HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That's as fun as paint drying (and just as healthy drinking it!)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 05:46 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
That's as fun as paint drying (and just as healthy drinking it!)

Do we need to get a PP QB in there or do we need to switch around some guys? It didn't look pretty.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:12 PM
DW

vCash: 500
I'm not sure what the problem was tonite. It didn't really seem to me that we moved the puck real well. Some new guys out there didn't help. plus I thought Chi played pretty well tonite. They were pretty aggressive in the 2nd and 3rd period. We also really don't have anyone that can finish right now. We're a little thin in that area without the holdouts.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:14 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Time to really shake up the group? Like send some players down and bring some up if they don't knock it off in a week?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Bouchard almost had a goal. If he had only went top shelf during that late 2nd period scramble...

Old
10-08-2003, 06:39 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Time to really shake up the group? Like send some players down and bring some up if they don't knock it off in a week?
A week? I think you gotta give the guys a little time. Pretty early to be calling for changes, IMO.

Nice to see better faceoff stats. (always looking for silver)

Old
10-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Jbcraig1883

I agree...we need a good PP QB who is a defenseman in my opinion. Zholtok is good but there were too many potential short-handed chances in my opinion.
I think Brandner looked pretty darn good..along with Brunette. Brandner can hold his own behind the net, but can skate better than Bruno. I'd like to see those two with Gabby on the PP...but we all know we won't see that soon.
My last comment is that I feel Schultz is one of the top 3 D man. I don't know if he doesn't skate hard in practice or what, but I don't think Bombardir, Roche and Brown should be dressed over him.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Hecht

good no darby no johnson!

They had their chances they just couldn't capitalize tonight..Thibault was good for the hawks tonight. It looked like everyone was still getting used to each other out there.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Dan-o

I don't think the Wild played too badly. We didn't have anybody to finish the plays, but we controlled this game for the most part.

And it was GREAT to see Chouinard take 3 straight offensive-zone faceoffs in the last 35 seconds. Way to go Marc. That's why we brought you here. If you'd been on the Wild last year, we might not have lost Game 1 of the Vancouver series.

I thought it was a pretty good game for 1-0. I wasn't bored at all. Maybe because it was the first game, but there were some good chances. Thibault looked good. So did Daigle. And DAMN, Brandner is strong on the puck. Great work along the boards.

Burns didn't look out of place. Only concern I have with him is that he seemed to dump the puck into Chicago's zone pretty quick. I don't know if he lacks confidence in his passing or puck-handling, but the dump-ins looked a little premature to me sometimes.

PP didn't look pretty. I don't know why they insist on trying to start a traditional PP scheme. We're good along the half-boards. No need to change it, especially with our lack of a good d-man for the point. I don't like putting forwards as the last line of defense.

Old
10-08-2003, 08:12 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
At least those forwards aren't Hendrickson and Marshall

Old
10-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I like this Brandner kid...he is huge on the puck and looks like he can throw the body...reminds me of a young Lindros without the offensive talent...maybe that'll develop...who knows?

Burns didn't look too bad, he basically filled in for Park, and did a fine job.

Daigle had some decent chances...looks like he's keeping it simple. Zyuzin did the same after coming over last year.

Big question is...Will Fernandez start against the Rangers Friday?

Old
10-09-2003, 11:04 AM
DW

Quote:
Will Fernandez start against the Rangers Friday?
I would say that he will be the starter.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:42 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
I like this Brandner kid...he is huge on the puck and looks like he can throw the body...reminds me of a young Lindros without the offensive talent...maybe that'll develop...who knows?
You do know that he is 28, right? I think what we see with him is what we get, he won't develop much, maybe adjust to NA game a little better. In any case, I like this guy as well, he is a good addition.

Old
10-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
You do know that he is 28, right? I think what we see with him is what we get, he won't develop much, maybe adjust to NA game a little better. In any case, I like this guy as well, he is a good addition.

Sorry, no, I didn't know that. In that case, I would say that he'll be a decent third/fourth liner...or at the least, a decent call up.

Closed Thread