HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr quote from the Daily News

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2005, 06:36 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Jagr quote from the Daily News

Jagr was asked moments after the final buzzer whether he wanted to pinch himself.

"Oh, it's real," he said, grinning. "And it can get better."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-304101c.html

We've all known that a motivated Jagr can be the best offensive player in the game, he seems to be motivated again.

Also after last nights game they spoke to him and he made a comment about the Rangers allowing him to do what he does best and that they supported him and that he loves it here.

Motivated to be the best and determined show that the support the Rangers have shown is appreciated I think that we may be seeing a special season from a Rangers player since Messier's 107 point season back in 91-92.

Current pace puts Jagr on the 70 goal mark and 117 points for the year, if things can get better as he states, a more realistic number would be 50+ and 120+ for the year.

let's just hope that he can start both setting his line-mates up and scoring at even strength.

Old
10-18-2005, 07:23 AM
interminded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
Jagr was asked moments after the final buzzer whether he wanted to pinch himself.

We've all known that a motivated Jagr can be the best offensive player in the game, he seems to be motivated again.

Also after last nights game they spoke to him and he made a comment about the Rangers allowing him to do what he does best and that they supported him and that he loves it here.

Motivated to be the best and determined show that the support the Rangers have shown is appreciated I think that we may be seeing a special season from a Rangers player since Messier's 107 point season back in 91-92.

Current pace puts Jagr on the 70 goal mark and 117 points for the year, if things can get better as he states, a more realistic number would be 50+ and 120+ for the year.

let's just hope that he can start both setting his line-mates up and scoring at even strength.
I don't want to be the negative one here, because I really am fond of the Rangers and I do like Jagr.
But I think if Jagr makes between 50and 60 goals and around the same number of assists he really had a great season.
120+ is a bit much IMO.

All in all, I wish him and the Rangers all my best and luck !

Old
10-18-2005, 07:55 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
I don't want to be the negative one here, because I really am fond of the Rangers and I do like Jagr.
But I think if Jagr makes between 50and 60 goals and around the same number of assists he really had a great season.
120+ is a bit much IMO.

All in all, I wish him and the Rangers all my best and luck !
it wasn't bit much when he had 149 points...
if that Jagr shows up we have a cup.

Old
10-18-2005, 07:58 AM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
it wasn't bit much when he had 149 points...
if that Jagr shows up we have a cup.
149 points was 10 years ago my friend..
Even a natural talent like Jagr does age... and so will his numbers.
Nontheless, if he can maintain this kind of level he could do 100 points, with already would be a great achievement.

IMO

Old
10-18-2005, 08:05 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Not even a matter of aging... Jags is 33. It's more the transition of fundamentals in the NHL. I don't think anyone will score 149 pts for a long, long time. This year's top scorer might have 120... maybe it'll be Jags. But, yeah, why can't he score at even strength?

Old
10-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Ola

Though Jagr is not as fast as he was back then. He can still build up speed but is more of a hulking skater. Jagr still scores highlights goals but back then he was called a "highlight machine". Probably more effective now though.

Old
10-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Its a PP Goal

As long as the refs keep calling obstruction (10 years too late) Jagr and the Rangers have a chance to be successful. Someone will score 50 goals, someone will get 100 points and goalies will actually face more than 20 shots on goal per game. If the refs start letting things go the team will be in trouble.

Old
10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

JD hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666

People can disagree and say a professional should always play at his top. But as JD said, Jagr is very sensitive and he has to feel liked and needed. Renney has made that connection with him. Sather has gone out his his way to surround Jagr with fimilar players and people who work well with him. If you listen to what Jagr said during the OLN telecast, that Renney is not afraid to let his assistants coach and teach. He is not threaten by their doing that. That tells the players that we are all in this together and that we are all working as a team with one common goal. Renney has been quick to dole out accolades to his assistants, like whose idea it was to do West Point, etc.

Old
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
As long as the refs keep calling obstruction (10 years too late) Jagr and the Rangers have a chance to be successful. Someone will score 50 goals, someone will get 100 points and goalies will actually face more than 20 shots on goal per game. If the refs start letting things go the team will be in trouble.
Of course, if the refs DO keep calling obstruction, Jagr will ALSO lead the team with 220 PIM.

Old
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Kostik

Jagr said in czech press like week ago that he has still very weak wrist(he had broken finger from WCH2005), and that he can't shoot quickly still...
True is, that Jagr likes good locker atmosphere, and i read that he and other czechs are laughing and joking all the time...looks like good move in summer by Sather

However, i think if Jagr makes more than 100 points it will be a little miracle...
Rangers success rely on goaltending i think

Old
10-18-2005, 01:02 PM
BlueShirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik
While I agree with that, they are playing great defense. So far none of our goalies have had to stand on their heads and singlehandedly win games.

I think the biggest reason for our early success is in Rucinsky's quote in the same article...

"We're a well-coached team right now and that's a credit to those guys. They get us ready for every game and we have a game plan. You can see that we have a system and everybody's sticking to it."

When is the last time someone could say that about a Ranger coaching staff? Keenan maybe?

Old
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
while I think that a team should be built from the nets out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik
Jagr said in czech press like week ago that he has still very weak wrist(he had broken finger from WCH2005), and that he can't shoot quickly still...
True is, that Jagr likes good locker atmosphere, and i read that he and other czechs are laughing and joking all the time...looks like good move in summer by Sather

However, i think if Jagr makes more than 100 points it will be a little miracle...
I don't believe for one second that this teams success or good fortune has been because of the play in nets.

I don't think that our goalies have stolen a point for us, in fact the opposite is a better reflection of our current state.

Weeks giving up the softie to Ryder against the Habs and Lundqvist getting fooled on what he thought was a wrap around that put him out of position to stop the high shot from Rafalski.

And in the Caps game, the Rangers just didn't have the same effort we've seen in the other 6 games.

The Goaltending will be a factor for the Rangers, but I don't believe the team lives and dies with it.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Though Jagr is not as fast as he was back then. He can still build up speed but is more of a hulking skater. Jagr still scores highlights goals but back then he was called a "highlight machine". Probably more effective now though.
Oh yeah, Ola, I agree completely, especially with the "hulking skater" statement. He is now at the heaviest he's ever been - 245 lbs, and the way he has definitely lost finesse in his skating. When he skates, he looks more like Holik barrelling down on his opponent, except that Jagr is not physical. Thankfully, he still has magic hands and vision.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
IMO, the Montreal game Weekesie stole us one point. Despite the softie, his good goaltending got us there.

Jagr is gunna score 50 goals, maybe more.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Jagr should be motivated he has all his buddies here so I think he is very happy and ready to make a run at the playoffs.

Old
10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
shoothepuck

Of course he's making a run at the playoffs, and from the looks of things, so is every other player at this point. Jagr want's to win and so should every other Ranger.

Closed Thread