HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 10/15 Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers- 7:05pm

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2005, 12:39 AM
RangersFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
If Lundmark and Poti are dealt for a solid D-man, I could really see this team making the playoffs. Of course the goaltending has to remain solid, but I am really liking our forwards right now. They really are skating well and playing hard every game. Especially the lower lines, truly energizing.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Does anyone notice how for the most part (the third period wasn't great but still it wasn't too terrible even with the shots) the Rangers always seem to be in position defensively? Almost always when there's a rebound the guy from the other team that could get the rebound is well covered by a Ranger and isn't allowed to get the rebound? I think that we have some good defensive players but I think that the big difference is the coaching. However I don't know if the Rangers of yesteryear would've really listened to the coaching staff like they do now. There were just too many egos on those teams. We have less egos now, more hard working players. I remember people saying how we need more of that, and I got sick of hearing it and thought it was just a cliche, I guess maybe those people were right. That said it's early, I think I'm getting a bit too excited.
Good post. It seems I'm consistantley yelling "Good backcheck, (player)!" throughout the whole game.

PK has been simply amazing so far. We have to be top 5 rank wise.

Lets just hope it contuines. Remember a couple years back we were 1st overall on Thanksgiving and stuff still went south.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
in the hall

listened to the end of the game on 1050...... sounds like hes got a lot of charisma which reminds me a lot of another goaltender we had not long ago

real exciting, sounds like the game was a good one for us anyway!

Old
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Good post. It seems I'm consistantley yelling "Good backcheck, (player)!" throughout the whole game.

Lets just hope it contuines. Remember a couple years back we were 1st overall on Thanksgiving and stuff still went south.
Yeah but other than two seasons ago at the end of the season we never did it defensively. I think that it's easier to keep up good defensive efforts than offensive. The reason is that IMO defense is more effort than luck but offense can be a lot of luck too. Sometimes also players just go into slumps.

Old
10-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Profet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather

Well... the previous good runs were because of a player (Jagr, Lafontaine, Gretzky) or a line (Fleury/Lindros/York, Hlavac/Nedved/Dvorak) getting hot.

So far, ::knocks on wood:: our offense has been pretty spread out and we are rolling 4 lines. Things are looking to be on the up and up.

I was at the game tonight, and it was mind blowing. The fans are behind this team, not because they were winning, but because they got out there, and gave a crap. We all jumped to our feet when atlanta scored, everyone knew the deal, our rookie goaltender was having a hell of game. Shut out or not, we loved his effort.

I also loved how Kasper went right over to Lundqvist and apologized and talked to him. This team is a team, not just a bunch of guys cashing checks from a common source.

Old
10-16-2005, 01:39 AM
shmekel

I was at the game tonight, and I feel it's safe to say that I am officially a Henrik Lundqvist fan.

Old
10-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Another great night by a young hardworking rebuilding team. Keep winning and the confidence of our prospects will grow.

This team really could make the playoffs

Old
10-16-2005, 02:18 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Speaking of the playoffs. I'm not sure if it was just talked about or it will actually happen, but has it actually been expanded to 10 per conference, if so making the playoffs isn't a big deal and I really don't like this crap.

Old
10-16-2005, 02:26 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Speaking of the playoffs. I'm not sure if it was just talked about or it will actually happen, but has it actually been expanded to 10 per conference, if so making the playoffs isn't a big deal and I really don't like this crap.
Not yet, sounds like next year.

There would be a round of 7 vs. 10 and 8 vs. 9 and then the playoffs as usual would be as usual. I think that pre-playoff round or whatever you want to call it would be out of 3 or 5 too.

Old
10-16-2005, 02:41 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
Not yet, sounds like next year.

There would be a round of 7 vs. 10 and 8 vs. 9 and then the playoffs as usual would be as usual. I think that pre-playoff round or whatever you want to call it would be out of 3 or 5 too.
Oh well that's better than 1 vs. 10. 2 vs. 9 and so on. But damn will hockey end in July?

P.S. One thing though I hope those rounds won't be best of 7. That won't be the highest quality of hockey.

Edit: I meant the 7-10 and 8-9 rounds.

Last edited by NYRGoalieGlut: 10-16-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Old
10-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Choice

I really hope they dont do that.. The playoffs would mean nothing.

