HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Will Hale and Martin play in Carolina?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Guttersnipe
Leave Zubrus Alone!

vCash: 500
Will Hale and Martin play in Carolina?

Do you think they'll give the kids another shot on Sat.?

I hope Burns plays Albelin or Giroux in the home-opener. Losing to the Leafs on Banner night would be sick and wrong.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:34 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Hale, yes. Martin, no.

Just a gut feeling.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I'm happy Paul Martin got a chance to play tonight, but this team stands a better chance of winning with Giroux, Brown, and Albelin on the last pairing. Giroux for all the criticism he takes elsewhere doesn't make rookie mistakes.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Vanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
I'm happy Paul Martin got a chance to play tonight, but this team stands a better chance of winning with Giroux, Brown, and Albelin on the last pairing. Giroux for all the criticism he takes elsewhere doesn't make rookie mistakes.

Agreed, but I have a feeling he will be in the lineup, maybe more protected and with another Dman dressed. Let him have an uneventful game where he plays but not in key situations then take it from there. Will it do him good to have this game sit with him as he toils in Albany? He needs the AHL work, but I think a game or two with the big club to erase tonight would do him some good. Any chance in dressing 7 defensemen against Toronto and minimize his ice time? Just my thoughts...

Old
10-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
I'm in agreeance with that too. It was a good experience for him to get an NHL game under his belt, but I also think we'd be better off with Giroux for the time being.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-09-2003, 05:24 AM
MattNJD

Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
Perhaps they both play again considering its Carolina and they might get the wrong message if one of them got benched. Martin needs to improve VASTLY though if he plans on seeing 5 total NHL games this year.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:58 AM
sveiglar

It definitely wouldn't do much for the confidence of a guy to demote him after one game. I doubt they'd want to take that chance. I'd say he gets a few more before anything is done.

Old
10-09-2003, 08:21 AM
openicehit04

I honestly dont understand the logic in scratching Brown against his former team. I'm sure he would have played with an extra physical edge which we really needed last night with sandy mccarthy. You think Blues are going to bench Danton against us?

Old
10-09-2003, 12:29 PM
kiwikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I'm in agreeance with that too. It was a good experience for him to get an NHL game under his belt, but I also think we'd be better off with Giroux for the time being.....
Giroux is done
Did you see last nights game
THEY GAVE MARTIN GIROUX'S NUMBER

Old
10-09-2003, 02:07 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
Giroux is done
Did you see last nights game
THEY GAVE MARTIN GIROUX'S NUMBER
I think you are reading too much into that myself. Hale's number also changed from the one he wore in preseason. I think Lou has a set number of numbers he likes and doesn't like his players sporting. I don't think it was meant as a personal slap in the face for Ray G. He was named as alternate captain in Albany so its not like he's getting a royal screw job at this point.

Old
10-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by openicehit04
I honestly dont understand the logic in scratching Brown against his former team. I'm sure he would have played with an extra physical edge which we really needed last night with sandy mccarthy. You think Blues are going to bench Danton against us?
I didn't really get it either as he had a good game against Boston a week prior to last nights game capping it off with a sensational hit on Zinojenov. I understand the concerns about Martin's confidence possibly be affected if he's demoted early in other posts in this thread, but in fairness here he's the same player who keeps telling the papers he honestly felt he would have to walk home after the one nightmare Flyers preseason game. He's already aware that he's in over his head at this point so demoting him isn't going to be the end of his confidence by any means. He's a smart and level headed kid and he'll get his chances to come back and fill in later in the season if he continues to adjust to the speed and aggressiveness at the NHL level. Let him learn in Albany though the way all our top prospects do.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Tbg1515

I Think You Will See Both Paul And Dave, But Our Home Opener You Will See Micheal Rupp In Place Of Gionta, And Sean Brown In Place Of Martin......being That The Leafs Are A Bunch Of Cheapshot Artist. We Need A Little More Size And Muscle

Old
10-09-2003, 08:04 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbg1515
I Think You Will See Both Paul And Dave, But Our Home Opener You Will See Micheal Rupp In Place Of Gionta, And Sean Brown In Place Of Martin......being That The Leafs Are A Bunch Of Cheapshot Artist. We Need A Little More Size And Muscle
Maybe they'll call up Skrlac and Clouthier too?
}:-)>
(PS - just kidding...unless they learn how to skate in the next three days)

Old
10-10-2003, 03:44 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

this should be interesting.

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/inde...5054191890.xml

Burns said rookie defensemen Paul Martin and David Hale will remain in the lineup.

"No change. They were fine," Burns said. "They were on the ice on the (Joe) Thornton goal, but you can't make all the changes you want. They'll be back in there."

If the preseason was any indication, Hale and Martin should be better against the Hurricanes. They bounced back strong after a rocky exhibition debut against the Flyers and played well enough the rest of the way to earn their spots on the roster.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:53 AM
JimEIV

I'm convinced Lou is going to go out and get a 5th Defencmen and use Albelien/Hale/Martin/Brown as the 6th.

Kinda like 95 when lou went out and got Shawn Chambers.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
I'm convinced Lou is going to go out and get a 5th Defencmen and use Albelien/Hale/Martin/Brown as the 6th.

Kinda like 95 when lou went out and got Shawn Chambers.
I'm convinced of this also. Albelin is still wondering if he's going to get paid right now tagging along with the team sans a contract. Lou is taking his sweet time deciding what to do with a guy who came up very big in the playoffs for us. A deal has to be in the works to add more depth to the defense. Otherwise Albelin would be signed, sealed, and delivered after his preseason performances and stanley cup playoff contributions.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
this should be interesting.

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/inde...5054191890.xml

Burns said rookie defensemen Paul Martin and David Hale will remain in the lineup.

"No change. They were fine," Burns said. "They were on the ice on the (Joe) Thornton goal, but you can't make all the changes you want. They'll be back in there."

If the preseason was any indication, Hale and Martin should be better against the Hurricanes. They bounced back strong after a rocky exhibition debut against the Flyers and played well enough the rest of the way to earn their spots on the roster.
Its true that Thornton and Murray did their best to hop over the boards everytime our blueline rookies were out there in game 1. Hale and Martin were linemates in the WJC last year so the evaluations will continue onward for now.

Old
10-10-2003, 10:02 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Think Lou may be showcasing Martin or Hale in a trade to Edmonton?

No one ever knows what Lou is thinking but,

I don't think so......

I think Lou prizes these two to much right now to trade them. I mean what did the articles say: Hale recieved one of the highest ever rookie contracts in Devil history and Martin recieved an 800K signing bonus.

I think these two are in future plans.

But I would love to see Jason Smith back in NJ!

Closed Thread