HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"CODE" Rumors involving Habs

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! to that.
Koivu's the perfect guy to lead and guide our team... our young team. He knows fight, he knows determination, he knows the attitude it takes to accomplish something and he will instill that into our guys.
Then I guess he'll know how to take a pay-cut because he'll need to if he wants to stick around.

Old
10-16-2005, 09:16 PM
siyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Habs would have to offer quality to get Richards. No way would T-Bay want Ribs as part of the deal.
forget Richards, we have nothing of quality to satisfy T-Bay
We have goalies... I bet they could be interested by Dannis, especially considering their cap problem

Old
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Habs would have to offer quality to get Richards. No way would T-Bay want Ribs as part of the deal.
forget Richards, we have nothing of quality to satisfy T-Bay

Give them Theodore for Richards and a pick. Montreal can then go sign a veteran goalie until the Danis and company are ready

Old
10-16-2005, 09:52 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I don't want Witt anymore. Souray, Komo, Bouillon, and Rivet all play physical against the boards, and Markov is a great poke-checker. I'm surprised at how competent we are defensively, actually. It's a puck-mover I want, someone who can make a decent first pass and doesn't like an incompetent fool on the PP. And at this point, the guy I'd scratch to get him into the lineup is Dandenault. So far, I'm not a fan of what he's brought to the team: dumb penalties, weak passing, and lackluster defense.
Very true..Montreal has been very good defensively this year in every game except for period two in Boston. Defence is not the problem right now!

Old
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
siyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlancRouge
Give them Theodore for Richards and a pick. Montreal can then go sign a veteran goalie until the Danis and company are ready
Yeah, really funny and how the hell do you think TB will pay Théo salary if they couldn't pay Khabi? Please try to be realistic when you propose something

Old
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
I dunno. does Ribs have much appeal to other GM`s?
I don`t think Ribs has much trading value at this point of the season, especially the way he`s been playing since the start of the season
here's what i would do, salary cap wise don't know if it would though?

to tampa bay:Theodore & 3rd
to montreal: Brad Richards

to Buffalo:Mike Ribeiro and Pierre Dagenais( the only way that Dags has value is if Ribs is included)
to montreal: Biron and a 3rd

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednick-Richards-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom
Pleckanek-Bégin-Higgins/Goon/Ivanans/Murray

Danis-Biron

Old
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Heh, for some reason, I think you guys underestimate the value of Theo and Ribeiro alot. As for getting Richard, I think it's possible, but don't know if I really want to trade some of the players we have for him. Tampa will want young players since salary is the only reason they'd trade.

So.. who could we trade to get him? Komisarek, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins..Ribeiro could actually be interesting for Tampa since for now he's relatively cheap, young, and can produce offensively. Unlike alot of you, 5 bad games don't change the opinion of GM much. Theo might not be playing well right now but I bet lots of team would love to have him right now, and yes even with his huge contract. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

As much as I like Brad Richards, I wonder if he'd actually help the team that much. In Tampa Brad has no pressure, everything is soaked up by Lecavalier. Playing behind him also help alot, no matter if you like the guy or not. Would he be the same in Montreal? Probably. Is he really needed? Doubt it. We have enough centers as is. We need a real offensive defense.

As far as Witt is concerned. The hell we need him for, let the leaf over-trade for him or something.

Old
10-17-2005, 12:59 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

MTL isn't winning the cup this year (just like they weren't going to win 82 games), so there's no point in making a blockbuster trade for Richards, whose career has been defined playing alongside Martin St. Louis. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he isn't worth trading away Theodore (who has more value than him) or the farm.
Montreal would be better off developing a team, and lets all hope that Gainey will do instead of overpaying for a "true number one center". Aslo, how accurate are prospect projections anyway. Chances are someone will step up and become a number one center, or they'll draft one.
I just don't see Richards succeeding in Montreal, with lesser talent alongside him, and I don't want to hear anything about Latendresse being the next Guy Lafleur, or whoever.
All IMO obviously, but flame away.

Also, let Witt be a liability somewhere else, and unless Mad Mad Mike is willing to accept middle of the road roster players, let Niinimaa stay there.

Old
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Teufelsdreck

A Ribeiro trade would be difficult to pull off unless it's part of a package. He's not even remotely close to a Brad Richards or a Vincent Cavalier. He's worth less now than he was at the end of the 2003-04 season because of the changes in all zones of the ice. Don't you guys realize that by now every GM has seen how Ribeiro has been struggling with the bigger defensive zone and the need to speed through an expanded neutral zone? Skating deficiencies and a puny physique will always haunt him.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCruiser_83
Daze is a no-no. Witt is a lateral move (Souray cough cough).

As for Richards, I'd trade the farm. All we're missing up-front to be a contender for the next 5-7 years is a premiere #1 center. Koivu might not come back next year and nobody in our system projects as a #1 center.

I can see us offering Ribs and Kostitsyn for starters... Maybe adding Ryder/Zednik to that would make them bite.

Latendresse-Richards-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Zednik/Ryder

Btw, maybe change the name of the thread. Code rumours don't seem to go over too well with the mods.

Daze is a fine player. But you never go after guys with back issues.

In case this code guy didn't know, Daze has been out since the 1st game of the season because his back troubles have flared up again.

Old
10-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
You guys are taking this rumor blog seriously?

Ya'll should be shot
It gives us a starting point for random discussion anyway, even if we all know that anybody on this board could have started "rumours" with just as much validity.

Eric Daze is just this decade's Benoit Hogue. Every rumour has him coming here, because maybe somebody somewhere thinks we're the only dumping ground that would even consider taking him, due to his heritage and our history of the last decade. But the reality is that with his career essentially finished, no team in the league, and especially not Bob Gainey, would give up anything at all for him and his big contract and blown back. He's a good red flag indicator for whether a rumour monger has any credibility at all, at least. Clearly this guy has no credibility.

