HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf Skates

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
CanesRock

vCash: 500
Graf Skates

I play and ref inline hockey. I currently have CCM 1152 skates with an inline chassis on them and they have worked pretty good for the last 4 years. However, I do need a new pair of skates and since I ref so much and am on my feet for 20+ hours over the course of a weekend, I want to get the best and most comfortable. There are so many different model graph skates. Which would be good reffing and recreational play. Oh yeah..I have a wide foot too. Anyone know of good websites to check out for additional info or where to look into getting customized skates?

Old
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Ri hards

http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/hockeyskates_a.html

Middle of the page.

Old
11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
chum

it's the best if you go to a local shop that sells graf and have their salesman look/meausre your feet to see which model fits you the best.

then, if you want to save money. you remember what size/model you needed and buy online.

but, if you are comfortable with what you already have. i'd say you should just stick with it.

Old
11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Gallagbi
Formerly Eazy_B97

Each Graf model fits differently. The 705, 707 and 709 are the "wider" fitting models. Try before you buy.

Old
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
DaveyCrockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum
it's the best if you go to a local shop that sells graf and have their salesman look/meausre your feet to see which model fits you the best.

then, if you want to save money. you remember what size/model you needed and buy online.

but, if you are comfortable with what you already have. i'd say you should just stick with it.
Thats a very tight thing to do. The extra money you pay at a LHS is worth the service you get.

Old
11-14-2005, 07:21 PM
chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
Thats a very tight thing to do. The extra money you pay at a LHS is worth the service you get.
i bought mine locally. i was just offering him an alternative option. not everyone is capable of dropping $400 for a pair of skates.

Old
11-15-2005, 09:44 AM
slumpy43

One thing about Grafs. Awesome skates with durability being their only downfall. That might be a problem for you since 20 hours a week is a lot of skating. Unless money is an issue, you should be very happy with the comfortif you like them right from the start.

Closed Thread