HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What does San Jose have that we want and can realistically get?

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
What does San Jose have that we want and can realistically get?

There's been some talk of moving Poti and/or Lundmark to San Jose. What does San Jose have that we want and can realistically get? San Jose has some top end prospects and young players that we have no chance of getting with that package. They also have some mid-tier prospects, but we already have a whole lot of that.

I'm not terribly familiar with the players on their roster, but I saw a forward named Clowe who has 7 minutes of penalties this year so far, which means FIGHT! He doesn't SEEM like a big-time guy, so his value probably isn't out of range, and he seems like he might be the KIND of player we're lacking right now with our soft as butter team.

How about it? If not him, what? Just draft picks? I could deal with that if push came to shove.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Nich

hopefully kaspar???

so when kip comes on over, they will hopefully pick up where they left off?

Old
10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
bobomironov

doug murray

Old
10-13-2005, 10:51 AM
DarthSather99

How about draft picks? It will open spots on the roster by trading away players. There is little room for other prospcts at Hartford now, so a few high draft picks would be nice.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Nils Ekman.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
in the hall

where has this talk come from? first i hear of it unless this is that code stuff

SJ is a good team, im sure they have a lot we want/can use specially for a scrub like poti

Old
10-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Scott Parker would be a nice start

Old
10-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Larry Melnyk

I'm not sure about SJ, but one team that is rumored to be intersted in Poti (maybe Lundy thrown in) is Vancouver..And it makes sense. they have 3 D-men (Jovo, Salo, Ohlund) playing 25-30 mins a physical 4th (Allen--whpo I would love on the Rangers) and McCarthy and Baumgartner who they don't seem to be too entralled with.....Poti could be a fit...Look, I'm not Poti fan, but he does have some fans around the league...

And the natural trade with Vancouver is Poti for jarko Rutuu..Gotta keep up the trend of aquiring the less talented brother...!.. But seriosuly if they did want him (which is a big IF), not sure what Vancouver could send back for Poti or a poti-Lundmark-?? package...Just rambling...

Old
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Choice

I'm pretty familiar with San Jose's organization. They're not giving uo Clowe for Poti. Right now I'm thinking Fahey might be the best we could hope for.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
drewcon40

Why not just a draft pick? We need to clear some roster spots.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:56 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Nils Ekman.
Only if you take Wiseman, and this guy Kyle Friedrich. He is 6'7''. he does get alot of headaches though...

Old
10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
I'm pretty familiar with San Jose's organization. They're not giving uo Clowe for Poti. Right now I'm thinking Fahey might be the best we could hope for.

How about Davison and Dimatrakos for Poti? We can use some grit, especially on D.

Old
10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
How about Davison and Dimatrakos for Poti? We can use some grit, especially on D.
Don't see why they would part with Dimitrakos.

Old
10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
San Jose has built a squad that they want to take to the Stanley Cup finals. Even if you give them roster players, they won't want to trade any of their current roster back. I would say the type of players they look to trade now are prospects that would take a year or two, or more, to make it to the bigs.

Poti, by the way, looked good given the green light to jump into the play the other day. If that was an audition, even though he didn't score, he was showing off some of his offensive flair. Let's hope teams didn't watch him in his own end (one can dream).

Old
10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
JerseyRangers

How about Poti-Lundmark for either Kaspar or Hennessy. Also, don't know much about Doug Murray other than the fact that he's pretty big. Anyone have any additional info on him? Would a Poti-Lundmark for Murray deal make sense?

Old
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Rodent

I'd ask for Jeff Fr....

Nowait!

Owen No....

ummmm

I think it's time for my medicine.

Old
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
xander

to tell you the truth I'd be happy with getting a 5th round pick to replace the one we sent to vancouver.

Old
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
San Jose is in win-now mode. They only need to fine-tune their roster, so I can't see them taking a suspect like Lundmark. If they're interested in anyone, they're interested in Poti, but it's also possible we'll have to take back some salary in order to make this work. I just don't know San Jose's cap position or who they are really counting on among their players.

Remember, in years where we were trying to make cup runs, we traded away some roster players to get back other roster players.

I think what we need to do (but not necessarily with THIS trade) is this:

1) Cut down on our veteran roster by trading away players like Poti, and eventually Rucinsky or Straka etc.
2) Acquired at least one person who can play every day and who brings some toughness.

I don't think it helps us at this point to acquire AHLers. We have a million of those, and even had to decline to sign some people to avoid having more. I think, then, we're looking at acquiring draft picks or people who were drafted just this past year.

With this in mind, I think a trade of Poti for Davison and a 4th round pick is more than fair. If they want to dump a salary guy on us to avoid cap problems (so long as it's just a one-year contract), that's fine with me too.

Old
10-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I'm not sure about SJ, but one team that is rumored to be intersted in Poti (maybe Lundy thrown in) is Vancouver..And it makes sense. they have 3 D-men (Jovo, Salo, Ohlund) playing 25-30 mins a physical 4th (Allen--whpo I would love on the Rangers) and McCarthy and Baumgartner who they don't seem to be too entralled with.....Poti could be a fit...Look, I'm not Poti fan, but he does have some fans around the league...

And the natural trade with Vancouver is Poti for jarko Rutuu..Gotta keep up the trend of aquiring the less talented brother...!.. But seriosuly if they did want him (which is a big IF), not sure what Vancouver could send back for Poti or a poti-Lundmark-?? package...Just rambling...
No it doesn't because Vancouver is at like 38 Mil

Old
10-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Ola

If its comming from Code we might as well discuss what we could get from any of the other 28 teams in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Regarding the accuracy of Code, this was posted there a few days ago:

"Islanders working on extension with Mark Parrish.

The New York Islanders and Mark Parrish are working on an extension. They could be done very soon."

Problem with this? The CBA forbids contract talks until after Jan. And, the Isles specifically gave Parrish a one-year deal because they plan to let him test UFA waters.

This Code fellow, despite his rep on the interent, is not only completely full of BS, he doesn't have the slightest clue about what might or might not go down.

Old
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Matt Carle!

Old
10-13-2005, 05:51 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
If its comming from Code we might as well discuss what we could get from any of the other 28 teams in the league.

as I posted in another thread...he had Thorton, Richards, Kovaluchuk AND Boynton coming here ...all have NOT ....and people keep believing him ...

Rangers rumor = ANY disgruntled top player coming here. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
chiefshockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Nils Ekman.
haha nils ekman.

how about he get milan michalek

Old
10-13-2005, 10:04 PM
jaywills1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshockey23
haha nils ekman.

Michalek= GREAT idea. that kids gonna be a good player

Old
10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshockey23
haha nils ekman.

For jagr maybe, don't think poti is gonna fetch him.

Closed Thread