HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sylvain Lefebvre Discussion

View Poll Results: Should the Habs Re-Sign Sylvain Lefebvre
Yes 7 3.03%
No, time for change 192 83.12%
Who's Sylvain Lefebvre? 10 4.33%
I'd rather pick my Nose than Care about this poll 22 9.52%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
I would rather suck farts out of dead chickens, than see that doofus make a return.

I voted 'yes' just to make people mad.

Old
01-22-2015, 09:05 PM
hockeyjockey

Heeellllllzzzzz no! You know you suck when you need the big boss man to come in to pep talk your players to play well.

IMHO, he's on his last legs for that team.

Old
01-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Hes like ahl version of therrien but worse and loses a lot of games.

Old
01-22-2015, 09:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

voted yes because **** you

bergevin made it pretty clear that hamilton is a training school for the habs. i couldn't give two ***** if they win or lose, i only care that whenever the habs call up somebody, they look ready or they look like they are making progress and at the end of the day, that's all this habs fan cares about

leafs almost won the calder a few times and where are they now? a winning ahl team does not mean a good prospect pool

and i don't follow the dogs enough to have the balls to form such strong and very informed opinion like so many here

Old
01-22-2015, 10:02 PM
calder candidate

I guess none of us can really tell how good he is or isn't but it clear that he or is team don't projet anything positive, no one seem to really imporve... When Guy Boucher was there seemed to be a buzz around him and is team, that great vibe it seem to push everyone to there maximum... The coach is a really important piece and it not all about X and O, it the attitude you see it all the time in especially in the NCAA good coach are able to get top player or get the most out of the player they have. We need to have someone that is either higher profil or better to teacher the goal isn't to win, winning help but the goal is to have player progess into the NHL.

Old
01-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Heeellllllzzzzz no! You know you suck when you need the big boss man to come in to pep talk your players to play well.

IMHO, he's on his last legs for that team.
Did that **** really happen?

.. serious question.

Old
01-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Did that **** really happen?

.. serious question.
yup

Quote:
Hours before the Hamilton Bulldogs stepped on the ice last night to kick off the second half of their season, Montreal Canadiens' general manager Marc Bergevin dropped by their dressing room for a chat.

He's talked to the players individually at times since taking control of the franchise three summers ago, but this was the first time he's addressed them en masse.
http://m.thespec.com/sports-story/52...wins-bergevin/

Old
01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Interesting article.

After reading this, it does look like they got a guy who's gonna do what they tell him to do. They don't need an all star upcomming coach a la Boucher or Groulx, what they need is someone who will toe the party line, use the same system and worry more about the habs record than the dogs record. If Lefebvre knows his role in this and accomplishes that role well.. then he's the right man for the job regardless of how well the dogs are doing.

Old
01-22-2015, 11:53 PM
ashtraygirl

I voted yes, but oit was due to a reading comprehension fail... we definitely need some fresh coaching blood on the farm!

Old
01-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Saintpatrick*

They should hire a young talented up and coming French speaking coach. That way when Therrien gets the boot there isn't a mad scramble for a replacement.

Old
01-23-2015, 07:06 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
They should hire a young talented up and coming French speaking coach. That way when Therrien gets the boot there isn't a mad scramble for a replacement.
I disagree, they need a vet for development. Put a rookie coach once more and it'll be Lefebvre version 2.

Old
01-23-2015, 07:36 AM
Saintpatrick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I disagree, they need a vet for development. Put a rookie coach once more and it'll be Lefebvre version 2.
I'm talking about a guy with some experience coaching in junior that's ready to move up the ladder. Surround him with vet assistants if need be but we need to start grooming our own coaches so we're not stuck with the constant retreads at the NHL level.

Old
01-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Beige Van

vCash: 2676
I'm crossing my fingers that Boucher is available when MT inevitably gets the boot.

Old
01-23-2015, 08:22 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I would rather suck farts out of dead chickens, than see that doofus make a return.

