HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Let's talk about the 'milling' around at MSG

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 08:44 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Let's talk about the 'milling' around at MSG

No, not on the ice. I am talking about in the stands and walkways. I saw alot of it during the preseason games and i figureed that the ushers really didnt care cuz it was pre season. BUT, it *still* continues.

Who do you blame? The ushers for not enforcing no walking until a play stoppage, or the clueless people getting up and walking around in the middle of play.

I was fortunate enough to get seats in 106 last night vs the Devils. And I saw exactly 1 (one) goal scored ( the first goal-rucinsky).

It got so comical in the 3rd I turned to one of the people I was sitting with and we BOTH said 'i guess here comes another goal', as the people in front of us decided to get up and leave. Next thing we knew there were lights and music and a lot of people cheering. We later found out Jagr scored.

I go to alot of games at Continental and the no walking around rule is *strictly* enforced. I cant understand why MSG cant do the same?

Old
10-14-2005, 09:36 AM
broadwayblue

As far as I know there have never been any restrictions on people getting up to leave...but after the first 5 minutes of each period the ushers are supposed to hold people at the tunnels until there is a stoppage of play before letting them return to their seats.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
No, not on the ice. I am talking about in the stands and walkways. I saw alot of it during the preseason games and i figureed that the ushers really didnt care cuz it was pre season. BUT, it *still* continues.

Who do you blame? The ushers for not enforcing no walking until a play stoppage, or the clueless people getting up and walking around in the middle of play.

I was fortunate enough to get seats in 106 last night vs the Devils. And I saw exactly 1 (one) goal scored ( the first goal-rucinsky).

It got so comical in the 3rd I turned to one of the people I was sitting with and we BOTH said 'i guess here comes another goal', as the people in front of us decided to get up and leave. Next thing we knew there were lights and music and a lot of people cheering. We later found out Jagr scored.

I go to alot of games at Continental and the no walking around rule is *strictly* enforced. I cant understand why MSG cant do the same?

So you're saying that the Garden needs ushers that work as hard as the team that plays there?

Old
10-14-2005, 09:44 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
half the people who sit in the 100s would leave after regulation if overtime was coming. a lot of them aren't hardcore, just there because there rich and want to have a few beers after the long work day. should be illegal to sit close unless you are a good fan...i know im generalizing, but im sure you get my point

Old
10-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Terryble

abev- i agree...it sucks...it is fun however to yell at people but after the 2nd or 3rd time (about 3 mins into the game) it gets aggravating...not sure what we can do really...someone come up with a form letter and we can mass e-mail the garden?

Old
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Synergy27

Is anyone else annoyed when people stand up when there is a chance something interesting is about to happen? I mean, I'm all about jumping up to celebrate a goal, but when people in stand up when a 2 on 1 (or the like) is developing, it causes everyone behind them to have to stand to see the play. If everyone would just sit down we would be able to see everything just fine.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:19 AM
BigE

Instead of complaining here, why not voice your concerns with MSG yourself? Go up and personally talk with the ushers in your section and let them know that you're missing the game. Bring a big guy to sit with you and threaten every single person that walks past. At the end of the day, those are all likely to get you further than what you're doing here. And if people do enough of this, it's likely that MSG might just listen.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Is anyone else annoyed when people stand up when there is a chance something interesting is about to happen? I mean, I'm all about jumping up to celebrate a goal, but when people in stand up when a 2 on 1 (or the like) is developing, it causes everyone behind them to have to stand to see the play. If everyone would just sit down we would be able to see everything just fine.
Yeah, it can be annoying, but people have been doing that for as long as I can remember. What sucks now though, is that with the goal line moved back two feet towards the end boards it makes it much harder to see the goal for people like myself who have seats near the corners. When the people stand up they pretty much block the whole goal.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

That's why the 400's are the best seats in the house, you can see everything!

On a serious note, I personally like sitting in the 300's the best. I've sat in the 100's a lot but I don't like not being able to see everything and yes, the people standing up and walking in front of you is quite annoying. I had seats one time in the 100's in the first row, right on the goal line and those were horrible seats. The walkway is right in front of you and it's impossible to see the net when the cotton candy and popcorn man is walking in front of you 20 times a game.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Fletch

It has been different...

when I had seasons, nobody in our section got up in the middle of play (but that is allowed). The ushers have also been letting people walk around during play - once even telling me it's OK to go, but me declining telling him the play's still going on. I don't know why that is - but early in the season, it's good to see the Garden mostly full.

Old
10-14-2005, 11:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

It's been that way forever.You try telling someone to sit down.This is New York

Old
10-14-2005, 12:02 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Well I sat in 100s as a treat - my tix are in 300s and its been going on there too. It's time to get articulate and send off a letter. Maybe if the this thread gets big enough I can reference it in the letter. If anyone knows who to specifically send it too, post it. In the mean time I will do some searching.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
dpedan2

continental

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Even though it's a hellhole I actually like that about the swamp. It's easier to do in NJ because there aren't as many entrances to cover like the garden. We only have on concourse for both levels while you guys got like 4 or 5.

Old
10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
drewcon40

dpedan2 - You make an excellent point. What happens is that you can walk around the entire Garden on the tiers that separate the 300s and 200s and the 100s and lower section. If you are on the other side of the garden where your seats are and walk through that gate, you may be stopped at a whistle or stoppage. Then you can walk where ever you want after that. If I am coming back, I usually crouch down in front of my section . Once play stops, I go up and sit in my seats. Not everyone is curtious.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Balej20*

Abev-I agree 100%, it pisses me off.

Old
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Skroob*

You really cant beat row A in the 400's

Old
10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
You really cant beat row A in the 400's
yeah, assuming you have 20/10 vision or bring binoculars.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
That's why the 400's are the best seats in the house, you can see everything!

On a serious note, I personally like sitting in the 300's the best. I've sat in the 100's a lot but I don't like not being able to see everything and yes, the people standing up and walking in front of you is quite annoying. I had seats one time in the 100's in the first row, right on the goal line and those were horrible seats. The walkway is right in front of you and it's impossible to see the net when the cotton candy and popcorn man is walking in front of you 20 times a game.

400 rules!!!!!!! Especially 411

Closed Thread