HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne and Foppa best duo?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Nacho
Special

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Perhaps not on topic, but why isnt the best player in the NHL racking up more minutes on the ice, than 17-18/game? Does pete have a poor conditioning or whats up?
Well I don't think he's in top trim yet, but Flyers have also been playing a lot of PKs...

Old
10-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Mike Knuble.

Carter didn't really work out. A little bit too much adjusting for a rookie.
Yeah, they gave him one whole game at RW with Gagne and Forsberg. He didn't score a hattrick so they took him off the line.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Perhaps not on topic, but why isnt the best player in the NHL racking up more minutes on the ice, than 17-18/game? Does pete have a poor conditioning or whats up?
Actually, right around 18 minutes is his usualy ice time. He plays such hard minutes, that coaches, at least the ones in Colorado, have said that his maximum efficiency is right around 18 minutes. He's one of the best conditioned athletes in hockey, but he takes so much abuse, and his shifts are so physical, you don't want him playing too much more than that.

Old
10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
Yeah, they gave him one whole game at RW with Gagne and Forsberg. He didn't score a hattrick so they took him off the line.

I could be wrong, but I thought he got a few games on Forsberg's line before they switched him. I think Knuble is a better fit for that line anyway. I've always thought the two best types of players to play with Forsberg are a sniper, and a banger who can create some space for Pete, and grind it out in the corners with him.

Wait, maybe I should rephraze the last part of that....................

Old
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke
Might want to throw Allison-O'Neill in there.

might not - 43rd and 75th in scoring doesn't quite compare

Last edited by Gert B Frobe: 10-24-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old
10-25-2005, 02:36 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
I wonder wat it will take to bring Weinhandl to the Flyers.....Forsberg had a lot of chemistry with that guy in sweden. Maybe trade Branko for Weinhandl

Old
10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
C-J...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
I wonder wat it will take to bring Weinhandl to the Flyers.....Forsberg had a lot of chemistry with that guy in sweden. Maybe trade Branko for Weinhandl

Wein is a very underrated sniper, but Forsberg already has Gagne, what he needs is a Bertuzzi-typeofafellį, and thats Knuble.. If I had to pick someone else from the league who would do a better job with Pete & Gagne than Knuble, with about the same salary..

I“d go with Modin or Horcoff, perhaps not very similar players, but I“d guess they“d rock with Gagne and Forsberg...then againm who wouldnt.

On a sidenote, Philly should get Huselius. He outperformed Peter last season in the SEL.

Old
10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Wein is a very underrated sniper, but Forsberg already has Gagne, what he needs is a Bertuzzi-typeofafellį, and thats Knuble.. If I had to pick someone else from the league who would do a better job with Pete & Gagne than Knuble, with about the same salary..

I“d go with Modin or Horcoff, perhaps not very similar players, but I“d guess they“d rock with Gagne and Forsberg...then againm who wouldnt.

On a sidenote, Philly should get Huselius. He outperformed Peter last season in the SEL.
In that Gang Bang yeah

Old
10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Forsberg makes people around him better, thats what superstars do. Hes been playing with mediocer players on several occasions in his career (Simon to name one), but still racked up points.

You could put Forsberg together with Brashear and a bag of dirt, him and Brash would still be an amazing duo.
Unfortunately, that's completely wrong. Forsberg never played on a line with Chris Simon. His first year in Quebec, he was with Bob Bassen and Owen Nolan. Then the team moved to Colorado where he centered a line between Claude Lemieux and Valeri Kamensky. That line stayed together for quite a while until Kamensky left as a UFA to the Rangers and Simon was long gone by then anyhow.

During his time with the Nordiques/Avalanche, Chris Simon played mostly with Sakic and a combination of Scott Young and Andrei Kovalenko. Apart from that, he'd be on the 4th line...

Old
10-26-2005, 02:33 AM
C-J...*

Enough already, a little over 17 minutes for Foppa in the game tonight while Gagne played 22+? Thats sums up to almost 5 minutes, ***? When Forsberg has a "night off", and from what Im told he had one of these nights against the Habs, he should get even more icetime to get back in the game. Throw him in the checkingline aswell as the firstline, and for Gods sake use him atleast once or twice in the PK. If I“m not mistaken he“s even been nominated for the Selke....or did he win?

Old
10-26-2005, 03:32 AM
PRB

It's an 82 game season, we cant expect Forsberg to go out there play 20+ minutes every night and dominate. Maybe Hitch was resting him up for other upcoming games. We arn't a one man team, at least I hope not, yet some people talk like we are.

Old
10-26-2005, 01:07 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Enough already, a little over 17 minutes for Foppa in the game tonight while Gagne played 22+? Thats sums up to almost 5 minutes, ***? When Forsberg has a "night off", and from what Im told he had one of these nights against the Habs, he should get even more icetime to get back in the game. Throw him in the checkingline aswell as the firstline, and for Gods sake use him atleast once or twice in the PK. If I“m not mistaken he“s even been nominated for the Selke....or did he win?
Yes, last night was an off night for him...you can tell his skatiing and stickhandling weren't all that great...on most nights he would have been able to get away from that Markov check. He was nomintaed for the Selke but lost out to Mike Peca, but nonetheless how many Superstars can you name who were nomintaed for the Selke?

Closed Thread