HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trade Lundmark to PHO for Jeff Taffe

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Its a PP Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
That picture can't be Taffe. That is not a 24-year old kid. Nor is it someone in shape, look at his neck and facial fat. I think the person who suggested it was Benoit Allaire is right on. This is not a current athlete.

By the way, I'll go on record to say that in the Rangers' first shootout, Prucha will not be among the initial 3 that are picked to shoot, with one stipulation: That Jagr, Straka, Rucinsky are all in the lineup and unhurt.
Unless multiple sources are wrong that's him.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/players/playerpage/371859

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/players/playerpage/371859

Old
10-19-2005, 02:19 PM
in the hall

edge. lundmark was misused his rookie year, first half of his second year

there were games he played less then 10 minutes, played so many roles most of which he certainly did not have any business playing

only till after the rangers started the rebuild did he finally get chances and yes he did disappoint, he also had a fair share of crap luck, everything he did got magnified so much too

im not necessarily a lundmark fan or supporter but i felt for him

Old
10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Edge

Quote:
edge. lundmark was misused his rookie year, first half of his second year
Actually his rookie season was in Hartford where he played so poorly at center they had to shift him to RW to get anything out of him.

His first season in NY he had a decent season.

His second season he started off slowly and never recovered him from his injury.

Quote:
there were games he played less then 10 minutes, played so many roles most of which he certainly did not have any business playing

only till after the rangers started the rebuild did he finally get chances and yes he did disappoint, he also had a fair share of crap luck, everything he did got magnified so much too

im not necessarily a lundmark fan or supporter but i felt for him
And there were many games he got ice time to show what he could do and proceeded to do nothing. This is Manny Malhotra getting 2 minutes here, we're talking about a guy who has been a professional for 4 seasons now and has struggled not only at the NHL level but also the minors as well. He's been consistently outplayed by other prospects and frankly has gotten some great chances that many of our former prospects would have killed for.

Even if the NHL argument was plausible (which I don't think it is) this kid has now had problems or some "excuse" every season since he was drafted. He's going to be 25 in January and at some point you step up or you step out of the way. This season especially there is NO excuse for his play when kids with not nearly as much talent made him look BAD in training camp.

Lundmark is 25 years old and since being drafted hasn't been the same player he was in 1999. That is not the Rangers fault and this was a problem before he even set for in NY.

Old
10-19-2005, 02:45 PM
in the hall

his rookie year is his first season in NY, he was

whatever self proclaimed genius, you're always right

Old
10-19-2005, 03:06 PM
AXN

He can fill in on the fourth or third line but I would not touch the lineup.

Old
10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Lundmark certainly has the skill and smarts to make it
But the wizard forgot to give him a heart.

Quote:
i think he's another malhotra in that he was never going to succeed here but can easily see him having a solid career elsewhere
Absolutely!

Manny has 35 goals in 352 NHL games. That's one goal every ten games.

Jamie is averaging 1 goal per 10 games too! The analogy is perfect!

Now, if that is what defines "solid career" for a first round draft pick forward, then the NHL talent pool is even more diluted than I thought.

Old
10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ
I won´t be that sure about it, actually I think despite non injured he won´t play in Turin, I am almost sure
Is this a case of "Kusy's Revenge"? Fan backlash, perhaps? What prompts you to say this?

Old
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Is this a case of "Kusy's Revenge"? Fan backlash, perhaps? What prompts you to say this?
It's something known on the street's as "Jack ***."

Old
10-19-2005, 03:20 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Malhotra worked his butt off from Day One to Day Last, which is why he has a career. Also why Lundmark won't. Bad, bad head. And while we're doing the Jamie's-life-passing-before -our-eyes thing, that Bolzano thing was a real mature choice, wad'nt it?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, kid. We got twenty more that can and will work twice as hard.

Old
10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
It is the case of Czech Republic having many more better players right now...Kusy doen´t have anything to do with olympicss nomination.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Edge

Quote:
his rookie year is his first season in NY, he was

whatever self proclaimed genius, you're always right
LOL no need to get nasty now.

We disagree about Lundmark, big deal. It's OKAY.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I hope that now we can get past all the Lundmark-fighting. It's distracted us all from what's really important... how much Poti sucks.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:36 PM
JCProdigy

Lundmarks first professional season was spent in the AHL were he had a somewhat dissapointing year. I remember the ppl on the boards who had seen him that year being a bit dissapointed at least. Next year he was on the Rangers playing the fourth line getting minimal minutes until he got sent down. How did he react? BY doing nothing in Hartford. People complained that the Rangers hurt his psyche and that he was just down. Well i thought BS because if somebody told me I wasn't good enough to be on the team then I'd go down in prove myself if only just to spite the people who doubted me. Lundmark acted the opposite way and frankly who wants that on our team. He then played two more years in New York where he got his chances here and there with mixed results.

