HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Erat

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Martin Erat

I drafted him because of his ability and the fact that he was playing with Kariya and Legwand. He hasn't produced this year, despite the Preds record. Has he just struggled offensively or what's wrong with him?

In the few games I've been able to watch of the Preds he hasn't looked too great.

Old
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I drafted him because of his ability and the fact that he was playing with Kariya and Legwand. He hasn't produced this year, despite the Preds record. Has he just struggled offensively or what's wrong with him?

In the few games I've been able to watch of the Preds he hasn't looked too great.
how would you respond if you were switched from the position you've played all your life? ... he has to learn a whole new position on RW ... that's why he was demoted on lines ... same thing with Ottawa & Havlat

Old
10-22-2005, 03:11 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:

First, he was moved to RW to fit on the #1 line. He didn't look comfortable there.

Second, I think Marty was somewhat "lost" on that line. Not really understanding what his role was and where he fit in. Conversly, he was on our 4th line Thursday and had a wonderful game. He was back on the left and knew that he was responsible for being magical with the puck and getting it to the front of the net with Hordi and Nichol creating traffic.

Tonight should see the 4th line with Gamache, Nichol, Erat. This line could create some fireworks as a 4th line against a less physical team. We should see a little more even ice time across the board and role four lines to tire San Jose out.

Old
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
how would you respond if you were switched from the position you've played all your life? ... he has to learn a whole new position on RW ... that's why he was demoted on lines ... same thing with Ottawa & Havlat
Oh, OK. I didn't know he switched positions.

Old
10-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Oh, OK. I didn't know he switched positions.
its ok ... have a good day

Old
10-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:

He looked great on Thursday. I think the demotion lit a fire under his butt. He will score some points.......just wait.

10-23-2005, 11:19 PM
HF-Addict

If you had to choose between Erat and Arnason, which one would you take?

Old
10-23-2005, 11:22 PM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
That's kinda hard...I think Erat may have more offensive explosiveness in the future though.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:42 PM
burgess1978

Who is playing on the RW with Kariya and Legwand now?

Hall? Hartnell?

I'm assuming that Sullivan-Perrault-Walker are still together.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:52 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978
Who is playing on the RW with Kariya and Legwand now?

Hall? Hartnell?

I'm assuming that Sullivan-Perrault-Walker are still together.

1) Hartnell

2) Correct

Old
10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
C-J Carlson

Didn't Greg Johnson and Yanic Perreault switch lines a bit during the last game (against San Jose)? I know I heard Perreault centering Jeremy Stevenson and Adam Hall at one point.

Anyhoo...

Old
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
arnason all the way

Old
10-24-2005, 02:20 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
It depends, right now as the Preds, I would love to have Arnason. He's two and a half years older and is a center. For the future, it's hard. Positional concerns aside, I'd go with Erat hands down. But the Preds need centers badly, so Arnason might be the more sensible option.

I wouldn't look too much into his slow start. A lot of it has to do with two things: Linemates and PP ice time.

His linemates just aren't a natural fit as of right now. Erat is above all, a playmaker. And his linemates are Legwand (also a playmaker) and Kariya (a sniper). Unfortunately, neither Legwand nor Kariya have been particularly accurate with their shooting to this point in the season. The same goes with Legwand. So you have three guys who love to pass, but none of them can score. Not always an effective line combination. And while they might be the fastest line in the NHL, none has the size (or game) to play rough and get their nose dirty.

He's also not getting a lot of power play time or ES ice time. He's mired on the second unit PP and, up until a few games ago, Trotz was giving the first unit a ton of time because of their success. And he's not getting a ton of ES ice time either.

There all things he should, with his talent level, be able to overcome. But for some reason or another, he's just gotten off to a slow start. I wouldn't worry too much about it as I think he'll pick it up here soon (his play has improved greatly despite being mired on the bottom lines).

Old
10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
C-J Carlson

I like Martin Erat on the fourth line with Scott Nichol and Darcy Hordichuk/Simon Gamache. And I really like Jeremy Stevenson on the third line with Greg Johnson and Adam Hall. And I love Scott Hartnell on the first line with Paul Kariya and David Legwand. Did anyone notice Barry Trotz switching Johnson and Perreault at one point during the San Jose game. You had Perreault centering Stevenson and Hall, and Johnson centering Steve Sullivan and Scott Walker. I'd like to see those lines tried out a bit more.

Anyhoo...

Old
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Pred303

perreault never centered hall and stevenson for more than 20 seconds..look at the shift chart,no overlap between perrault and the two hardly at all.. there were two instances where we were coming off a pp and perreault had been out with hall at the tail end of the pp and there was a brief overlap... but no way would trotz want stevenson-perreault-hall out together under normal circumstances..you're basically talking about taking our three slowest guys by far.. and putting them all three on the same line.. couldn't be anything but a disaster defensively

i'm all for moving erat up to the third line with johnson-hall to give that line some badly needed speed...but i know why trotz hasn't done it yet, is because he's not convinced of erat's ability to play defense on what he thinks of as his prime checking line.. erat has to demonstrate that here

erat is not the prototypical playmaker in my mind, not in the classic sense of the word for sure...he does make things happen, but it's more often by creating rebounds off shots though and not normally great tape to tape passes.. face it,erat likes to control the puck.. he was the one trotz was critisizing after the game for skating into doubleteams when it wasn't there and giving up rushes the other way as a result...erat is pressing far too much right now and not letting the game come to him, reminds me of season before last honestly.. he needs a couple of cheap goals that will let him relax and be patient with his game...

it happens to all young players when they come out of the gate struggling to score points and don't thru the first 5-10 games...they tend to panic... settle down guy,it'll happen if you do

Old
10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
... settle down guy,it'll happen if you do

Thanks coach, I will.

Old
10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Thanks coach, I will.
now get out there and skate you flipping slacker

Old
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 10000
it seems lately, you never know who Trotz is going to throw on any line.

Old
10-25-2005, 11:45 AM
C-J Carlson

Jeremy Stevenson's on the third line to provide scoring. Seriously! Given the opportunity, he could provide much needed extra goals for the team. (Every goal helps.) Stevenson scored five goals last season. I think he's good for ten.

Anyhoo...

Old
10-25-2005, 09:49 PM
komisakick ass

2 pts for him tonight

Closed Thread