HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 10/13/05 Detroit vs L.A. Kings

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 11:27 PM
one-timer

vCash: 500
Shorthanded goal!!!! Kirk Maltby!!!!

Nice play! He and Drapes made a great play with Drapes harassing Corvo into a horrible cross ice pass that Malts intercepted and broke in for an uncontested goal.

Aw geez...now we're down two men...

Old
10-13-2005, 11:29 PM
one-timer

Phew...great 5 on 3 kill

Old
10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter
Dear REdWings Fan,

Avery just scored.
Dear Hatter,

Fez was a troll...not a Wings fan.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:43 PM
one-timer

Chelios is playing a really solid game tonight. Very impressed with his work.

Great...as soon as I type this, LA scores the tying goal.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Higgy4

Franzenstien!!!

Pick that puck up!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:44 PM
one-timer

WOOOOOO! Nice shot by Franzen! Up high glove side. Wings back up just like that!

Samuelsson with the assist...point streak continues!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:49 PM
one-timer

I'm a little bit shocked by Schneider losing it like that. He totally lost his cool there. Need to kill this penalty off....

Old
10-13-2005, 11:49 PM
one-timer

Empty net...

Old
10-13-2005, 11:51 PM
one-timer

WOOOOO 4-2!!! Zetterberg empty net goal!!

Maltby got a great shot in on Avery!!! He just dropped him!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Higgy4

I have always liked Sean Avery. But I also appreciate the nice left hook Maltby just laid on him.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
one-timer

Fischer with another empty net goal!!!! 5-2!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
xirus

fischer yes! empty net!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
I looooooove the west coast games. I dont get off work until around 10pm during the week, so its gonna be nice to come home, crack open a brew and turn on the Wings.

I love the line combos now that Stevie is back. Franzen/Samuelsson/Cleary is a pretty damn good 4th line in the new NHL. Yzerman had great chemistry with Maltby and Draper last year. Shanny/Lang/Williams was great in the preseason, and the Datsyuk/Zetts/Homer line should tear it up! I like it.

Wings 5-2

Yzerman (GWG), Homer (2), Lidstrom, Franzen for the Wings

Frolov with 2 for LA.
Well...I got the score right, and I predicted Franzens 1st goal.

I am the smartest man in the world!!!!

Old
10-13-2005, 11:54 PM
one-timer

Quote:
I have always liked Sean Avery. But I also appreciate the nice left hook Maltby just laid on him.
Yeah...that was pretty good, eh? Avery never saw it coming.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
one-timer

Quote:
Well...I got the score right, and I predicted Franzens 1st goal.

I am the smartest man in the world!!!!

They're interviewing Franzen now and replaying the goal. Very nicely placed shot over Garon's shoulder.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:02 AM
xirus

what were the defensive pairings tonight?

Old
10-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Hendo2k

Send a message via ICQ to Hendo2k Send a message via AIM to Hendo2k Send a message via Yahoo to Hendo2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter
Dear REdWings Fan,

Avery just scored.
dear King fan he just got knocked the *F* out by Maltby of all people.

oh ya Wings won 5-2 cya

Old
10-14-2005, 12:04 AM
interminded

Congratulations to Higgy4, Shoalzie and Zetterberg40 !

Great predictions !

Old
10-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
some quick thoughts...

Zetterberg continues to impress. A strong game, capped off with the empty netter.

the wings are lacking a top-6 forward. Holmstr/Williams/whoever has filled the space well, hustle like mad and work their butts off, but you can tell they are just lacking a bit in their games. Maybe one of them will grow into it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wings go shopping at the trade deadline.

Yzerman was Yzerman. A good game by the captain.

Avery deserved what he got and then some. Trying to stir up **** after a goal with under a minute left is bush league. My only wish is that it was someone with a bit more weight behind his glove throwing that punch.

Legace is just not adept at taking on breakaways. He's great during a scramble and usually stands a chance on damn near anything evolving within the zone, but I think his size (and the extra room it may provide uptop) becomes a major problem on breakaways. It just seems like the majority of his goals have come against players coming in alone and going up top.

Dustin Brown is going to get crippled at some point. It doesn't sound nice but, the way he plays, enough players will take his number and someone will take advantage of a situation sooner or later and drive him into the boards.

