HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A prospect the Rangers should trade for.

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 08:13 AM
TexMurphy

vCash: 500
A prospect the Rangers should trade for.

Ok so you got Poti and Jamie Lundmark on the trading block and your rebuilding your team.

There is one prospect player you wana pick up and you should be able to snatch him pretty easy from the Caps. Johnny Oduya but you wana do it fast before he develops even more.

I doubt you even know who Im speakin of, let me breif you.

Oduya is atm the best defender in the swedish elite league. He is also the signing of the year so far. Last year he played for Djurgården who had a really bad coach that basicly just used him as a goon. This year he signed with Frölunda (same team Lundquist came from). The coaches in frölunda use him for what he is and he is playing fantastic hockey.

He is 23 years old, very good on the skates, great hitter, good shot, good puck handling, good passing, very smart and very calm in his decissions. He never gets stressed under preasure and always plays smart hockey in the defensive zone. Extreamly solid. On offense he has the ability to outskate forwards and out deak defenders.

If you are willing to give up Lundmark for a draft pick I would expect you beeing willing to give up Lundmark plus something else, posibly even Poti for a prospect.

Oduya has the package to become the best swedish defender since Lidström (with added hitting power) and I think it should be worth the trade.

Tex.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:26 AM
eco's bones

Sounds good Tex. But I don't know a lot about him. Another poster mentioned Henke's twin brother Joel. That doesn't sound bad either. I have heard good things about him as he's one of the leaders on the Frolunda team.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:32 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok lets do it! What do we do now? You need a vote or something, or is my word good enough?

Seriously though, thanks tex for the info. With Poti and Lundmark is a tale of two lost players. Poti is lost because hes lost, Lundmark can be a quality player but a lost cause for the NYR.

If those guys are going to be constantly booed/mistake ridden/bench ridden, I'd rather see them go and lets see what some of the Wolfpack guys can do.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
TexMurphy

Yes Joel is another good prospect to trade for BUT Oduya would be a better trade.

Joel would atm be a 3-4 line center he has a very high work rate, good hitter and has the skill to develope into a good power forward. But he is, at least imho, not ready for NHL yet. He needs say this and one more year in SEL. Yes I know he is most likely gonna sign NHL next year but I do think that is too early and he will endup playing AHL.

With the increased demand in puck handling and skating defenders Oduya would be the better pick. Unfortunatly, for us here in Gothenburg, he will definatly be able to make an NHL roster next year.

The longer this season goes the more impossible it will be to get a trade for him. But atm I still think he is tradeable.

Tex

Old
10-14-2005, 08:36 AM
TexMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
, Lundmark can be a quality player but a lost cause for the NYR.
This is one of the reasons I really dont wana see Joel in NYR because, sorry if I offend you, the Rangers just suck at developing tallent and Joel needs development.

I have been praying ever since the day Henke played his first full season in frölunda that the Rangers wount screw him up like they have screwed so many tallents.

Tex

Old
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy
This is one of the reasons I really dont wana see Joel in NYR because, sorry if I offend you, the Rangers just suck at developing tallent and Joel needs development.
I can certainly see why you think this, but I think things have changed now. Look at this team with something like 6 rookies on it, and an AHL team chock-full of quality prospects. Some people complain about our approach and say it's not enough, but I think we have definitely turned a corner.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:51 AM
TexMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I can certainly see why you think this, but I think things have changed now. Look at this team with something like 6 rookies on it, and an AHL team chock-full of quality prospects. Some people complain about our approach and say it's not enough, but I think we have definitely turned a corner.
That I do agree with. Though its one thing to have the tallent and another to refine it into quality players. The rangers are on the right track now the challange ahead is to acomplish the refining and not untill that is done will I remove the label of bad place for rookies. But as said there definatly is hope.

Tex

Old
10-14-2005, 09:20 AM
TexMurphy

Back on topic of Oduya.

Here is his prospect profile.. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/johnny_oduya

Id like to add one thing to it. It says that his defensive awarness but this isnt true anymore. He really has proven his defensive solidity this year. A prof of this is that he is the defender that juniors get paired with if they need to fill a slot on the roster. His defensive stability is what the coaches look to him for when a junior is called up.

Tex

Old
10-14-2005, 09:28 AM
KRM

Sccch Tex! Don't let them know about the hidden treasures in the SEL and especially in Frölunda!

Old
10-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Synergy27

This guy sounds interesting, but I would hope that a package of Poti+Lundmark could garner a little more in return. Poti probably has some value to a solid defensive team looking for a PP guy, and Lundmark is a former first rounder. How about:

Poti + Lundmark

for

Ovechkin...

Old
10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Tex Murphy! Great handle. Pandora Directive is my own favorite in the series.

Capitals fans here. As I understand it, the Capitals are very positive on Oduya, but I am not sure if they have been proactive in trying to get him over to the NHL, whether they still hold out hope, whether they are simply letting him develop slowly, or what. They do not talk about him all that much. It's hard to say. I suppose the biggest question is whether he wants to play in the NHL or is happy playing in the Elitserien.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
This guy sounds interesting, but I would hope that a package of Poti+Lundmark could garner a little more in return. Poti probably has some value to a solid defensive team looking for a PP guy, and Lundmark is a former first rounder. How about:

Poti + Lundmark

for

Ovechkin...
I would do that if the Caps threw in a 2nd rounder.

Ahh, reminiscent of my days on alt.sports.hockey.nhl.ny-rangers when every trade proposal was hopelessly lopsided, included both of the Ferraro Brothers, and forced the other team to "throw in a defenseman."

In other news, Bruce Driver has a no-trade clause.

ETA: Bruce Driver is the gayest name ever, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Edge

I never thought he looked like a hockey player. He looked more like a lawyer.

(Gasp) what am I saying.....

Old
10-15-2005, 05:42 AM
filthy#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy
Back on topic of Oduya.

Here is his prospect profile.. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/johnny_oduya

Id like to add one thing to it. It says that his defensive awarness but this isnt true anymore. He really has proven his defensive solidity this year. A prof of this is that he is the defender that juniors get paired with if they need to fill a slot on the roster. His defensive stability is what the coaches look to him for when a junior is called up.

Tex
your not a relative on him now tex

Old
10-15-2005, 06:40 AM
eco's bones

To be honest I would think that Lundmark is being shopped. What they expect in return for him I don't know. Oduya sounds good but as far as prospects and young players we seem pretty strong on D (Tyutin, Drats, Staal, Sauer, Baranka and then Pock, Lampman, Liffiton and maybe Taylor if he really has improved his skating) and in goal (Henke and Montoya). Can always use more D but IMO we're definitely stronger there than at forward.

As far as Poti goes there has been a lot of talk that the Rangers might trade him but I'm not sure how serious that is. There's been talk of him going to the Sharks.
I'm not sure Slats really wants to part with him. What we'd get for him is another question.

Closed Thread