HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 02:39 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Comrie

[rant]
OK I'd just like to say to those who are getting pissed off at comrie or disowning comrie to just calm down.

OK The situation ain't pretty, but remember Brownlee hasn't helped by putting tons of spin on the story plus the fact that almost 90% of stuff thats been reportedly said has been either supposedly, allegedly or speculation. Last time i checked the english dictionary that didnt mean FACT.

So can we put our hormones in check until the **** hits the fan and stop getting worked up and agitated on only rumours because if Comrie does sign you will all be upset with him due to the mass media spin over the situation and you'll be booing him out of town. As of now its only speculation to why he hasn't signed so don't follow the rumours religiously, someone here said blind faith in the organisation, i'm just seeing blind faith in rumours right now.
[/rant]

Old
10-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Slats432

Why is everyone ignoring media reports as blind faith and speculation.

Gene Principe: Mike Comrie do you want to remain an Oiler?

Mike: Um uh well uh y'know, I am working out to just get back to the NHL as soon as possible.

It isn't spin.

Kevin Lowe is quoted as saying "Well if a player asks for a trade, then I am in a no-lose situation.

Brownlee=speculation....everything else points to asking for a trade and the expectation that Mike Comrie will be traded.

There are also many who want to ignore what these things are pointing too because they want Mike to re-sign so bad. Can't blame people for that, but in effect their rose coloured glasses will likely be shattered at some point.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:41 AM
jofa

Man, in case you haven't noticed, this has gone way beyond a "Brownlee" rumor at this point. Even on TSN last night, they were talking about how Comrie isn't happy playing in Edm and is asking for a trade.

How about a quote from Comrie's agent "I'm an optimist, but I'm very pessimistic now that this can be worked out in Edmonton. There are differences of opinion between the parties that may be irreconcilable"

Not convinced? How about a quote from Lowe: "No. I'm not trying to sign him," Lowe said. "There's been no discussions of signing, so I'll leave that. If you're asking me, 'Are you negotiating right now?' We're not negotiating."

So, why can’t us fans discuss a Comrie trade rumour? And your attitude that we are being led by the media and/or our raging hormones is not overly appreciated, as there are a lot of intelligent people on this site who have the capacity to think beyond a Brownlee article. If you're the only one who can't see the writing on the wall, its most likely you who is misreading the situation.

Old
10-09-2003, 12:54 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
Man, in case you haven't noticed, this has gone way beyond a "Brownlee" rumor at this point. Even on TSN last night, they were talking about how Comrie isn't happy playing in Edm and is asking for a trade.

How about a quote from Comrie's agent "I'm an optimist, but I'm very pessimistic now that this can be worked out in Edmonton. There are differences of opinion between the parties that may be irreconcilable"

Not convinced? How about a quote from Lowe: "No. I'm not trying to sign him," Lowe said. "There's been no discussions of signing, so I'll leave that. If you're asking me, 'Are you negotiating right now?' We're not negotiating."

So, why can’t us fans discuss a Comrie trade rumour? And your attitude that we are being led by the media and/or our raging hormones is not overly appreciated, as there are a lot of intelligent people on this site who have the capacity to think beyond a Brownlee article. If you're the only one who can't see the writing on the wall, its most likely you who is misreading the situation.
and if that isn't enough Lowe talked to Morley Scott about the difficulty in finding a trading partner before training camp.

Ched is the Oilers mouth piece and if Lowe was willing to say that to Scott you know Comrie is gone.

Old
10-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Master Lok

I don't have a very high opinion of the some of the research done by TSN or the Toronto Star or whatever newspapers. I wouldn't doubt that they would have picked up on the local Oiler reporter (aka Brownlee) and just followed the same lead without checking anything. Kevin Lowe and MC have not said very much about the negotiations but fans and media are just going nuts about it. Over the past several weeks I've heard rumors of:
- MC not liking Lowe's criticism of him after the playoffs
- MC having a spat with MacT in the dressing room
- MC wants a contract with money closer to Brad Richards
- MC doesn't want to play for the Oilers anymore.
- too much local pressure on MC
- Lowe wants to get bigger centres
- MC doesn't want to stay in Edmonton

Everything is just speculation and hearsay. Why not just add that one of MC's puck bunnies became pregnant and now he wants to runaway to another city? Or how about MC thinks that the city speed limit is too low and there's too much road construction and wants to go to a city with higher speed limits?

Closed Thread