HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Message for Hitchcock...

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
lynchmob450

vCash: 500
Message for Hitchcock...

STOP MESSING AROUND WITH THE FORWARD LINES!!!! Why mess with the Richards/Knuble/Sim line when they were clicking??? Why drop Carter to the 4th line so he can gain confidence playing in the NHL with Brashear??? Show some confidence in your players...let THEM create the chemistry they lack because YOU enjoy destroying the puzzle when its being put together!!

Now let them play hockey!!!

Old
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450
STOP MESSING AROUND WITH THE FORWARD LINES!!!! Why mess with the Richards/Knuble/Sim line when they were clicking??? Why drop Carter to the 4th line so he can gain confidence playing in the NHL with Brashear??? Show some confidence in your players...let THEM create the chemistry they lack because YOU enjoy destroying the puzzle when its being put together!!

Agreed! He mixed everything up after one game. ONE GAME!!!!!! Some of these guys havent played in over a year, and there are 10 new players on the team. Give them two games at least!!!

Old
10-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450

Two words. Re. Lax.
Hitch always plays around with the lines. We're 1-2 and both losses were against very beatable teams. Why not change things around a little? I'm pretty sure Carter won't be playing with Brash all season long, Hitch knows his potential and knows the team better than any of us do. We may not like some of the lines, but the Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble line has been borderline dominant when out on the ice. That's one line I wouldn't mess with. There are other pairings like Sim-Richards, Stevenson-Handzus, Primeau-Sharp that you might try to keep together and just mix and match the rest of the pieces.
For the Pens game, Hatcher's back which should shore up the D a little bit by not having Skolney back there... Brash should be scratched because the Pens are not an overly physical team at all... Primeau should be given tons more minutes in all kinds of situations, not just a shut-down role... Carter should sit. Those are my recommendations.
Ripping Hitch apart for trying to find some combo's that work isn't the answer though. It's just extremely easy for us "computer-chair-coaches" to do.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Two words. Re. Lax.
Hitch always plays around with the lines. We're 1-2 and both losses were against very beatable teams. Why not change things around a little? I'm pretty sure Carter won't be playing with Brash all season long, Hitch knows his potential and knows the team better than any of us do. We may not like some of the lines, but the Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble line has been borderline dominant when out on the ice. That's one line I wouldn't mess with. There are other pairings like Sim-Richards, Stevenson-Handzus, Primeau-Sharp that you might try to keep together and just mix and match the rest of the pieces.
For the Pens game, Hatcher's back which should shore up the D a little bit by not having Skolney back there... Brash should be scratched because the Pens are not an overly physical team at all... Primeau should be given tons more minutes in all kinds of situations, not just a shut-down role... Carter should sit. Those are my recommendations.
Ripping Hitch apart for trying to find some combo's that work isn't the answer though. It's just extremely easy for us "computer-chair-coaches" to do.
One reason I dont sit Brashear is to set the tone and play physical as th ePens don't seem to like contact. If he is out there hitting everything in site that goes a long way against a teamlike this. The D should be much better as Seidenberg is playing as well instead of jones. Hopefully Carter has regianed some strength this week. I agree with youon primeau 100%, put him on the PP and park his huge a** in fornt of the net.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
One reason I dont sit Brashear is to set the tone and play physical as th ePens don't seem to like contact. If he is out there hitting everything in site that goes a long way against a teamlike this. The D should be much better as Seidenberg is playing as well instead of jones. Hopefully Carter has regianed some strength this week. I agree with youon primeau 100%, put him on the PP and park his huge a** in fornt of the net.
After seeing Seids in preseason and watching Jones the last couple of games...I'd rather have Jones in the lineup.

It's still going to take some time to find out who has chemistry on what line, so I can see Hitch messing with the lines ofr the 1st half dozen or so games.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
One reason I dont sit Brashear is to set the tone and play physical as th ePens don't seem to like contact. If he is out there hitting everything in site that goes a long way against a teamlike this.
Yeah, because the Flyers don't have anyone else that can play the body and finish hits. Brash looks timid this year when he's trying to hit and always takes stupid penalties... that is, when he's not flopping around on the ice trying to get back on his skates after falling/tripping/stumbling/etc... I look at a guy like Chris Neil in Ottawa, who up until this season has been a goon and only a goon, yet he's got 4 points already and plays on the power play. My point and bottom line is, Brash hasn't contributed anything yet. He's a complete liability at this point and would be better served parking his butt in the press box and keep the chair from floating away. Philly has plenty of guys that will set a physical tone without hurting the team.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:14 PM
BloodOnTheIce

i agree i would rather have Jones play instead of Seidenberg
Jones had energy and was solid

I wish i knew why some people here are so in love with Seidenberg
He's not that talented, and it shows in his weak game
He never improves

He should have gone to Chicago instead of Vandermeer

Old
10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
i agree i would rather have Jones play instead of Seidenberg
Jones had energy and was solid

I wish i knew why some people here are so in love with Seidenberg
He's not that talented, and it shows in his weak game
He never improves

He should have gone to Chicago instead of Vandermeer
I am not a huge Seidenberg fan by any means but I am less of a Jones fan. I would take Seidneberg right now over Jones.

Closed Thread