HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parros Is Burning!

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Parros Is Burning!

I just felt it necessary to give props to the Princeton Pugilist, who is playing some VERY decent hockey in his limited ice time. Last night was easily Parros' best game of the five he's played, and after years of watching Ryan Flinn's cups o' coffee in the NHL (and seeing him in games with the Monarchs) it is a breath of fresh air to isolate on the guy and not see him quaking in his skates for fear of not knowing what to do other than drop the gloves and try to play Rock Em Sock Em Robots with some other neanderthal.)

And for those of you still clamoring for the Human Pinata, Ken Belanger... Why?

Old
10-14-2005, 12:38 PM
palffytofrovlov

he is playing well... He layed out a Red Wing next to the boards in front of me which was great to see!!!

Old
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I just felt it necessary to give props to the Princeton Pugilist, who is playing some VERY decent hockey in his limited ice time. Last night was easily Parros' best game of the five he's played, and after years of watching Ryan Flinn's cups o' coffee in the NHL (and seeing him in games with the Monarchs) it is a breath of fresh air to isolate on the guy and not see him quaking in his skates for fear of not knowing what to do other than drop the gloves and try to play Rock Em Sock Em Robots with some other neanderthal.)

he's played very well...

10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

him and brown are hitting everything in sight. making it real tough on our opponents. thumbs up

Old
10-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Fat Elvis

I thought he deserved more mins last night. Showed some puck control, which we're not used to seeing from guys like him. That line made things happen and once AM sat him, Luc was invisible. Hope our coached are watching their game films. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fighting in this new nhl, hope he keeps his aggresive play going. He and Brown are fun to watch.

Old
10-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Game Misconduct

I agree that the played well -- against a team with no enforcer dressed.

I still question his talents as an enforcer and view him as competing with Jeff Cowan and TK more than Belanger at this point. I would be delighted if he proved me wrong.

Old
10-14-2005, 01:33 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
it's those two quick goals he scored that one time that people seem to keep re-running in their heads, that's why.

Parros has simply played mistake free, and has even generated offense by being (here it comes...) tough to play against!"

Old
10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Which one is George?

Old
10-14-2005, 01:49 PM
TubbyTerrion*

I do admit, I would like to see Parros levelled by Derek Boogaard, or Zdeno Chara, just so that they could do a George Of The Jungle "Watch Out For That Tree" video on the dumbotron.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
The one thing worth noting about George's play, is that he consistently goes to the net, sometimes taking as many as three defenders with him. I wish some of his teammates would take note and get off the perimeter once in awhile.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I still question his talents as an enforcer...
See, I've always felt this way about "enforcers" but right now, in this new NHL, my guess is that more people are jumping on MY bandwagon. Who gives a rats a55 about "enforcers" --- Show me a player that plays big, won't back down and is willing to support his teammates, and I'm happy. I only care that Parros is WILLING to "go" and if he gets the crap beat out of him (which, generally doesn't happen... most fights are two guys grabbing each other's jerseys and eventually one falling on top of another and both skating off thinking they won 'The Fight') How many teams in the NHL have "that guy" who you say, "Oh holy crap, they have _______," this is gonna be a bloodbath, and we only have Parros. Not many. And, those that do are usually not looking to stir up trouble anyway because extra penalties lead to extra power plays, and I'll take my chances DESPITE John Van Crapsmear's horrendous output as a power play tactician (when they show him on the dumbotron with his crayons and paper, diagramming plays, I always assume he's playing hangman.)

Next up: Columbus... OOOOOOHHHHH, Jody Shelley... I'm scared. Let's play Ken Belanger so we can break up the boredom of a Kings blowout with 20 seconds of pugilism. YAWN.

Old
10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Next up: Columbus... OOOOOOHHHHH, Jody Shelley... I'm scared. Let's play Ken Belanger so we can break up the boredom of a Kings blowout with 20 seconds of pugilism.
I'd like the 20 seconds, thank you very much.

Old
10-14-2005, 03:10 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I'd like the 20 seconds, thank you very much.
Yeah, that's what your wife says, too

Old
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Yeah, that's what your wife says, too
Generous. Thanks!

Old
10-14-2005, 04:00 PM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc
GM- Parros isn't a total loss without the mits. He can hang with the AHL heavies, which is a start.

My concern is that someone like Jody Shelley is gong to knock him loo-loo before he can fall to the ice.

I for one am on the Parros bandwagon. He is our greatest hope to be a fighter who can play regularly. I am still surprised he plays over Ken Belanger, but all things being equal, Parros has the most upside, so I dig it.

Old
10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Osprey

Parros is giving great effort and deserves props for it, but he's completely dragging that 3rd line down. What in the world is AM thinking? Parros should be on the 4th line where he belongs, not on the 3rd. Robitaille and Armstrong are weak enough on offense as it is. When Bure was on their line, both Luc and Derek were scoring; now, they're practically barren. With the 1st and 2nd lines not scoring, the 3rd line needs to create chances, not cycle and check. It's almost odd that the 4th line arguably contains 3 guys (EBel, TK, Avery) able to be 3rd-liners, yet a bonafide 4th-liner is taking the free spot on the 3rd. I just don't get the infatuation with Parros on the 3rd line. His presence is crippling that line's modest scoring potential, IMO.

