HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

re: Comrie for Pitakanen

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 05:41 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
re: Comrie for Pitakanen

I'd say you trade that little squirt for a big prospect like pitkanen...leclair's out...how bad does clarke need a forward?

Old
10-08-2003, 05:49 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I'd say you trade that little squirt for a big prospect like pitkanen...leclair's out...how bad does clarke need a forward?
U forget Pitkanen is the second coming of Jesus
secondly isn't Lecairs injury only out 2-4 weeks can't he get a rookie to fill in for that time and what would he do with Comrie when Leclair comes back?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Seachd

Well, that would definitely fit McKenzie's description of "top-flight" prospect, but there's one reason it won't happen - Philadelphia wouldn't do it. I would in a second, but I have a hard time believing the Flyers would even think about it.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

I would do it but i doubt philly would...Doesnt make a whole lot of sence...What if we traded comrie to phoenix for a first? and hope we win the draft lottery...would they do that?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:09 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
I would do it but i doubt philly would...Doesnt make a whole lot of sence...What if we traded comrie to phoenix for a first? and hope we win the draft lottery...would they do that?
*drools* .... wouldnt that just make my freaking YEAR!!!! man id be sooooo excited

Old
10-08-2003, 06:17 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
*drools* .... wouldnt that just make my freaking YEAR!!!! man id be sooooo excited
Hmmm i wonder what it would take for us to a first round pick from someone like phoenix or carolina?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:22 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Hmmm i wonder what it would take for us to a first round pick from someone like phoenix or carolina?
not really sure, i would say comrie is worth their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus a prospect.... because we all know how 1st rounders are like money in the back right? LMAO

the team i think will end up last in the league though is pittsburgh, but they are in rebuild mode and would never trade this years 1st pick

Old
10-08-2003, 07:33 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
not really sure, i would say comrie is worth their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus a prospect.... because we all know how 1st rounders are like money in the back right? LMAO

the team i think will end up last in the league though is pittsburgh, but they are in rebuild mode and would never trade this years 1st pick
true and phoenix doesnt need a player like comrie...they just traded Briere and he is IMO like comrie but not quite as good

Old
10-08-2003, 07:36 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
well that is a HUGE risk - but you could do this deal:
Comrie
for
first

and there is a condition that if the first turns into #1 overall the Oilers have to include their first, if it turns into anything else they include a third and the other team includes a second. OMG!!!! Look five years down the road boys and girls:
Mikhnov-Ovechkin-Hemsky

Sorry, but you can hand over the cup RIGHT NOW

Old
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
Never happen, but from what i hear, Clarke is very high on Comrie. Maybe we can pry Woywitka out their organization. That kid has 'Jason Smith protege' written all over him. On a completely different proposal, as far as the chances of us going for a stud d-man prospect. I say we target Komisarek from MTL. Sure he is very close to untouchable, but if I am Gainey, and my team stumbles out of the gate(offensively), i would have to take a long look at this proposal. Comrie would be inserted directly into the line up, taking on 2nd line centre duties over, adding scoring depth, while not sacrificing a current roster player. In all likelyhood none of these trades would take place, short of a depseration act(more suited for a trade deadline deal in an effort to make the playoffs). You simply just don't trade stud defense prospects. Perhaps make an overpay, and dangle Comrie + Laraque/Bergeron under there noses, with a pick being added from their side. We all know how the Habs love their french Canadian palyers.

Comrie + Bergeron for Komisarek + 4th .... thoughts?

Old
10-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Would we Oiler fans listen to offers for Ales Hemsky?

Then why would other teams give up their top prospect?
I've been hearing proposals for M. Komiserak, J. Pitkanen, T. Ruutu, K. Koltsov, etc. not alot of teams will trade away there Ales Hemsky.

Old
10-08-2003, 09:59 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0

Comrie + Bergeron for Komisarek + 4th .... thoughts?
No way. MTL wins HUGE in this deal.

Old
10-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
No way. MTL wins HUGE in this deal.
That is my point exactly. If we want to get a future #1 D-man stud, we are going to have to overpay. Its as simple as that. But look at the upside, we take a player not even on our roster(Comrie) plus a #6 D-man and turn it into a #2 D-man:

Brewer-Komisarek
Semenov-Staios
Smith-Cross

Its an overpay no question about it, but it looks pretty sweet to me. Just a matter of how bad you want a Pitkonen/Coburn/Komisarek type.

Old
10-09-2003, 05:07 AM
joepaco

monteal is in love with Komi

they will never trade him

Old
10-09-2003, 06:26 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepaco
monteal is in love with Komi

they will never trade him
They're in love with him yet, he is a healthy scratch tonight.....tough love I guess.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:35 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Would we Oiler fans listen to offers for Ales Hemsky?

Then why would other teams give up their top prospect?
I've been hearing proposals for M. Komiserak, J. Pitkanen, T. Ruutu, K. Koltsov, etc. not alot of teams will trade away there Ales Hemsky.
The thing is that those players haven't proven a single thing yet. I agree that Ruutu and Pitkanen are completely untouchable - but Komi and Koltsov could be had for a decent price. I don't understand how you could compare any of their value's besides Ruutu's to Hemsky! None of them have near the skill or scoring potential (Ruutu, maybe).

Closed Thread