Fischer is still growing into his game. I didn't mind the first penalty because at least he was hitting someone and being aggressive. The second penalty was just bad (though it did lead to a goal for us). Also, I noticed him lead with his arm up a couple of times. Fisch appears to be developing quite the nasty streak.

Was it just me, or did the game look a bit...ugly tonight? I thought I saw a lot more junk going on tonight that was a penalty a week ago.

All in all, a good start to the road trip and a good way for the Wings to get back on track. Still not overly impressive at even strength, but they're winning and that's what counts.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:07 AM
one-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirus

Looked mostly like:

Lidstrom-Lilja
Schneider-Fischer
Chelios-Woolley

Old
10-14-2005, 12:08 AM
8snake

Good win for Detroit tonight. Especially considering IMO they played worse tonight than they did against Vancouver. Manny played well, and the PK stepped up big time all night....but even strength the Kings carried the last two periods. Wings didnt generate much offense, and were really bad on the forecheck. Finally, is there any doubt Chelios is beyond done? I'm tired of seeing guys beat this guy wide night after night. I'll never question his grit, but it's obvious he is two or three steps behind the play. But, enough negativity....solid win, and hopefully a better all around effort against the 'Yotes Saturday night.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirus
The pairings I remember the most are:

Lidstrom-Lilja
Lidstrom-Chelios
Fischer-Schneider
Woolley-Chelios

Old
10-14-2005, 12:13 AM
one-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
some quick thoughts...

Zetterberg continues to impress. A strong game, capped off with the empty netter.

the wings are lacking a top-6 forward. Holmstr/Williams/whoever has filled the space well, hustle like mad and work their butts off, but you can tell they are just lacking a bit in their games. Maybe one of them will grow into it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wings go shopping at the trade deadline.

Yzerman was Yzerman. A good game by the captain.

Avery deserved what he got and then some. Trying to stir up **** after a goal with under a minute left is bush league. My only wish is that it was someone with a bit more weight behind his glove throwing that punch.

Legace is just not adept at taking on breakaways. He's great during a scramble and usually stands a chance on damn near anything evolving within the zone, but I think his size (and the extra room it may provide uptop) becomes a major problem on breakaways. It just seems like the majority of his goals have come against players coming in alone and going up top.

Dustin Brown is going to get crippled at some point. It doesn't sound nice but, the way he plays, enough players will take his number and someone will take advantage of a situation sooner or later and drive him into the boards.

Fischer is still growing into his game. I didn't mind the first penalty because at least he was hitting someone and being aggressive. The second penalty was just bad (though it did lead to a goal for us). Also, I noticed him lead with his arm up a couple of times. Fisch appears to be developing quite the nasty streak.

Was it just me, or did the game look a bit...ugly tonight? I thought I saw a lot more junk going on tonight that was a penalty a week ago.

All in all, a good start to the road trip and a good way for the Wings to get back on track. Still not overly impressive at even strength, but they're winning and that's what counts.
We went 0 for on the power play again...two straight games of that is concerning.

I'm hoping to see Fischer continue to develop that nasty streak. He was bringing it for a while, but then kind of regressed. If Fischer can become a "fearsome" D just in time for Kronwall to come back, we could be looking at something special.

It's not just you. That game did look pretty ugly.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Higgy4

Woolley played almost exclusively on the PP. He didnt get much even strength time at all.

Chelios was bad.

I have never seen Nick get hammered the way he did tonight by Brown(I think it was Brown).

That being said, I love the way Dustin Brown plays the game. High energy with skill. He is only 20, and he should be a keeper for LA for a long time.

The Wings werent at thier best, but they were able to pull it out. The only real concern I have after tonights game is Chelios. He looked about 3 steps behind all night long.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:42 AM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-timer
Yeah...that was pretty good, eh? Avery never saw it coming.
Well, usually you don't see sucker punches coming. Maltby's as much of a puss as Avery, but I'm just stating the obvious. Zetterberg's taunting of the turtling Avery wasn't very professional either.

Good game, boys. Nice to see that the new rules, new head coach, and some new faces haven't hurt your tremendous positioning and transition game.

I'd say we'll get you next time, but you've got quite the streak going. Luckily we will only see you three more times this year.

Closed Thread