HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

J-S Aubin?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 12:25 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
J-S Aubin?

With Fleury signing, the Pens have placed him on waivers. Is he worth putting a claim on???

Old
10-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Slats432

The Oilers have a lot of confidence in Conklin. Valiquette/Martin/Madden or whoever in Toronto is fine. No goaltending needs on this club.

Old
10-08-2003, 12:35 PM
woody

No for the Oilers but I would think Florida might.

Old
10-08-2003, 12:40 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
No for the Oilers but I would think Florida might.
Apparently they're collecting.

Old
10-08-2003, 12:50 PM
mrhockey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
The Oilers have a lot of confidence in Conklin. Valiquette/Martin/Madden or whoever in Toronto is fine. No goaltending needs on this club.
Theres a vast difference between quality and quantity. I know Aubin has proven SQUAT at the NHL level but Conklin doesnt seem to be the kind of guy that we can use to give Salo 20+ games off a year. We NEED Tommy to be well rested for the playoffs this year

I have to say when i heard about aubin being waived i thought about picking him up. But wouldnt that mean a)FLA would get a crack at him first (theyre a worse team) b)we'd have to waive one of our goalies? besides, i think aubin makes too much cash for what the oilers need of him.

Can somebody please tell me why we let Juice go?

Old
10-08-2003, 01:01 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
Theres a vast difference between quality and quantity. I know Aubin has proven SQUAT at the NHL level but Conklin doesnt seem to be the kind of guy that we can use to give Salo 20+ games off a year. We NEED Tommy to be well rested for the playoffs this year

I have to say when i heard about aubin being waived i thought about picking him up. But wouldnt that mean a)FLA would get a crack at him first (theyre a worse team) b)we'd have to waive one of our goalies? besides, i think aubin makes too much cash for what the oilers need of him.

Can somebody please tell me why we let Juice go?
Anyone who saw Conklin play last year can attest to how good he is, and that he deserves a shot. I wouldn't rate JS Aubin much higher than Conklin, nor would I trust him to give Salo 20+ games off more than Conklin.

Florida doesn't need him. They have Shields and Luongo, hence the reason that they let Valiquette go on waivers.

The Oilers let Juice go because they were going to have to lose either Markkanen or Conklin (or they felt they would). It also comes down to the fact that Conklin makes about $300k less a season.

Old
10-08-2003, 01:12 PM
man.from.sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
Theres a vast difference between quality and quantity. I know Aubin has proven SQUAT at the NHL level ...I have to say when i heard about aubin being waived i thought about picking him up. But wouldnt that mean a)FLA would get a crack at him first (theyre a worse team) b)we'd have to waive one of our goalies? besides, i think aubin makes too much cash for what the oilers need of him.

While Aubin probably isn't (Well, certainly isn't) the best goalie in the world, he does have a 20 win season under his belt (and I think he might have been above .500 that year as well). Not awe inspiring by any means, but I would say that he isn't completely unproven.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
The Oilers let Juice go because they were going to have to lose either Markkanen or Conklin (or they felt they would). It also comes down to the fact that Conklin makes about $300k less a season.
Also because his qualifying offer had to be about $850,000, which was more than double his salary last year, and more than twice Conklin's if I'm not mistaken.

Closed Thread