Witt... I imagine there are approximately 29 teams monitoring that situation. Okay, maybe 20, because there are a handful of teams jammed so tight against the cap that Witt wouldn't fit in.

Richards... this is just reductio-post-Lecavalier/St.Louis-signing-ad-absurdum. It doesn't look to me like league popularity or revenues will be going down, so the cap shouldn't shrink, so the Bolts will be able to make room for Richards to get a raise. It's not really an issue.

On top of all that, I actually don't see the Habs being a team that would particularly want to make moves. I think they are pretty happy with the idea of growing from within with the core of young players and prospects that they have on the way, and really any trade speculation is just a way for us to amuse ourselves, I can't see it actually appealing much to the team management.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!

to Buffalo:Mike Ribeiro and Pierre Dagenais( the only way that Dags has value is if Ribs is included)

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednick-Richards-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Danis-Biron
I would do both trades. BUT would T-Bay and Buf follow. hmmm, not so sure.
cap issues could prevent both trades from happening. does T-Bay have cap space for Theo`s salary? and what about Buf`s cap space for Ribs and Dags. and would Buf be interrested in mr. Dags? I highly doubt it

Old
10-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
On Leafs Lunch today, they talked about Daze for a bit. Not about trade rumors.. Just about how he's dealing with more back problems...

They said it's likely that he will retire. No official word, they just think so. They said it's gotten really bad. So bad, that is it beginning to effect his normal life.. Playing with his kids, etc...

Old
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
The Power Forward

Daze = Big NONO

He have back problems and he's not very fast on skate.Sure he have a great shot and can score 25-30 goals but for some reason i don't see him being successful in the new NHL.At least not to the level that he was a few years ago.Plus he kinda sucks defensively

Witt i would have no problem with though and it could actually be a good addition to the team.

Old
10-17-2005, 06:10 PM
romain_jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednick-Richards-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Danis-Biron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
I would do both trades. BUT would T-Bay and Buf follow. hmmm, not so sure.
cap issues could prevent both trades from happening. does T-Bay have cap space for Theo`s salary? and what about Buf`s cap space for Ribs and Dags. and would Buf be interrested in mr. Dags? I highly doubt it
You are BOTH Crazy! You would trade Theodore and leave the reigns to Danis and Biron? Thank god you guys are not GM

Old
10-17-2005, 06:57 PM
oli500

If there is a player I would love for montreal to get it would be eric cole from carolina. Hes the type of player we need. He plays dirty and is a decent goal scorer. would love him on the 3 line. He would add another dimension to our line up. Brad richards would be nice but his asking price would be way to high in my opinion. Cole could be had for alot less im sure. Right now if we were to get richards it would take us a top six foward.

My trade propasal to car : Craig Rivet,Pierre Dagenais,corey lockee,2nd rounder,ron hainsey

to mtl:Eric Cole,Oleg Tverdovsky (could be a very useful asset in the new nhl)

Old
10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
You are BOTH Crazy! You would trade Theodore and leave the reigns to Danis and Biron? Thank god you guys are not GM
yeah, I`m actually glad I`m not GM.

Old
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
If there is a player I would love for montreal to get it would be eric cole from carolina. Hes the type of player we need. He plays dirty and is a decent goal scorer. would love him on the 3 line. He would add another dimension to our line up. Brad richards would be nice but his asking price would be way to high in my opinion. Cole could be had for alot less im sure. Right now if we were to get richards it would take us a top six foward.

My trade propasal to car : Craig Rivet,Pierre Dagenais,corey lockee,2nd rounder,ron hainsey

to mtl:Eric Cole,Oleg Tverdovsky (could be a very useful asset in the new nhl)
Cole is extremelly streaky. Sometimes he is amazing and other times he's always late on play and just float around. For a fair price i'd take a chance.

Right now he does very well, I think he would worth more than a 2nd rounder (the other 4 players ahve no trade value). It would take Ryder or markov probably

Old
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyms
Yeah, really funny and how the hell do you think TB will pay Théo salary if they couldn't pay Khabi? Please try to be realistic when you propose something

If I am not mistaken Khabi is making the 7million max...Theodore is making 5 per year on avg. Less the salary Richars is making I think TB could afford Theodore.

Last edited by BlueBlancRouge: 10-17-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old
10-17-2005, 08:18 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime

Funny thing is neither TB or Buffalo would make those trades....Buffalo might make that trade because they have Miller and a very good goalie in the AHL...his name slips my mind right now. But if I was the Montreal GM I could and I could get my hands on Both Richards and Biron for Theodore and Ribeiro I'm 90% sure i would pull the trigger! Just my 2cents but I think Biron is not as good as Theodore but not that far off at the same time. Given that Danis has played very well his last couple of years in the AHL and has had a good start to his NHL carreer I think a tandem of Biron and Danis splitting games could work. It would only be until Carey Price is ready. In every trade you have to give somethiong to get something ...sure we loose skill at the goalie position but there are some good goalies not far behind with Danis and Price and Biron is a young good goalie. Richards is by far a better player then Ribeiro so the trade actualy works.

Old
10-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlancRouge
If I am not mistaken Khabi is making the 7million max...Theodore is making 5 per year on avg. Less the salary Richars is making I think TB could afford Theodore.
Richards: 3.5M
Théo: 5.3

Old
10-17-2005, 08:33 PM
sposman

Theo's got value, regardless of what you think of him. The problem is that his bloated salary almost makes it impossible to move him unless a player with an equal salary is coming back. Good or bad, Theo is hear for the duration of his contract.

Closed Thread