HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Now Spezza is leading the league in points?!?

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Now Spezza is leading the league in points?!?

Somehow Spezza has got one more point than he did earier in the day for a total of 8. It seems they took a point away from Heatley so he has 6 now though he had 7 last night and earlier today.

And of course I am sure you are all aware of Neil's 2 goal game which became a 0 goal game which became a 1 goal game.

Frankly this is ridiculous. The official scorer can look at tape during the game and see if they need to adjust the scorers. They should do this right after the goal is scored not the next day or a half hour after the game. It is pretty retarded to change the scorers on goals so late and to have it happen so often. Personally I think whatever the scorer has on the books after the 3 stars are announced should be who is awarded the goals or points. Even if they make a mistake the mistake should stand from that point on. It is mental to change goal scorers the next day.

Old
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Fubar

better late than never. I'd prefer they credit the goal to the real goalscorer.

Old
10-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar
better late than never. I'd prefer they credit the goal to the real goalscorer.
So do I, I just think that it is not very hard to do it right during the game. There is no reason to do it the next day.

Old
10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Don Draper

doesnt hurt me much, i have them both in the pool, along with marc savard, horcoff and sakic

Old
10-13-2005, 12:06 AM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
To be fair, some of the goals were hard to get a read on. (Multiple tips in big crowds)

Old
10-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Donny_Brook

A little off topic but.I'm not a big fan of the points system.A goal should not result in an automatic three pts.A point should only be awarded if the player directly contributed to the goal.The standings do not reflect the importance of the points.Alot of the second assists should never be counted.

Old
10-13-2005, 06:59 AM
nneate

Savard and Staal both have 8 points, if Spezza has 8 points then hes among them in the lead for scoring, if he has 7 then he is not leading the league.

Old
10-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
Savard and Staal both have 8 points, if Spezza has 8 points then hes among them in the lead for scoring, if he has 7 then he is not leading the league.
I have all three of those guys in my pool.

Old
10-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Pangu

They should be trying to figure it out right after the goal was scored. Surely they can get some chump to watch the play over and over again until they get it right.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Snap Wilson

They usually do review it right after the goal is scored. I'm sure everyone here has been in the arena when they've announced changes in scoring.

But it's standard practice to review all of the goals scored (when possible to do so) the following day and confirm that the final scoring was correct. They made a change. Nothing new here.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:09 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
But it's standard practice to review all of the goals scored (when possible to do so) the following day and confirm that the final scoring was correct. They made a change. Nothing new here.
The difference is that we Ottawa fans aren't used to the luxury of having goals scored by players in front of the net.

A big to Murray for getting the players to go to the blue paint.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
The difference is that we Ottawa fans aren't used to the luxury of having goals scored by players in front of the net.

A big to Murray for getting the players to go to the blue paint.
This season with the penalties called for virtually anything it is much easier to be in front of the net. That said I believe that Neil would have willingly stood in front of the net on PP no matter how much abuse he had to take in past seasons. Martin tried Phillips and Chara at times in front of the net on the PP. IMO Neil is a better fit than either of them and might have better hands for deflections real close than our two big D-Men. Not criticizing Martin here it isn't surprising he didn't try Neil on the PP. But Kudo's to Murray for trying it. I doubt it will last all season but it is an option at any point if we get in a slump or in the playoffs if the PP isn't effective.

Closed Thread