The season is way too long already, theyd have to make it less than 82. If they do that. Some garbage teams will make the "playoffs"

Old
10-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmekel
I was at the game tonight, and I feel it's safe to say that I am officially a Henrik Lundqvist fan.
Definately, was at the game and Garden was rocking. It was so awesome to see the fans and Lundqvuist form a bond. We gave it to him and brought it for us. It feels good to go crazy for a guy thats playing hard for you. I dont know, it was just an awesome game to start the season (the team playing wise) off as someone going to the games.

Old
10-16-2005, 03:36 AM
Balej20*

If the rangers really do continue winning and playing well, I can't wait to see how many people randomly jump on the New York Rangers bandwagon, after not giving a HOOT about them for 7 years.

Old
10-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
If the rangers really do continue winning and playing well, I can't wait to see how many people randomly jump on the New York Rangers bandwagon, after not giving a HOOT about them for 7 years.
I'm the first. But not in a way I've always been a Rangers fan. I'm a Pens/Sabres fan... I pretty much used to hate the Rangers. (overpaid etc etc...)

But I wanted Jagr, Straka, Roszival, Rucinsky, Prucha, Nieminen, etc ..to do well.

And the effort I've seen in the first 6 games won me over.

Btw, Lundqvist is amazing.

Old
10-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I think I'm going to have dreams of Lundqvist. seeing it live, I can't say how great it was.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
No, still limited to 8 per conference.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
well it's still very early, but the effort has been there for the most part. that's really what most fans want. obviously winning is important, but after so many years of uninspired hockey a lot of fans are going to come back if the team keeps playing with heart. how many of us, presumably the die hards, can really say that we haven't been somewhat numbed over the past few seasons?

Old
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Of course. It's NY...

Just look at the past decade of bandwagonner Yankee fans. Before '96 I didn't know many Yankee fans, espcially on LI, nowadays every single NY politician, celebrity, and everyone you see on the streets is "a yankee fan all my life." I love how every call into WFAN, they have to start out by saying "i'm a diehard yankee fan all my life" as if to show they were a fan before the run of championships. The only real Yank fans are old men, little kids, or people near and around the Bronx. Anyone in between is a freaking bandwagonner. If you grew up during the 80's you were a Met fan, NY was a Met town...

Old
10-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Synergy27

Just a slight clarification. After the end buzzer, the puck was sliding down towards Henke and he enthusiastically whacked it towards the boards. It was elevated and ended up going over the glass and almost hit someone (who obviously wasnt expecting something like this to happen after the game was over). After congratulating all of his teammates, Henke went over to the fan to see if he/she was ok and then left for the locker room. When he was called back out as the first star he brought another puck with him and brought it over to the guy.

Really nice gesture by him. The Garden was absolutely electric last night, best atmosphere I've felt in the building in YEARS. I really hope this kid continues to impress as it has become more than obvious that we Ranger fans have been dying for someone to root for.

Old
10-16-2005, 02:30 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
I believe that was the name I heard.
No Mark Popovic, rookie traded from Anaheim...

JD called Lundqvist Holmqvqist last night...

Old
10-16-2005, 02:59 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

[QUOTE=synergy27]Just a slight clarification. After the end buzzer, the puck was sliding down towards Henke and he enthusiastically whacked it towards the boards. It was elevated and ended up going over the glass and almost hit someone (who obviously wasnt expecting something like this to happen after the game was over). After congratulating all of his teammates, Henke went over to the fan to see if he/she was ok and then left for the locker room. When he was called back out as the first star he brought another puck with him and brought it over to the guy.
QUOTE]

IMO this one was on the best parts of the game. I love to see the stuff away from the play, and this truly was one of those things you just dont see every game. He just seemed like he was so shocked that people got behind him that much. I mean to him, he just figured hes doing his job but shopping the puck, but to have MSG appreciate him that much, especially as a "foreigner", it has to be a really special experience.

After he flipped the puck up and over the glass, he could barely concentrate on getting the congratulations from his teammate - he was glued to that section and wanted to be sure no one got hurt.

I watched Rangers in 60 last night (rangers reply) and JD said he had never seen someone wave to the crowd [in response to the fans chanting "Lundqvist" and "Henrik"]. That was with a little over 2 mins to go..during play.

Who knows how far he goes with the Rangers and the NHL, but you couldnt ask for a better start.

Old
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
that would be amazing, but i think if blackburn was healthy then they wouldn't have drafted montoya

Olesz

Old
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I think I'm going to have dreams of Lundqvist. seeing it live, I can't say how great it was.
i agree, i just watched the recap on msg, and the game was so much better in person. its hard to even explain the ovations and applause he was getting.

Closed Thread