HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurme

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Connecticut

vCash: 500
Hurme

Thing that I find strange here is if Florida, having taken Valiquette, had to expose Hurme... Doesn't that mean that Atlanta had to expose one of Dafoe or Nurminen? And if so, why didn't someone claim him?

Old
10-03-2003, 09:05 PM
PecaFan

Yes, they would have had to. But if they exposed Dafoe, there would have been 3.5 million reasons why nobody would have picked him up.

Old
10-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
Yes, they would have had to. But if they exposed Dafoe, there would have been 3.5 million reasons why nobody would have picked him up.

except he's only getting paid 1.7...

Old
10-03-2003, 11:27 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut
Thing that I find strange here is if Florida, having taken Valiquette, had to expose Hurme... Doesn't that mean that Atlanta had to expose one of Dafoe or Nurminen? And if so, why didn't someone claim him?
Not at all.. because Atlanta did not claim Hurme off waivers... they traded a 4th rounder to the team that did claim him.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:30 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin
except he's only getting paid 1.7...
According to the NHLPA, he's getting $3.5 mil...

http://nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLAYERS...o1.asp?ID=1216

Old
10-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
According to the NHLPA, he's getting $3.5 mil...

Sportsforcaster has him at 1.25M but I was told in the chatroom that that's wrong and it's really 1.7....

Old
10-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin
Sportsforcaster has him at 1.25M but I was told in the chatroom that that's wrong and it's really 1.7....
He will make $3.5 million this year. The authoritative site for salaries is NHLPA.com as the contracts are actually filed with the NHLPA.

Old
10-08-2003, 09:37 AM
maruk14

Bump ... new news in this fiasco. TSN is reporting Edmonton reclaimed Valiquette when Florida tried to pass him through waivers to send him down. Should be interesting to see if Dudley loses his job. Florida better not struggle to begin the season or he may. Worst move by a GM I can remember for some time.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruk14
Bump ... new news in this fiasco. TSN is reporting Edmonton reclaimed Valiquette when Florida tried to pass him through waivers to send him down. Should be interesting to see if Dudley loses his job. Florida better not struggle to begin the season or he may. Worst move by a GM I can remember for some time.
Are you serious? Dudley has some serious issues...is Shields that much cheaper than Hurme? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Hurme is certainly a tonne better than Shields. Pathetic job of maximizing his assets value. I'd be damn near ready to kill Burke for a blunder like this (I jest, mostly )

Old
10-08-2003, 05:55 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Are you serious? Dudley has some serious issues...is Shields that much cheaper than Hurme? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Hurme is certainly a tonne better than Shields. Pathetic job of maximizing his assets value. I'd be damn near ready to kill Burke for a blunder like this (I jest, mostly )
Actually I don't think neither Hurme or Shields would be seeing all that many games behind Luongo this season. Boston is paying half of Shields paycheck, so Shields is considerably cheaper than Hurme. It was also made public that Hurme did not want to be second fiddle on any team. Who knows.. maybe Hurme was quietly complaining about his situation.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
Actually I don't think neither Hurme or Shields would be seeing all that many games behind Luongo this season. Boston is paying half of Shields paycheck, so Shields is considerably cheaper than Hurme. It was also made public that Hurme did not want to be second fiddle on any team. Who knows.. maybe Hurme was quietly complaining about his situation.
Possibly, although how is Atlanta a better situation? Dafoe/Nurminen/Lehtonen and now Hurme? Must suck to be him Carolina would have been ideal-Weekes is garbage and I bet Hurme could have supplanted him. Certainly better than their current backup.

Old
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Possibly, although how is Atlanta a better situation?
I agree he went from bad to worse. Too bad he couldn't decide where he goes himself. I personally feel that Hurme is an upgrade over Irbe, Weekes AND Storr. I don't see why Carolina didn't keep him instead of signing Storr. But Storr does have potential and we will have too see how he does in the presureless Carolina.

Closed Thread