BTW, I didn't mind Parros on the 3rd line for a few games because I figured that he was just filling in for Bure, who would be back imminently. It's been 5 games now, though, and Bure's recovery is nowhere in sight.

Last edited by Osprey: 10-14-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Parros is giving great effort and deserves props for it, but he's completely dragging that 3rd line down. What in the world is AM thinking? Parros should be on the 4th line where he belongs, not on the 3rd. Robitaille and Armstrong are weak enough on offense as it is. When Bure was on their line, both Luc and Derek were scoring; now, they're practically barren. With the 1st and 2nd lines not scoring, the 3rd line needs to create chances, not cycle and check. It's almost odd that the 4th line arguably contains 3 guys (EBel, TK, Avery) able to be 3rd-liners, yet a bonafide 4th-liner is taking the free spot on the 3rd. I just don't get the infatuation with Parros on the 3rd line. His presence is crippling that line's modest scoring potential, IMO.

BTW, I didn't mind Parros on the 3rd line for a few games because I figured that he was just filling in for Bure, who would be back imminently. It's been 5 games now, though, and Bure's recovery is nowhere in sight.
i totally disagree. i thought that would be case when that line was assembled, but i actually feel they've been very effective. armstrong seems to make things happen every time he's out there, and luc has certainly had his chances. that line hasn't scored in bunches or anything, but i think they've been getting chances. several times per game that line comes out, gets the puck in deep and keeps it there, helping us to build momentum. and even right now as i watch the replay from last night, parros picked off a clearing attempt, levelled a wing, was right on the doorstop for a rebound chance and then got into a scrum after the whistle. they'll never rival the triple crown line, but they're playing good hockey and heling the team.

Old
10-14-2005, 04:47 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:

i see it this way too. to me, effort and being big is nice, but watching him last night, he looked like an ahl-er playing with luc and armstrong. he doesn't have the offensive hockey sense to be playing with those two, imo.

Old
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
i totally disagree. i thought that would be case when that line was assembled, but i actually feel they've been very effective. armstrong seems to make things happen every time he's out there, and luc has certainly had his chances. that line hasn't scored in bunches or anything, but i think they've been getting chances. several times per game that line comes out, gets the puck in deep and keeps it there, helping us to build momentum. and even right now as i watch the replay from last night, parros picked off a clearing attempt, levelled a wing, was right on the doorstop for a rebound chance and then got into a scrum after the whistle. they'll never rival the triple crown line, but they're playing good hockey and heling the team.
Parros can't finish and can't pass, though. Robitaille and Armstrong basically have to rely on each other for the scoring and they aren't nearly good enough. They need a 3rd player for that line that has some kind of skill. Anyone from the 4th line would be a big upgrade. Also, Luc and George have got to be the two slowest forwards on the team, yet they're on the same line. That line could really use a hustle infusion from the 4th line.

I know that I'm in the minority here, but I feel like a voice of reason. Parros isn't bad; it's just that he needs to be on the 4th line and a player with more skill in his place.

Last edited by Osprey: 10-14-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old
10-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Kick

I'm really not sure if George came into the AHL expecting to have an enforcers role. In his first season he played in 57 game and had only 126 minutes in penalties. Last season he was called upon to be the enforcer due to Flinn being out of the lineup with injuries. Parros almost doubled his penalty minutes, racking up 247 in 67 games. A point of note... in his first season he had 3 goals and last year had 14. A nice improvement.

Old
10-14-2005, 06:14 PM
TubbyTerrion*

and what, Armstrong has points in four straight games? Yeah, he's definitely being dragged down by Parros

Old
10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Osprey

Quote:
and what, Armstrong has points in four straight games? Yeah, he's definitely being dragged down by Parros
Two are from the powerplay, wise guy and another is from last night in which Armstrong sprung Avery for a breakaway, which had nothing to do with Parros. Would big George have even gotten that breakaway, much less scored? I think not. If anything, that goal proved that Armstrong needs a better winger.

Old
10-14-2005, 06:42 PM
BINGO

Quote:
Two are from the powerplay, wise guy and another is from last night in which Armstrong sprung Avery for a breakaway, which had nothing to do with Parros. Would big George have even gotten that breakaway, much less scored? I think not. If anything, that goal proved that Armstrong needs a better winger.
Parros had a few nice goals last season. I wouldn't sell him short.

Old
10-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
Parros had a few nice goals last season. I wouldn't sell him short.
I'm not. 4th-liners score goals, too. I'm just saying that he shouldn't be on the 3rd line (with a Hall-of-Famer, no less), especially when the team needs goals.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Johnny Utah

For a line like Army-Luc to be successful they need either a big body to free up space so Army can dish to Luc in the slot, or a skilled player that can skate better than those two and dish to them. So, either Parros or Bure works.

My concern is what happens when Cowan and Bure return. Taking Parros and TK out makes the Kings a lot softer or even taking out one and putting Cammy and Bure in. So far AM has been decent this year (even though KB hasnt dressed yet) giving Parros minutes. So I want to see what happens when the whole roster is complete.

But I do agree with an earlier poster, Ken Belanger should dress agasint a pretty tough Columbus team. You have to get Ken Belanger in there sometime...

Closed Thread