HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Depth, ain't it great?

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Depth, ain't it great?

Yeah, funny for me to be starting a quasi-optimistic thread, but after watching the 12 forwards out there last night, busting their gut, outworking and out playing the devils and knowing you have AT LEAST 2 more YOUNG NHL ready forwards(Hollweg and Lundamrk) chomping at the bit and ready to step in for any youngster or vet not named Jagr who might get hurt or falter, and you have to be happy...And both injuries and slack play WILL happen but this year, finally, it seems we have the depth (perhaps add in Immonen, Giroux, ???) and what looks like the coach to use it .....I still don't expect games like last night to be the norm (because of the defense) but it looks like it could be a very fun year.....We shall see...

Old
10-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Fletch

Depth is an interesting concept...

being able to play 12 forwards with only two getting less than 10 minutes of ice time (one around 9) is a pretty good thing too. Remember us talking so much about rolling four lines? So this is what it looks like. Of course, things tend to change over the long haul as the environment changed. We've seen four lines rolled here and there. Hopefully this depth is for real, which will help with the way these lines look and play.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
being able to play 12 forwards with only two getting less than 10 minutes of ice time (one around 9) is a pretty good thing too. Remember us talking so much about rolling four lines? So this is what it looks like. Of course, things tend to change over the long haul as the environment changed. We've seen four lines rolled here and there. Hopefully this depth is for real, which will help with the way these lines look and play.
I remember the days of the McCarthy's getting about 3 mins of time. Always seeing fresh new lines is exciting.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:38 PM
DarthSather99

OMG ...an optimistic post from Melnyk? What's next? we'll dominate the Devils? oops ...already done that ...

Old
10-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Fletch

Don't let Larry fool you...

or I should say don't feel like things are rosy because Larry's becoming more optimistic...last time he was optimistic we didn't see hockey for nearly 18 months.

Old
10-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Woah, Sunshine from Larry.... It really is the NEW Rangers.

Old
10-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Woah, Sunshine from Larry.... It really is the NEW Rangers.
Hey guys, even in gloomsville, sometimes the sun pokes through the clouds...Nah, just call thems as I sees them....And Fletch is right, I got way too optimistic during and righ after the Great Fire sale....

Old
10-14-2005, 05:32 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Hey guys, even in gloomsville, sometimes the sun pokes through the clouds...Nah, just call thems as I sees them....And Fletch is right, I got way too optimistic during and righ after the Great Fire sale....
Speaking of the Sun, I don't think I've seen it in about 3 weeks.

I agree with you. It's great to be watching a team that has some depth and can roll 4 lines. If the Rangers are still over .500 in another month, then it'll really be time to get excited!

Old
10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Edge

Personally I wouldn't even count Jamie in the depth department, I look at it more of who is still coming possibly:

Immonen, Korpikoski, Dawes and others.

I think people might be forgetting that this is only the first wave.

Old
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Personally I wouldn't even count Jamie in the depth department, I look at it more of who is still coming possibly:

Immonen, Korpikoski, Dawes and others.

I think people might be forgetting that this is only the first wave.

I don't see you mentioning Jessiman ..... are you down on him ?

I'm giving Lundmark 30+ games before I sour on him. I'm the lone holdout.

Old
10-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Fletch

With Jamie...

it's tough to determine how many more chances he'll get here. First, someone in the current lineup, Prucha, Betts/Moore, or Hossa needs to falter, realistically. Then, Fedorov, Immonen or Dawes need to show they need to stay in Hartford. That's the depth. It's a good thing if used properly.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I don't see you mentioning Jessiman ..... are you down on him ?

I'm giving Lundmark 30+ games before I sour on him. I'm the lone holdout.
Be honest, I've never been a Jessiman fan. Believe me that there is nothing i'd love to see than him make it. Let's just say I'm not a believer and leave it at that for now.

As for Lundmark, i think the time has passed and if this team is going to get anything for him they've got to act soon. His value is just not going to go up in NY.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I have been on the depth thing for a while. And now it's looking good. And the best part is like Edge said, this is only the first wave.

Closed Thread