I voted 'yes' just to make people mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

bergevin made it pretty clear that hamilton is a training school for the habs. i couldn't give two ***** if they win or lose, i only care that whenever the habs call up somebody, they look ready or they look like they are making progress and at the end of the day, that's all this habs fan cares about

leafs almost won the calder a few times and where are they now? a winning ahl team does not mean a good prospect pool

and i don't follow the dogs enough to have the balls to form such strong and very informed opinion like so many here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtraygirl View Post
I voted yes, but oit was due to a reading comprehension fail... we definitely need some fresh coaching blood on the farm!
Ahh the three dissenters...

As for MasterDecoy, don't you think playing in a winning environment would be more useful to the Bulldogs players development than playing on a perpetually losing team?

If Lefebvre was doing a good job of preparing and cultivating his players, wouldn't that show in their improved play and better record?

Just a couple of things to think about. I don't think their record is as relevant as their development but the players aren't developing under Lefebvre as they were under a Boucher. Price, Patches, PK etc all did better when coming into the NHL than have Beau, Tinner etc etc and the guys there now seem to be languishing with excpetion to Hudon who's their best player and was benched by Lefebvre for some unknown reason.

Happy he'll be gone after this year. Hopefully before!

Old
01-23-2015, 08:45 AM
JohnnyReb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Ahh the three dissenters...
Just a couple of things to think about. I don't think their record is as relevant as their development but the players aren't developing under Lefebvre as they were under a Boucher. Price, Patches, PK etc all did better when coming into the NHL than have Beau, Tinner etc etc
I won't disagree with the general tone of your post, but that's an unfair comparison. Price is the best goalie in the league and a 5th overall draft pick, Subban is a Norris trophy winner already and will probably win more before his career is over, and Pacioretty is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league. I doubt even Boucher would take credit for turning those players into who they are now. They're just great players.

I don't see any comparables in Hamilton right now, and I don't think any coach could turn guys like Condon, Andrighetto and Tinordi into Price, Pacioretty and Subban.

Old
01-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Bryson

Quote:

Wow what a dumb post. Of course the big club is more important than the bulldogs but if you are a fan of the canadiens then you should care how their farm team is doing. How are players expected to come up and be winners when they are surrounded by a losing culture?

Regardless of whether you care or not don't fans of the bulldogs deserve a team that plays well and gives fans something to cheer for instead of being dead last in their league?

Old
01-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Van View Post
I'm crossing my fingers that Boucher is available when MT inevitably gets the boot.
Therrien's four year extension hasn't even kicked in yet, hope you don't develop arthritis from keeping your fingers crossed for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
People forget Sylvain Lefebvre is forced to use the same system as the Habs.

It would be the same for Boucher or Groulx and that's why they would never take the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
Hes like ahl version of therrien but worse and loses a lot of games.

If the bulldogs are indeed using the same system as the habs I wonder if that could be proof that the system sucks when you don't have a Carey Price making the ****** system look good?

Carey Price is the system !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
I won't disagree with the general tone of your post, but that's an unfair comparison. Price is the best goalie in the league and a 5th overall draft pick, Subban is a Norris trophy winner already and will probably win more before his career is over, and Pacioretty is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league. I doubt even Boucher would take credit for turning those players into who they are now. They're just great players.

I don't see any comparables in Hamilton right now, and I don't think any coach could turn guys like Condon, Andrighetto and Tinordi into Price, Pacioretty and Subban.
While this may be true, how do you explain how detroit are able to consistently turn 210th overall draft picks into the leagues best players? Either Trevor Timmins is not as good as everyone claims or the habs development process (aka the farm team) completely ***** the bed.

Last edited by montreal: 04-05-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old
01-23-2015, 09:19 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post

Price also only played the last part of the season in Hamilton before winning the Calder Cup and moving to the NHL. So it may not be fair to use him in a comparison but I will say he won the Calder because we had such a solid team and that went a long way to bumping his confidence along with his WJC gold metal.

PK was an unknown 2nd round pick at the time with very little expectations. He developed into a great player but gives massive credit to his improvement on Boucher quite often.

Patches was a late 1st that no one assumed would be as prolific a goal scorer as he was more of a play-maker in Michigan. Patches even said he'd prefer to stay in Hamilton where he was being used properly than be called up to play on the 4th line.

These aren't comments of guys who weren't happy with where they were. Now we have open dissent and players walking away from the team mid season because of their unhappiness.

