanov, Pilipenko, Lazarev, possibly Dergachyov (he is not playing C at SKA), Kuzmenko, possibly Kaprizov (he can play both wings) and I kind of doubt he can bring much more value to the table than those guys. Not like I would mind if he proves me wrong though.

Old
10-02-2015, 07:27 PM
cska78

Until we see who goes to the SSS and who goes to 4Nation it's too early to discuss. There's no single coach in Russian NT family as fair as Bragin. I know, there's a lot political pressure on him (regarding CHL guys) and other sorts of pressure (regarding the grandson, who yet again is having a poor year, but u know he will be starting everywhere...)

Old
10-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Raptor1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Until we see who goes to the SSS and who goes to 4Nation it's too early to discuss. There's no single coach in Russian NT family as fair as Bragin. I know, there's a lot political pressure on him (regarding CHL guys) and other sorts of pressure (regarding the grandson, who yet again is having a poor year, but u know he will be starting everywhere...)
Bragin is first coach who understood that the USSR times are passe , he should be in your A team and for most Olympic team.
He would surely bench Kovalchoke, Malkin and even Oveckin if they play in their "solo mode" means lazy skating, poor defense and being completely useless. Don`t mind WC`s those are just pathetic tournaments.

Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Abramov is small and is two years younger than other guys, somehow I don't think that Bragin is a big fan of that.
You make Bragin sound like some kind of idiot.

Old
10-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Fantomas

How do people feel about Dynamo's Artem Volkov?

Old
10-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Atas2000

love the conspiracy theories about Bragin and political pressure

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Yakushev72

In previous years, Bragin has shown a clear preference for players based in Russia over the CHL players. It may be fear of overly individualistic players such as Tolchinsky, who has never passed the puck in his life. He is a great talent, but you can't stickhandle through an entire team at the WJC level, and he may prefer good teamwork as represented by the Mamin line from 2015. .

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote