HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good for many of you die hard fans on this board...

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2005, 11:36 PM
303Joe

vCash: 500
Good for many of you die hard fans on this board...

that I've posted to or met in the past several years. I know it's only 6 games for you guys but you team despite the predictions is playing great hockey for you guys and I'm happy for most of you. I know there's a few knuckleheads on the board but I can't let a few bad guys not wish the good guys luck for their team. Just goes to show you can't listen to what experts predict. The Rangers have played very good hockey in this early year. You getting great defense balanced scoring and excellent goaltending. Most importantly your team is giving you a 110% effort every night and that is all you can ask for from your team. That's it guys take care figure I had to give you guys and you're team their due as I'm sure I gave you a hardtime when they were not playing to well. See you guys on Wendesday hopefully my Isles will snap out of it as they have looked awful in their 1st 5 games. They were horrible tonight from the drop of the puck to the final whistle. Hopefuly they atleast give us Isles fans a 100% effort in these 2 games I don't think it's much to ask for.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:46 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Wow a classy Isles fan, I thought it was like Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. I mean I hear they exist, but I didn't think it was true. Anyway all kidding aside, thanks. I saw your location and wondered if you were an Isles or Sabres fan and were surprised you were an Isles fan. Won't it be ironic if this year the Rangers will be good this year but like last season when the Isles were good they'll suck against the Isles like the Isles did against the Rangers? That team last season wasn't the team that we had that gave the least effort but it wasn't too great either and for some reason they showed up and killed the Isles every game (especially at the end when the Rangers started sucking more), I wonder if it'll be the reverse this year, a hard working team that sucks against the Isles. Strange but true.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Greyhounds

I second it.
From the parts of NYR games I've seen so far, they seem like a team that works hard and gives an honest effort, a pleasant change.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:54 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Wow a classy Isles fan, I thought it was like Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. I mean I hear they exist, but I didn't think it was true. Anyway all kidding aside, thanks. I saw your location and wondered if you were an Isles or Sabres fan and were surprised you were an Isles fan.
Hey Glut. I live in Port Jefferson on Long Island nowhere near Sabre country. Take care.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Levitate

yeah it's been a pleasant surprise so far...they look better coached than i think many of us thought they'd be, and renney has been saying just the kind of things you want him to say...

i'm sure we all just want them to keep it up and keep playing hard...thanks for the kind words and all.

Old
10-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Thanks for the props. Should be a good game later this week.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Wow a classy Isles fan, I thought it was like Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. I mean I hear they exist, but I didn't think it was true. Anyway all kidding aside, thanks. I saw your location and wondered if you were an Isles or Sabres fan and were surprised you were an Isles fan. Won't it be ironic if this year the Rangers will be good this year but like last season when the Isles were good they'll suck against the Isles like the Isles did against the Rangers? That team last season wasn't the team that we had that gave the least effort but it wasn't too great either and for some reason they showed up and killed the Isles every game (especially at the end when the Rangers started sucking more), I wonder if it'll be the reverse this year, a hard working team that sucks against the Isles. Strange but true.
This board is full of classy Isles fans, but we don't like to let them know we think so, because we don't want their egos to swell.

Old
10-16-2005, 09:45 AM
True Blue

It's still too early, Joe. But there are some things that are showing positive signs. Hope to see and have a beer with you soon enough.

Old
10-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Fletch

Thanks Joe...

will you be at the Garden on Wednesday?

It is only six games, but at least things look and feel different. We'll see what happens over the next 76 games.

Old
10-16-2005, 11:40 AM
BigE

It looked an awful lot like this in 01-02, after 25 games with the Rangers 1st in the East. They don't tally everything until April 19th and that is when I'll get really excited, or really not excited.

Anyone notice that after the long lay-off, Lindros is back? I hope it lasts, just for his sake...hate the Leafs.

Old
10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Fletch

I figured you'd notice...

BigE...I can't help but think that the year off was to his benefit. I missed the fighting the other night, unfortunately.

Closed Thread