The current crop of players have just as much potential as the ones who came before them. Hudon, DLR, Nygren, Pateryn, Beau, Tinner etc are all solid prospects and former highly ranked prospects with guys like Big Mac, Scherbak, Reway etc coming up. It's a little unsettling when you don't see these players developing like the player in the past. I'm not saying they're as good as Price, Patches and PK. I'm saying they're not being developed properly and if they're not being developed properly we'll never find out if they can be as good as those players.

As for the Marlies comparison, their team didn't win because of their prospects, they won because of the vets on the team. That's another one of the reasons the Leafs continue to suck. They have one of the worst scouting departments and their player development is horrific. That's why it's so important for the players coming up to be developed properly and that's something Lefebvre isn't doing properly.

i think it's pretty obvious when Bergevin had to walk into the dressing room and address the team as a whole that there's a BIG problem with the team. I've never heard of any other GM ever having to do that.

Last edited by shutehinside: 01-23-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old
01-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Guess

Bergevin already said that he was happy with the work Lefebvre is doing, he is being forced to use Therriens system and his primary objective is to prepare players for the NHL. I don't think this poll will change his mind.

Old
01-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
Bergevin already said that he was happy with the work Lefebvre is doing, he is being forced to use Therriens system and his primary objective is to prepare players for the NHL. I don't think this poll will change his mind.
There is a lot between the lines of what Bergevin said right there. That he talked to that team at all says something. I'd be "shocked" at this point if Lefebvre was back. Barring some kind of late-season surge or playoff run for the Bulldogs.

Old
01-23-2015, 10:26 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
now that is dedication. Not even live chickens, but dead ones.

Quote:

great, **** you too!

Who cares about the leafs? what do they have to do with Lefebvre?

Do you think Bergevin would say to the media, the guy I hired sucks?

What about Lefebvre do you think he's doing a good job at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calder candidate View Post
I guess none of us can really tell how good he is or isn't but it clear that he or is team don't projet anything positive, no one seem to really imporve... When Guy Boucher was there seemed to be a buzz around him and is team, that great vibe it seem to push everyone to there maximum... The coach is a really important piece and it not all about X and O, it the attitude you see it all the time in especially in the NCAA good coach are able to get top player or get the most out of the player they have. We need to have someone that is either higher profil or better to teacher the goal isn't to win, winning help but the goal is to have player progess into the NHL.
well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
I wanted the coach from Drakkar last year but someone said he was hired to the AHL last off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Wow what a dumb post. Of course the big club is more important than the bulldogs but if you are a fan of the canadiens then you should care how their farm team is doing. How are players expected to come up and be winners when they are surrounded by a losing culture?

Regardless of whether you care or not don't fans of the bulldogs deserve a team that plays well and gives fans something to cheer for instead of being dead last in their league?
well said, for me personally as someone that wants to watch every single Hamilton game, I don't care if they win or lose it's how they play that counts. Watching a team for 3 years that has shown zero improvement on their PP and continues to be at the bottom of the league is a red flag. I think they can someone that can do a better job, since we have such an important incoming rookie class to Hamilton next year with our 2 best prospects + Fucale, Grégoire, Lernout, Bozon, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
well considering Bergevin would never see or hear about this poll, of course it's not going to change his mind. That's like saying water is wet, this is just to see how my fellow Hab fans feel about the current Hamilton coach.

Old
01-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Nah. Only reason he wasn't fired year two was because he left an NHL job to come to us.

Old
01-24-2015, 09:47 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I know it won't happen but one guy I'd like to see given the job is Dave Hakstol, although I don't know if the Hamilton head coach must speak French cause I assume Hakstol doesn't. There have been rumors of NHL teams interested in him but they either weren't true or he turned them down. One of the top coaches in the NCAA.

Old
01-24-2015, 12:14 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I know it won't happen but one guy I'd like to see given the job is Dave Hakstol, although I don't know if the Hamilton head coach must speak French cause I assume Hakstol doesn't. There have been rumors of NHL teams interested in him but they either weren't true or he turned them down. One of the top coaches in the NCAA.
Cunneyworth didn't speak french so my guess is there is no such requirement in a mainly anglophone market. I wouldn't agree with such requirement for Hamilton anyway.

Old
01-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Drunk World Order

We need a offensive minded coach to help these guys develop

Closed Thread