I think the nail in the coffin for me was his decision last year to go to Italy at the start of the year instead of the AHL. Then when he does come back he has a pretty lackluster season against what should be inferior opponents for him.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Edge

I was a huge Lundmark supporter, going back to 1998. But it always became something.

First it was he was hurt, than he didn't want to play in Moose Jaw, than he wasn't the best player on his line in Seattle, than it was that he needed to a RW in Hartford, than it was something else, etc. etc.

At some point you gotta step up.

We have kids on this roster who were late round picks, we have a kid who missed time because of a severe concussion and worked his tail off to become signed by this team. We have a goalie who was a 7th round pick and is stepping in.

All the ice time in the world doesn't change the fact that he can't stand up when he gets hit and his offensive instincts have hard a VERY hard time progressing at the pro level. He put good AHL numbers, but nothing that is close to his talent level or expectations and unfortunatly he doesn't do enough outside of that.

Jamie knew the situation coming into this season and it just hasn't worked since day one.

Old
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Greschner4

It strikes me as good news that we've got newcomers good enough to marginalize a guy like Jamie, who never got it done, pure and simple.

We should all just enjoy the great start, and no need to start old arguments, but it's impossible to miss the fact that Sather has acquired a bunch of young guys good enough to beat out Lundmark.

Old
10-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greschner4
It strikes me as good news that we've got newcomers good enough to marginalize a guy like Jamie, who never got it done, pure and simple.

We should all just enjoy the great start, and no need to start old arguments, but it's impossible to miss the fact that Sather has acquired a bunch of young guys good enough to beat out Lundmark.
I don't think he meant Lundmark really, but rather a bigger picture.

Essentially that Neil Smith is a four letter word and that Sather, despite having a longer drought, accomplishing less while here still has a few people who are willing to stick up for him.

Old
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
His first season in NY he had a decent season.

His second season he started off slowly and never recovered him from his injury.
What injury is this? I'm not keen on another Kolanos, a brilliant player before his injury, frustratingly timid afterwards.

In response to The Truth above, yes that picture is him. It's not a particularly good one, he's blonder, but it probably was taken after practice (I'm shocked he broke sweat! )

Old
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll
What injury is this? I'm not keen on another Kolanos, a brilliant player before his injury, frustratingly timid afterwards.

In response to The Truth above, yes that picture is him. It's not a particularly good one, he's blonder, but it probably was taken after practice (I'm shocked he broke sweat! )
Lundmark had a knee injury after being hit by Peca.

Old
10-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Janerixon

I have to say i dont know much about taffe so its to early for me to say if this was a good trade or not, lundmark was not working out here and with prucha waiting in the wings for top line time it was obvious he was on the way out

i figured hed go to the yotes with A) hull retiring B) then yotes needing to make a move C) gretz has been big on lundmark for sometime so this was no suprise he went out and got him

i wish lundy the best and hopefully he can succeed there because he certainly wasnt working here

Old
10-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Oops, I was wrong.

Old
10-23-2005, 06:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
That picture can't be Taffe. That is not a 24-year old kid. Nor is it someone in shape, look at his neck and facial fat. I think the person who suggested it was Benoit Allaire is right on. This is not a current athlete.

By the way, I'll go on record to say that in the Rangers' first shootout, Prucha will not be among the initial 3 that are picked to shoot, with one stipulation: That Jagr, Straka, Rucinsky are all in the lineup and unhurt.
Thats Jeff Taffe alright. His best friend on the Coyotes, Freddy Sjostrom, had two nicknames for Taffe; "Joe Torre Jr." and "Richard Nixon". Not exactly flattering, but a step up from the name Taffe gave Freddy; "Sloth" from the "Goonies".

Old
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
3 losses in a row, you have to think Taffe is dressed for thursday's game.

Old
10-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Fletch

What would Taffe do?

the team needs scoring at even strength from its top two lines first, its bottom two lines second. On the defensive side - it needs three pairs to be competent.

Where does Taffe fit?

Old
10-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
3 losses in a row, you have to think Taffe is dressed for thursday's game.
Why do you say that? Is Taffe going to be our savior? Who do we sit?

Old
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Why do you say that? Is Taffe going to be our savior? Who do we sit?
Renney already indicated who is most likely to sit next game. He didn't play Hossa or Niemimen for most of the 3rd period. Hossa has been invisible the last week and Ville has been taking bad penalties in bunches.

Closed Thread