HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good 3 game test

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Good 3 game test

The next 3 games will be a great test on this team imo. At Col, next night at Dallas then finish on Sunday at home with Cal. 3 contending teams in the west. It's great we beat depleted Cbus and Minn, we should have won those games. Now we play against the big boys and it'll be interesting to see how we respond. To go 0-3 would say a lot. To come out with 3 points would be a success imo. Hopefully we can compete each night and come out with some points. Good litmus test for the Kings.

Last edited by Fat Elvis: 10-18-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
KingTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
The next 3 games will be a great test on this team imo. At Col, next night at Dallas then finish on Sunday at home with Cal. 3 contending teams in the west. It's great we beat depleted Cbus and Minn, we should have won those games. Now we play against the big boys and it'll be interesting to see how we respond. To go 0-3 would say a lot. To come out with 3 points would be a success imo. Hopefully we can compete each night and come out with some points. Good litmus test for the Kings, we don't have any major injuries(Bure) so we don't have any real excuses.

I agree. 3 points would be acceptable. I'd like to think that we can seperate ourselves from some of these teams. Beating the Avs is definitely a possibility with the early troubles their having. The next night in Dallas will be a tough test. If we come away with a point there, that'd be good. Then to finish up with Calgary at home where we've been playing well will be a real barometer for this team. The Avs game seems to be the key. If we don't get any points there, the next two games look even more daunting.

Old
10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
we don't have any major injuries
Ehi buddy...is it a jinxing attempt?

I don't like that sentence...
Re-edit your post NOW

Old
10-18-2005, 12:48 PM
kingbrath

im thinking we take the Avs and Flames game but drop the Dallas game. Im assuming Garon will start in net against the Avs?

Old
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i just hope that Sunday isn't the day that the Calgary Flames decide to wake up.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Ehi buddy...is it a jinxing attempt?

I don't like that sentence...
Re-edit your post NOW

Old
10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
johnjm22

Anything less then 4 points in the next 3 games is unacceptable IMO. If we really are a good team, then we should go above .500 over the next 3 games. The Dallas game will be tough though, It's a back-to-back situation.

If we lose to Colorado or Calgary it will probably be because of Garon.

Old
10-18-2005, 02:08 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Anything less then 4 points in the next 3 games is inacceptable IMO. There's no reason we shouldn't beat Colorado and Calgary. Just because they've had good teams in the past doesn't mean they're good this season. The Dallas game will be tough though, It's a back-to-back situation.

Whoa! Dont get crazy now. The Kings have had some nice games but we still are not in the same class as any of these 3 teams.

Old
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
kingbrath

I think Garon is going to start changing some opinions pretty soon.

Old
10-18-2005, 02:10 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
Whoa! Dont get crazy now. The Kings have had some nice games but we still are not in the same class as any of these 3 teams.
explain?

Old
10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I think the Kings are as good as if not better than all three of these teams. Their problem has been playing the whole 60 minutes. If they can do that they could easily outclass those teams.

Old
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Completely disagree. I'll be disappointed if we don't get 4 out of 6 points out of the next three games.

- T

Old
10-18-2005, 04:39 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Completely disagree. I'll be disappointed if we don't get 4 out of 6 points out of the next three games.

- T
i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I was about to make a sarcastic comment along the same lines, but you beat me to it. I mean... Garon has had a whole 3 games (way too long) to prove that he's a #1 and he's little more than a liability at this point. The team should cut their losses, trade him and have LaBarbara play all 3 games on this road trip. Afterall, Garon will just lose them for the Kings, anyways

Old
10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Mindcircus

I say we tie the Avs and win the Stars revenge game. Calgary is going to snap out of their early season slump sooner than later so i think we'll lose to them. I agree though, 3 points would be more than acceptable.

Old
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
I say we tie the Avs...

Old
10-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I need a new bulb...

Still getting used to the new rules. This is the second time i've mentioned ties this year. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Last edited by Mindcircus: 10-18-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old
10-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I expecT nothing less then 4 points and I think we can get 6.

Go Kings Go!!!

Old
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
All_the_Kings_Men

This is the greatest test so far this season. Going on the road playing the traditional Western Conference power-houses (Colorado/Dallas) and then coming home to play the Cup contending Calgary should tell us allot about our playoff prospects for this season. If we do well (like 3 to 6 pts.), then I could see a Kings push into the top 6 best Western Conference teams. The Kings are good this season and will make the playoffs but it is to early to tell where exactly.

but...it has been fun watching the Kings be competative in every game played so far this season...huge difference compared to a few years back

Old
10-18-2005, 08:05 PM
kingsforever

i expect the kings to win all 3, we gotta think positive here, also love how pierre mcgquire called the kings his darkhorse monster team in the west, maybe it's cause i live in ottawa i expect the kings to win all 3 lol

Old
10-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Osprey

If anything, this road trip should be good for team chemistry. As Engblom said during the OLN game tonight, teams come together more on the road than at home. The Kings are a bunch of disparate pieces right now that need team chemistry badly. This trip could bring the players together a bit more and maybe snap certain players out of their funks. I'm looking at Conroy (the ultimate team player), especially, as someone who needs to become part of the team before we'll see him playing at his best. This is a big test for the team, but also their first real opportunity to grow as a team on the road.

Old
10-18-2005, 08:27 PM
jfont

Awards:
here's hoping the kings get all 6 points...

10-18-2005, 08:30 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
If anything, this road trip should be good for team chemistry. As Engblom said during the OLN game tonight, teams come together more on the road than at home. The Kings are a bunch of disparate pieces right now that need team chemistry badly. This trip could bring the players together a bit more and maybe snap certain players out of their funks. I'm looking at Conroy (the ultimate team player), especially, as someone who needs to become part of the team before we'll see him playing at his best. This is a big test for the team, but also their first real opportunity to grow as a team on the road.
the way conroy has been playing, he'll be pushed to the third line and armstrong to the 2nd line...

i agree with engblom...watching the kings in the past, they've always done well on the road...much more focused...don't know why...maybe its because of all the distractions pushed aside when you're on the road...

Old
10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
the way conroy has been playing, he'll be pushed to the third line and armstrong to the 2nd line...
It's possible, but it'd be dumb, IMO. Conroy hasn't played much worse than Armstrong at even strength and is a real asset on the PK. Most of Armstrong's success and strong impression comes from his capitalizing on his PP opportunities (half of his points are from the PP). I see no reason to move him to the 2nd line, where he has no business being, but if you're just suggesting that that might happen, then I agree that that's something that AM might pull. Hopefully, Craig won't give him the chance by starting to click at even strength soon so that the coach doesn't even have the excuse to shuffle the centers.

I've been thinking recently that maybe part of Conroy's problem is a conflict of style with this two European wingers. Perhaps he'd feel more comfortable centering the top line with Roenick on the wing (which might also improve JR's game). Maybe Brown-Conroy-Roenick (an all-American line) and Frolov-Demitra-Cammalleri or the same, but swapping Brown and Frolov. I dunno... just wondering out-loud and throwing ideas around

Last edited by Osprey: 10-18-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Concur. Plus, the Kings usually play well on the road.

Closed Thread