HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Todd Harvey Again??

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 12:05 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Todd Harvey Again??

Well Harvey is on the block, and I really think the Rangers should try to get him back. He had his best year as a Ranger but that was due to #99. With the concussion he had last year, he is cleared to play. Im willing to take a chance on him again. What do you think it would cost? How about Todd Harvey to Rangers for Dale Purinton and 5th round pick in 2004? Problem where would we put Harvey. Id put him with Holik and Lundmark. Have Harvey and LaCouture switch places every few games.

Old
10-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Im willing to take a chance on him again. What do you think it would cost? How about Todd Harvey to Rangers for Dale Purinton and 5th round pick in 2004?
You want to bring back an oft concussed guy, who would bring the only type of game that this team has in abundance (checker/pest) and to get him you want to trade from the biggest weakness on the team (defensive depth)??? AND a 5th??

Ouch..

The "Heartbeat" was fun to watch, but he doesn't help a thing right now..

Old
10-08-2003, 12:42 PM
woody

Quote:
Well Harvey is on the block, and I really think the Rangers should try to get him back. He had his best year as a Ranger but that was due to #99. With the concussion he had last year, he is cleared to play. Im willing to take a chance on him again. What do you think it would cost? How about Todd Harvey to Rangers for Dale Purinton and 5th round pick in 2004? Problem where would we put Harvey. Id put him with Holik and Lundmark. Have Harvey and LaCouture switch places every few games.
I am sure if the Rangers wanted Harvey they could have him for free if they pick-up his contract.

Old
10-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Barnaby

I'll take Harvey if they take Simon

Old
10-08-2003, 03:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Dude, slow down. There is a reason why he's available (not to mention every other player you want the Rangers to pick up on waivers or trade).

The Rangers have too many forwards as it is right now. Not to mention that Harvey gets headaches and concussiong symptons if the building is too loud. Please tell me what he brings to this team that Barnaby, Lacouture and Keefe don't.

Also, please remember that Harvey is slated to make 1.3M. That's 1.3 for a checker for whom it is medically dangerous for him to check.

10-08-2003, 03:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'll take Harvey if they take Simon
I'd take Keefe over Simon or Harvey.

Old
10-08-2003, 03:19 PM
RFAN

Quote:

Are you crazy? You can get him for nothing and that's about all he is worth here! I believe Gravey is not signed, maybe we should bring him back too.

We need to move forward not take steps back.

Old
10-08-2003, 03:43 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
He gets headaches during games because the arenas are too loud. No thanks!

Old
10-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

How quickly they forget: Harvey wasn't protected in the waiver draft. He's been assigned to the Cleveland Barons and from what I've seen is going to report to them shortly.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
He gets headaches during games because the arenas are too loud. No thanks!
Is still take him over Simon

Old
10-09-2003, 07:30 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

If he was a blueliner this point would be moot.
Otherwise I agree that there are other forwards on the roster, or in Hartford I would prefer to see out there. Todd was a fun ranger, but honestly if we are going to bring someone back it should be gravey not harvey. If we need a checker we should inquire with the ATL to get Petrovicky back

Closed Thread