HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Nashville @ Phoenix (Game 4) 9:00 CST

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Nashville @ Phoenix (Game 4) 9:00 CST

well... the first back to back set... do we see Mason?.. or does Vokoun ironman it?... i believe we have a total of 15 back to back games this season,which coincidently should be about the number of starts you would think trotz would want to get Mason

Phoenix (1-3-0) so far has struggled. Joseph remains on the injured list, David LeNevue will start in net (0-2,3.08 gaa). Morris questionable. Ricci(nose),Nedved(groin) injured but probable.

Allison(groin), Nichol(rib) are doubtful again..

When did this happen with Nichol anyway?

Means we'll see more line chaos tonight. Expect Hordichuk,Gamache,Stevenson to be the 4th line...but expect the 3 of them to be fit in everywhere and not played together as one line all night.

Fully expect a very tough game from Phoenix here. Comrie normally gives us fits whereever he is. But,just for laughs, take a look at the Western Conference standings this morning. Might be worth printing yourself a copy of this.

Old
10-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Pred303

i know i should put the date of the game in the GDT, but to be honest, i didn't want to change anything about the format because of the way it's gone these first 3.. ... not that i'm superstitious or anything

Old
10-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Pred303

just a few fun stats after last night's game;

..jumped up to 9th in scoring per game(3.33)
..we're also 9th in goals allowed per game(2.67)
..our pp% jumps all the way to 4th best(25%)
..our pk stays the only one in the league that has not allowed a goal(0 for 16 now)
..we now are leading the league in faceoff % by a wide margin(60.5% to the 2nd place 55.8%)
..greg johnson now leads the league in faceoff %(68%)
..perreault is 2nd(67.4%)
..scott walker would actually lead the league if he had 5 more faceoffs to qualify(70%)
..we're scored 10 official goals..1 in the first,3 in the second,6 in the third
..sullivan has had a hand in 6 of the 10(1g/5a)

Old
10-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Douggy

Wow that penalty kill is a machine. Now shots allowed against Colorado and no goals allowed in three games this season?!

Old
10-13-2005, 09:59 AM
richardn

I have a question for you guys. I am seriously contimplating taking Kariya in my hockey pool. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how he looks this year and what linemates he is playing with. He must be playing on the first line no .

Old
10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I have a question for you guys. I am seriously contimplating taking Kariya in my hockey pool. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how he looks this year and what linemates he is playing with. He must be playing on the first line no .

pretty damn good. 2 goals, 2 assists in 3 games, not to mention a shootout winner. playing on the first line with Legwand and Erat and on the first PP unit.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Garbs

What are the odds that Mason is starting the game? I've got 3 goaltenders playing tonight, and am forced to bench one. I'd hate to sit Vokoun, and then see him play.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
pretty damn good. 2 goals, 2 assists in 3 games, not to mention a shootout winner. playing on the first line with Legwand and Erat and on the first PP unit.
Sounds pretty good. I was planning on taking Ryan Smyth but I am a little worried about his current health. I think Kariya could be a big surprise this year and could very easily blow his group away, if he stays healthy. With his speed and finesse he should flurish in the new NHL.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:12 PM
PredDave

Don't forget about Steve Sullivan as well. He's doing great in the new NHL, and should be great in any hockey pool.....

Old
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sullivan has been our MVP so far, IMHO.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Game is on HDnet tonight, can't wait to see the Preds in High Def

Old
10-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
How's Markov been playing so far?

Old
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Not very good IMO, he looks a bit out of place many times and it could be because of the new rules and whatnot. However he does have a booming shot, so I'm hoping he'll come around.

Old
10-13-2005, 01:36 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Will Vokoun rest against the weak Yotes?

Please?

LeNeveu is no slouch, dont get your hopes up by his numbers. He is a stud young goalie that OLN commentators were apparently going gaga over. He is Phoenix's future in net, and without the injuries he probably wouldnt have had his chance. The only problem he has is going down a little too early, and with the guys the Predators have, that could be a serious problem.

And Id expect given the momentum the Preds have after that huge win over Colorado, the Yotes are going to get bowled over.

Old
10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth

I am still waiting to see this "warrior" that I have heard so much about.

The closest thing I have seen so far is when he was involved in a scrum at the end of the Ducks game in the crease, but couldn't see exactly what happened because it was at the other end of the ice and my damn Tivo shut off too soon..

Still have an open mind at this point about him.....

Old
10-13-2005, 01:56 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave
Don't forget about Steve Sullivan as well. He's doing great in the new NHL, and should be great in any hockey pool.....
Yes, Sullivan is good but I went with Marrian Hossa and Marc Savard from Sullivan's catagory. Not to say Sullivan is not in the same league as these guys. Fact I think Sullivan is better then Savard. But that Hossa - Savard - Kovalchuk line is going to be the highest scoring line in the league. Oh ya I got Kovalchuk as my group 1 player along with Forsberg.

Old
10-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
Will Vokoun rest against the weak Yotes?
I think resting Vokoun would have more to do with back to back games on the road than the team we are playing

Old
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
The Post Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
I think resting Vokoun would have more to do with back to back games on the road than the team we are playing

Any official word on who will get the start tonight? I've got big money on the Preds and I'd love to see Vokoun get the start.

Old
10-13-2005, 03:21 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I still say Vokoun. This will only be the 4th game in 8 days, he's still fresh enough.

Old
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Osprey

I find it a little funny that the Pens (who added Palffy, Leclair, Recchi, Gonchar and Crosby) are still looking for their first win while the Preds (who added only Kariya) are looking to avoid their first loss. Which will occur first? Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Pens go 0-82 and the Preds go 82-0 . Here's to a win tonight.

Old
10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I find it a little funny that the Pens (who added Palffy, Leclair, Recchi, Gonchar and Crosby) are still looking for their first win while the Preds (who added only Kariya) are looking to avoid their first loss. Which will occur first? Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Pens go 0-82 and the Preds go 82-0 . Here's to a win tonight.
It makes sense though. We only added a few cogs to the wheel (Kariya, Markov, Perreault) but for the most part have maintained the core of the team. I'm sure the Pens will come around once they start to gel. That said, I can't wait to see how the Preds do once they gel

Old
10-13-2005, 04:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

RE: Markov

I don't think he's been as bad as some people do. I think he's in an adjustment period, and while I"ve seen him make some bad plays, I've also seen him make some pretty good ones. He's been especially good on the PK, I thought...and I think in time he'll be fine.

The only defenseman that I'm concerned about, at the moment, is Mark Eaton. Suter and Hamhuis have been getting better and better every game.

Old
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
It makes sense though. We only added a few cogs to the wheel (Kariya, Markov, Perreault) but for the most part have maintained the core of the team. I'm sure the Pens will come around once they start to gel. That said, I can't wait to see how the Preds do once they gel

It's the same story with the Blackhawks. You can't expect to put together a whole new team and be win. Chemistry in hockey is huge. These teams might start to gel eventually, but will it be too late?

Old
10-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Radulov for Czar*

here's to a big game from erat!

Old
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
It's the same story with the Blackhawks. You can't expect to put together a whole new team and be win. Chemistry in hockey is huge. These teams might start to gel eventually, but will it be too late?
i honestly hope so

Closed Thread