HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trade Lundmark to PHO for Jeff Taffe

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
He didn't play Hossa or Niemimen for most of the 3rd period. Hossa has been invisible the last week and Ville has been taking bad penalties in bunches.
If Renney is serious about instiling accountability and not just making Poti a scapegoat, that's exactly who should be sitting next game. Every since his nice first week, Hossa has been invisible. Which is exactly what Habs fans said about him. He has a nice couple of games and shows flashes and then proceeds to disappear for weeks-on-end. We are seeing why it only took Garth Murray for the Habs to give him up.
And Niemimen's problem has been more than just bad penalties. He has been about as visible as Hossa has. I have not counted on Niemimen to score much and expected some hard, mean penaties. So far, he is not scoring (as expected), not hitting, not annoying anyone and his penalties have been as soft and silly as Jagr's.

I would love for Hollweg to be allowed to play on Thursday. And if Hossa is sat, then probably Taffe gets a shot, but a player like him needs offensive players to be successful. However, I would much rather see Prucha get a shot in Hossa's spot than Taffe. I doubt someone like Immonen will be called up unless there is an injury to Rucchin.
But back to the beginning, yes, there should be some people that do not dress against the Isles.

Old
10-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Firefly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Why do you say that? Is Taffe going to be our savior? Who do we sit?
I couldn't care less. I don't really care whether he plays or not, and certainly he's not going to be "our savior." But after 3 losses and with a long layoff, I would think Renney might want to shake things up a bit. I don't have a clue who would sit, I've made that clear in other posts about Taffe. He just doesn't fit right now, what he supposedly bring we're not terribly lacking right now.

Closed Thread