HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundquist

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2005, 11:52 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

vCash: 500
The thing is most of the rebounds went in the corners but there were still some unneeded scoring chances created due to his rebounds. That said, I'm not sure it's possible NOT to create any rebound opportunities during a game.

Old
10-16-2005, 12:38 PM
TexMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
The thing is most of the rebounds went in the corners but there were still some unneeded scoring chances created due to his rebounds. That said, I'm not sure it's possible NOT to create any rebound opportunities during a game.
Rebounds are NOT bad... rebounds that arnt controlable by the D-men are bad..

So rebounds that go straight out infront of goal if there are no defenders there to pick em up are bad and its these rebounds that he ususally is really good at preventing.

Tex

Old
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Stinkin' Root Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy
Rebounds are NOT bad... rebounds that arnt controlable by the D-men are bad..

So rebounds that go straight out infront of goal if there are no defenders there to pick em up are bad and its these rebounds that he ususally is really good at preventing.

Tex
Like Rucchin's goal on the juicy rebound Berkhoel coughed up. I don't think I've ever seen a rebound trace the exact path of the original shot like that

Old
10-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkin' Root Beer
Like Rucchin's goal on the juicy rebound Berkhoel coughed up. I don't think I've ever seen a rebound trace the exact path of the original shot like that
I dont think it did. Rucchin shot it and it hit the D's feet and came back. I originally thought it was a rebound as well.

Old
10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
JCProdigy

Just a quick note on the goalie gloves. I heard alot of goalies saying that it is more difficult now to control the puck with the glove hand after the NHL made the gloves smaller then they were in the past.

Old
10-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Levitate

i think the rebounds are something lundqvist will improve on...there weren't a lot of *bad* ones yesterday, just a few that were a little dangerous. sometimes it's also hard to get a real read on how bad the rebounds on because some shots are just impossible to control.

but he got results, that's what matters

Old
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Just a quick note on the goalie gloves. I heard alot of goalies saying that it is more difficult now to control the puck with the glove hand after the NHL made the gloves smaller then they were in the past.
He had the same problem in Sweden with the big glove. He is really safe with "easy" shoots. But rarely "glues" hard shoots with the glove.

What he does best is staying with the rebound. He knows where its gooing and often pokes it away.

Old
10-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Peter The Great

I love this

Well, what I can say.

Congratulations to Rangers is maybe the best way to summarize. ;-)

He is the best swedish goalie talent ever, Pelle Lindbergh included. He is not only a talent, he used to be a talent, he broke some records in the SEL and proved his greatness. Now you see why, this is just not another "talent", he is already there. No question about it. Lundqvist has such a super strong self confidence too. Without any doubt he is working harder than ever, he is more motivated than ever. He seem to LOVE New York and the NHL. Perhaps he will adjust quicker than any of us expected.

Even in Sweden where we knew of his greatness, even we are a little bit suprised (but not much). He is usually above 90 procent... it's his normal game.

It must have been cool for him to face Brodeur, he own favorit goalie I believe.

Sooner or later he will become #1 goalie in any hockey team in the entire NHL. Weekes doesn't have to feel bad about this.

I truly hope that Weekes will keep the competition up though. If Weekes can compete with him than it's more a try sign that Weekes is a great goalie too, but no, most probably not as great as Lundqvist, time will tell.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:48 AM
TexMurphy

Reason I said that Henke is NOT on a streak atm is because he aint a streaky goaltender.

Over the last three seasons he has been consistently solid. Reason he had a down year two years ago was due to the Frölunda defense being crap and to make things worse Frölunda forwards not working defensivly. Still that year, his worst senior year, he played consistently. No slumbs and no hot streaks. Sure he can have *A* bad game but it is a isolated occurance and not a slumb or cold streak.

His consistent performance slowly increases as the season goes on. Still it doesnt become a hot streak that passes. Its just a increase in performance the closer the playoffs come.

This is due to his very strong mentality, motivation and work ethics.

Tex

Old
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Graveytrain

Speaking of no.1 goaltenders

Labarbera now has 3 wins... but hes not an NHL goalie according to the arrogant slob, and some posters here as well...

Bet you wont see the LA coach proclaiming to the press that his other tender is the no.1...

