HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds on Direct TV?

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Subaqueous

vCash: 500
Preds on Direct TV?

Hey folks... I'm new to the forum here. A long time hockey fan, but fairly new to the Nashville area and a new Preds fan. I look forward to posting here.

Now for my question:

This may sound dumb, and forgive me if this has been covered here already...
But what are the people who have Direct TV instead of Cable doing to get the games?

I was under the impression that OLN was going to be carrying games when the lockout ended and hockey came back...

I have seen some games on OLN, but not the local games. I thought that all local games were going to be on OLN and the line-up would vary depending on where you lived... now that i think about it though, I realize that would not be possible.

I know the games are being broadcast on FSN, but unfortunately FSN is not an option for Direct TV carriers... (as far as I know anyway).

So what are you folks with Direct TV doing to see the games?

I switched to Direct TV last year after the lockout in order to get NFL Sunday Ticket and see out of state football games. Now it seems as though I need both in order to see my football games and the local hockey games... am I understanding this correctly or have I missed something.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Old
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

If you subscribe to the sports pack through DirecTV you get pretty much every sports channel, including all the FSN.

However if you want to see hockey, get Center Ice. It's like 130 for the entire season, worth every penny.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
FD

You do not need to pay extra to see Preds games on Direct TV. These game are usually broadcast on an alternative, usually 2-3 channels up from Fox Sports South. Just set-up a wishlist using keyword "predators". Run a search and all broadcast data with that keyword will be displayed with channels and times. If a game is scheculed for Fox Sports South, it will be offered through Direct TV.

Old
10-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Subaqueous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD
You do not need to pay extra to see Preds games on Direct TV. These game are usually broadcast on an alternative, usually 2-3 channels up from Fox Sports South. Just set-up a wishlist using keyword "predators". Run a search and all broadcast data with that keyword will be displayed with channels and times. If a game is scheculed for Fox Sports South, it will be offered through Direct TV.
You rock FD. Thanks for the info.

Closed Thread