HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caron Save

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 09:13 PM
petrskudra1

vCash: 500
Caron Save

Looking at it over and over again on the replays, it may be one of the best saves I have ever seen. For him to turn his body that quickly while sliding foward is unreal.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Claypool*

plus he kept his glove from passing goal line. That was even more impressive.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Simply an OUTSTANDING effort on that save. Caron never gave up on the puck whatsoever and had amazing reflex and reaction to stop that puck.

Did you see Crosby yelling after that save?? That was not in reaction to the save, (as Bob Errey thought doing color on TV), that was because he was blatantly tripped as the play was starting in the Flyers zone (right at their blue line) and it led directly to that scoring chance.

That is a call you have to make!! That trip was so obvious, right in the action of the play.

The ref's, while still calling things, are sliding back into old patterns of inconsistency.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Caron seems to make a great save every other game. He had a great one against Carolina too which I thought for sure was in. He never gives up on any shots (like Fleury). If a goalie can have heart, he's got it. (Too bad he's so inconsistent.)

Old
10-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Claypool*

I thought Fleury's wrap around stick save on Vanek in Buffalo was an amazing save, but this one is obviously better.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:55 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Easily one of the best saves ever. That wasn't a slow shot by Savage...not that it was a slapper but the way Caron had to come back for...just awesome.

i was on the phone and had told my friend that the Flyers just scored to go ahead on that play...then i saw the replay and was floored...it wasn't a goal.

just awesome.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Arnold79

that was indeed an unbelievable save. Thank God the Penguins managed to earn a point after a stellar comeback. It would have been a heartbreaker had the Pens lost 5-6 with 1:11 left in regulation. I was about to give up on the game when it was 1-5. I guess, no lead is safe in the new NHL
Too bad the Penguins always get called for a penalty in overtime which obviously makes it difficult to come up with a win in extra time. Nonetheless I am positive the team will have a boost going into tomorrow's game at home against Tampa Bay and finally get its first WIN of the season.
I think Fleury is back in goal. What do you guys think ? Ride Caron who seems to be hot now ? But then he is so inconsistent. I hope MAF gets the nod again. Afterall, today's game did not qualify as a full game that would count towards bonuses (one of many categories such as GAA, save %, minutes, games etc..) since MAF did only play 24 minutes. He needs to play a minimum of 25 minutes if I am not mistaken.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:11 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

http://www.wewantthecup.com/caron.wmv

Old
10-14-2005, 10:14 PM
clefty
What?

I love Crosby's reaction.

Lip reading 101: What the ****!?

Old
10-14-2005, 10:20 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

That save is absolutely worthy of it's own thread. Not only that, as far as I am concerned Caron has just secured himself the #1 goaltending job.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
I love Crosby's reaction.

Lip reading 101: What the ****!?
I think that reaction was more of disgust that they didn't call a penalty earlier in the play. Look around :11 in the replay, Crosby got slashed/tripped and nothing was called.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
I think that reaction was more of disgust that they didn't call a penalty earlier in the play. Look around :11 in the replay, Crosby got slashed/tripped and nothing was called.
I like my interpretation better.

With the way he looks around at the net, then towards the bench, I think it was a reaction to the save.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Jacob

I think Crosby was too fiery tonight for his own good.

Barking at Brashear. Pushing his own net off the mourings. Yelling at the refs. He needs to divert that energy better.

And that is one of the best saves I've ever seen.

Old
10-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Peter Gibbons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayWalk3r
Thanks alot for that

To make that kind of stop with virtually no time left in the game and the score tied, well, that was as amazing as it comes. Greatest save ive ever seen, hands down. "Inhuman" was the words used, and thats pretty accurate

Old
10-15-2005, 04:26 AM
#2eddieshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
I like my interpretation better.
So do I but I think its wrong and that it was about the penalty.

Old
10-15-2005, 05:42 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

I've only seen one save better in my entire life.

Old
10-15-2005, 05:48 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold79
I hope MAF gets the nod again. Afterall, today's game did not qualify as a full game that would count towards bonuses (one of many categories such as GAA, save %, minutes, games etc..) since MAF did only play 24 minutes. He needs to play a minimum of 25 minutes if I am not mistaken.
Hmm...coincidence? When they pulled him I couldn't believe it, because he really didn't have much chance on the goals he let in, they were mostly high quality. But the above might just explain why they did it. And yea, I'd go with Fleury vs. Tampa, in spite of Caron's good play. It's not like Fleury played bad, IMO. Caron will get plenty of starts after Fleury is gone, especially if he continues to impress. I know it's early, but I wonder if Tbo might end up being our third-best goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I think Crosby was too fiery tonight for his own good.

Barking at Brashear. Pushing his own net off the mourings. Yelling at the refs. He needs to divert that energy better.
I understand what you are saying, but I really do like that he has fire. Better too much fire than too little.

Old
10-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Cow_Master66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNightInDaBurg
I've only seen one save better in my entire life.
Frankie P?

Old
10-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I really do like that he has fire. Better too much fire than too little.
However, too much fire will get him noticed more than he wants to in the league, players are going to go after him more often..

Old
10-15-2005, 10:09 AM
st5801

Quote:
Hmm...coincidence? When they pulled him I couldn't believe it, because he really didn't have much chance on the goals he let in, they were mostly high quality. But the above might just explain why they did it. And yea, I'd go with Fleury vs. Tampa, in spite of Caron's good play.
Exactly. Maybe one or two of the goals were partly Fleury's fault, but for the most part Forsberg and Gagne were skating circles around our defense (literally).

Old
10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
The only reason Fleury could have been pulled was to try to light a fire under the team. It worked.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
10-15-2005, 11:57 AM
PensFan27

Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27

Old
10-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Verbeek
Human see, human do.

So uh... is Gonchar just suppost to stop defending once he gets to the net and just stand there and look at caron while savage (?) gets another try? Thank god Caron saved that..

Old
10-15-2005, 02:30 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbeek
So uh... is Gonchar just suppost to stop defending once he gets to the net and just stand there and look at caron while savage (?) gets another try? Thank god Caron saved that..
Man, I wish the Pens signed Rafalski to the same contract they signed Gonchar to.

Old
10-15-2005, 02:30 PM
sk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayWalk3r
dude ,great video!! thanks.

Closed Thread