HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What rebuild? Prucha practices with 1st line and looks to be playing there vs. NJD!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 08:51 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Lundmark is scratched

according to the NY Daily News. So the lines are
Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Straka-Betts-Ward
Niemenen-Moore-Orts

Can't complain about not using the youngsters. We got a rook on each line. Also, according to the Daily News Renney is quoted as saying that Prucha is gonna get a shot at the first line for a few games. This should keep some of the pressure off of him and knowing that the slot on the first line is his to lose for a few games.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:09 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Oh come ON! They're doing exactly what we all want them to do and yet somehow a quarter of the posters are STILL pissed off.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but look, Renney's had 10 games (6 preseason, 4 regular) to dope out his team. He knows what the vets can do and has them all in the first couple of games, playing the most important minutes. Meanwhile, he rotates the kids in to get a feel for all of them. Now, after only 5% of the season has elapsed, he's determined (by watching him in practice as well as games) that he wants to see what Prucha does with a top line opportunity and he's moved a vet down to the third line to make room. How is this NOT a good thing?

Pressure - why would this be any more pressure packed than, say, opening day?

Long/short tryout - why does the fact that he was granted this opportunity now indicate that the tryout will be too short? Why would Renney's leash be any shorter now than it would have been starting with the first game?

And if Prucha gets three games and moves back down the roster because he's overwhelmed with the responsibility... that would be the right thing to do anyway!
Excellent analysis in all respects. Thx for the sanity check.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Good to hear. Now give him a full games worth of action. No demotion to the third of fourth line if he makes a mistake two shifts in.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Nich

i don't get why most of you guys are complaining. i mean we are only 4 games in, and half of you are using the phrase "we should have done that at the start of the season."

just relax, take a deep breath, hope they trade poti and lundmark for some young prospects and move on.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Fletch

Sorry about complaining...

I still don't understand the midset. Typically when you're rebuilding you play a 22 year old for 10 games or so and if he looks like he's not going to get it going, he goes off to Hartford and someone replaces him. This seems to be the opposite and I'm just scratching my head as to why Prucha had to wait around for this. If the Rangers played well at even strength, Prucha wouldn't likely be considered - that too is troubling. But now, all of the sudden, he's shown the staff something and is on a top line. I don't get it. I'm happy and whlie it's still early in the season, I do question their mindset and wonder what took them so long. And I hope it isn't short-lived. I think Renney's trying to juggle winning with developing and decided that he wasn't winning, and peraps developing may help him at that. We'll see. I've been wanting to see Prucha with Jags from day 1. Let's hope he didn't disappoint (of course I have his excuses already - not enough practice and he's coming off the flu a couple days ago, that, couple with the lights were in his eyes).

Old
10-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
according to the NY Daily News. So the lines are
Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Straka-Betts-Ward
Niemenen-Moore-Orts

Can't complain about not using the youngsters. We got a rook on each line. Also, according to the Daily News Renney is quoted as saying that Prucha is gonna get a shot at the first line for a few games. This should keep some of the pressure off of him and knowing that the slot on the first line is his to lose for a few games.
Jesus all mighty this will be fun! And a little bit nervous.

Its a big step for Prucha. I think its bigger then some might realize. He played lower line minutes for Pradubice and often more limited roles for the Czech national team. Its a big test for him. In the light of this it seems almost crazy to put Prucha on the 1st line.

But we have all seen how well he have played in the preseason. He have been able to create offense on a regular basis, he have been responible defensivly(made some misstakes but "he was there") and he works hard along the boards. He also a righty.

What I am a little bit nervous for is that he will show to much respect playing with Jagr. Prucha have played regular shifts in one game with Jagr before and I saw that game. Petr didn't have a good game, he looked to feed Jagr to much instead of just playing his game. But that was on the big international ice surface where there are much more time and room. The NHL is more caos. I think it will work, there isn't any time for Prucha to think. He must play his game!

I am gonna squess my thumbs all night!!!

Old
10-13-2005, 09:52 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Oh come ON! They're doing exactly what we all want them to do and yet somehow a quarter of the posters are STILL pissed off.

Good point Bklyn. Let's all take a sip of Captain [Morgan] and see what happens.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Straka-Betts-Ward
Niemenen-Moore-Orts
Good lines. I like it. Spread the vets out over the lineup. Only nitpick would be to swap Ruckinsky and Staka.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Good to hear. Now give him a full games worth of action. No demotion to the third of fourth line if he makes a mistake two shifts in.
Right on I just posted this on another post. If this only lasts a few shifts we will know that this is the same old ranger philosophy!

Old
10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Good lines. I like it. Spread the vets out over the lineup. Only nitpick would be to swap Ruckinsky and Staka.
Me too, I wanna see how those lines work out. As to the 2nd line, watching them this season I'd say the weak link is Rucchin. How about swapping out Rucchin for Straka.
Rucinsky-Straka-Hossa

Of course that would then mean that you'd probably have to sit Moore or move him to the wing which isn't the best thing for his development. Anyway lets see how this works.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Me too, I wanna see how those lines work out. As to the 2nd line, watching them this season I'd say the weak link is Rucchin. How about swapping out Rucchin for Straka.
Rucinsky-Straka-Hossa

Of course that would then mean that you'd probably have to sit Moore or move him to the wing which isn't the best thing for his development. Anyway lets see how this works.