Old
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
SML

I happen to agree with the slob who thinks LaBarbera is not an NHL goalie. That guy was really shaky and I had NO confidence in his ability to get things done whatsoever, which is fine because he doesn't need ME to have condfidence in him. But he DOES need his teammates to have confidence in him, and I'm saying that if you can feel that by watching him, it's possible his teammates also may not be so confident in him either. Lundqvist OTOH, gives off a totally different vibe. You can FEEL it by watching him. You can tell that the teammates feel it too. It shows in their play. I haven't had a feeling about a goalies like this in a long long time. You just never know when the next great goalie is going to come along. I'm trying not to overdo it here, but I would let this guy ride the streak, as well as the team. Why mess with it if it's working?

BTW, I would really like to limit the use of the nickname "Henke" to people who are either a) from Sweden (you are grandfathered in)
or b) know him personally (you are greatgrandfathered in)
it's such a wierd nickname. Where do they get these from?? Henke??? Foppa??? They sound like guys on "Fraggle Rock"

Old
10-17-2005, 11:56 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
BTW, I would really like to limit the use of the nickname "Henke" to people who are either a) from Sweden (you are grandfathered in)
it's such a wierd nickname. Where do they get these from?? Henke??? Foppa??? They sound like guys on "Fraggle Rock"
Mr. Henke, the Christmas poop.....

Old
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML

It's better than Lundy, even if Lundmark is no longer a Ranger at some point.

Old
10-17-2005, 12:22 PM
larsmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I must say that us Swedes find many of your nicknames rather funny too I will call him Henke or Lunkan, but then I am a Swede.

Old
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Comes natrual in Swedish. Just like Martin becomes Marty in English. Though I agree somewhat, when I grew up my favorite players where known as (Stefan) "the shadow" Nilsson and (Thomas) "the bruise" Berglund , other hockey players in sweden where known as the ant and tough Viktor ect.

Thoose older guys had allot better nicknames then Henke and Foppa. It where better in the old days...

Old
10-17-2005, 12:26 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsmark
I must say that us Swedes find many of your nicknames rather funny too I will call him Henke or Lunkan, but then I am a Swede.
I can't understand how some people use Lunkan, I think it was some comentator who said it. He will always be Henke to Frölunda fans

Old
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Comes natrual in Swedish. Just like Martin becomes Marty in English. Though I agree somewhat, when I grew up my favorite players where known as (Stefan) "the shadow" Nilsson and (Thomas) "the bruise" Berglund , other hockey players in sweden where known as the ant and tough Viktor ect.

Thoose older guys had allot better nicknames then Henke and Foppa. It where better in the old days...
If Näslund was more famous in Sweden he would probably be called Macke or Näsa

Old
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Larry Melnyk

Just to add my worthless 2 cents about Lundqvist....After what he did in the SEL and the International stage the past few years, I expected (OK, maybe hoped for) nothing less despite many claims that he would have to "learn" the NA game (but the game has become more European) and the rinks.. I can't remember how may prospect goaltenders that wer ranked above him, but it seemed absurd to me...Anyway, boy is this kid going to have the Fans eating out of the palm of his hands...he has everything, the skill, the poise, the attitude, the looks...No problem with Weekes reagining the #1 spot when he comes back from injury but it woun't be long before Lundqvist grabs it and keeps it fot the next 5-6 years..And Alvaro Montoya will make a wonderful trading chip....

Old
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
broadwayblue

why only 5 or 6 years? if he's going to be the real deal shouldn't he be able to play for us for 10 years or more?

Old
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500
If Näslund was more famous in Sweden he would probably be called Macke or Näsa
hehe. I think he is called Mackan in Ö-Vik...

Old
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
why only 5 or 6 years? if he's going to be the real deal shouldn't he be able to play for us for 10 years or more?
I hope it is ten and he's a life-long Ranger, just figured with the FA getting lowere and lower, I'd be a little cautious...

Old
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
broadwayblue

Labarbera is at best a journeyman back up NHL goalie.

Old
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

We're two games into his NHL career and we already getting carried away.

Is there no middle ground around here anymore? It's all or nothing.

Old
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
We're two games into his NHL career and we already getting carried away.

Is there no middle ground around here anymore? It's all or nothing.
No carried away on my part...Just being consistent with how I felt from the start.....I leave the middle ground and fence sitting to others...Maybe that's why I'm wrong now and then..

Old
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
RANGER#11

[QUOTE=Levitate]renney has already made comments to the effect that weekes will still be the #1. I think that's fine, no reason to rush lundqvist into the #1 spot after just a few games. he's gonna have some bad games here and there and there's less pressure on him to share duties with weekes right now[/QUOTE what rush if he is playing well play him. He is use to playing with pressure.

Closed Thread