Yeah, that's a good thought. I think there has been a modicum of chemistry between Straka and Hossa. I'd keep them together.

Maybe move Rucchin to the fourth line and move Moore to 3rd line LW.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:51 AM
otto1219

thank god, ruchinsky cant bury the puck for his life

Old
10-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Fletch

This may be a move...

to get Rucchin going a bit at even strength too. While he has a couple assists, he hasn't really looked that good. Rucinsky's been one of this team's better forwards at even strength (I'm not looking at stats, and can't even tell you what they are - I'm just talking about working and being effective). I'm sure Rucinsky will click with Hossa, and Rucinsky's style is better suited for the down-low game that Rucchin needs to get going to be successful. Let's see. I actually think Straka/Rucinsky-Immonen-Hossa could be pretty exciting, but that ain't happening any time soon.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Levitate

i think rucinsky can bury the puck pretty well from right in front of the net, but he's not good with angles and tip ins and stuff...i seem to remember him missing a lot of those chances where someone passes him the puck across the goal mouth and he shoots it wide when it should be a tap in

but man he can fly and always seems to be working hard for the rangers...

Old
10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Now I guess we are gonna see the top two lines look like this...

Prucha - Nylander - Jagr
Ruca - Straka - Hossa

What? Two (Prucha, Hossa) young players on the top lines? Where are all those people who thought our first two lines would consist of only over 30 year old players?

If the young guys show they belong, they'll get their prime minutes. I have no problem with Prucha going from bench player to first line. I'm sure it was explained to him that management wanted to look at other players like Hollweg, Lundmark, etc before making a roster move. I find it interesting that Renney is experimenting with rookies against the Devils. Last game Lundqvist started against them, now Prucha will be playing on the first line.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Levitate

they're busy complaining it didn't happen earlier in the season

Old
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Larry Melnyk

I think it's great that Prucha is being given a shot on the top lines...A smart move by Renney and hope Prucha EARNS more time with this golden opportunity..Things fall right, the kid could become a garden favorite in no time......And It's part of the reason why we didn't need to sign ALL of Rucinsky, Straka, and Rucchin...(well, there was the appeasing Jagr part)...But that's bridge under water....

On the flip side, with Niemenin moved to the low-ice time 4th line, not only do we have a FA vet on the 4th line where energy kids are more suited, but going into this game we have perhaps the softest set of top 3 lines in the league...

Renney giveth and Renney taketh away...Just my opinion...

Old
10-13-2005, 11:08 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Yes complaining that the NYR staff is messing with this kids head. Praising his play, benching him, another good game, another benching, now first line..jeeze the amount of pressure he has on himself now is enormous...I guess if he doesnt net a goal he can look forward to another benching? Putting him on the first line is great..but this should have been done in preseason or at the start of the season before they decided to bench him over players like Lundmark.
Who's to say Renney didn't tell Prucha that he likes his play and told he might have to sit before he gets his chance to shine? I like how people just assume that the coach doesn't relay his information to the players. Like the players only read what happens through the players.

This is exactly what I expect Renney to do.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Davisian

The bad news is Hollweg being sent down.

Yes, I know, it was a waiver issue and Lundmark could not be sent down, but in that case, trade him for whatever they can get.

Giroux or Wiseman can play that role just as well, likely better.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
The bad news is Hollweg being sent down.

Yes, I know, it was a waiver issue and Lundmark could not be sent down, but in that case, trade him for whatever they can get.

Giroux or Wiseman can play that role just as well, likely better.
cuz, you know, it's easy to turn a decent trade at the drop of a hat

Old
10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Fletch

Yeah, I am complaining...

since I cannot understand why Prucha didn't get a look on the top two lines in preseason. I don't subscribe to the everything is OK because we're only four regular season and six preseason games in. I like to understand the thought process here. I'm happy that he's getting a chance, ecstatic and nervous, but can't understand why this wasn't tried in preseason to get a feel early on - since that's what preseason's for, or at least I thought it was. Sure - say get over it - but I look to the future based on past decisions.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Fletch

At this point...

I don't think it's a drop of a hat in trading Lundmark. I'm assuming Sather's put feelers out there at least once in the past several years and has a pretty good idea where there's interest, which is just a phone call away.

This team may not be getting much for Lundmark, and as Davisian mentioned, he said get whatever you can, so the argument is more do you get whatever you can, or do you look for the right deal - which may not be there and how long do you spend on looking for a return on Lundmark, or do you look to expand the deal and make him a piece, or do you hold on and give him another chance, or two, or three.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
since I cannot understand why Prucha didn't get a look on the top two lines in preseason. I don't subscribe to the everything is OK because we're only four regular season and six preseason games in. I like to understand the thought process here. I'm happy that he's getting a chance, ecstatic and nervous, but can't understand why this wasn't tried in preseason to get a feel early on - since that's what preseason's for, or at least I thought it was. Sure - say get over it - but I look to the future based on past decisions.

Good post, Fletch.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:39 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Calm down

Old
10-13-2005, 11:40 AM
in the hall