HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 10/19 - Kings @ Avalanche

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
  #101
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Good to see Conroy score yet you have to admit Demitra is just amazing and Avery has greatly stepped up this season

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
  #102
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Congratulations folks, you absolutely, 100% deserved the victory.

I'm extremely frustrated with Colorado's inability to play at a consistent level for 60 minutes. Every game, we play GREAT for 30-40 minutes, and then fall apart. I hope our guys are skated into the ground at practice before our back-to-backs on Friday and Saturday.

Your team never quit in this game, and still had the jump and hop down 4-1.

That's a direct result of Andy Murray's philosophy of NEVER giving up, and never stopping despite whatever odds you're up against. He's done it before with injuries, and he can do it with seemingly insurmountable leads for the opponents too.

Again, congrats; it's great to see teams like that who never stop working, never stop plugging, etc...


RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:38 PM
  #103
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It also helps losing a 4-0 lead the first game of the season. Anyone can come back in today's NHL.

Nice to be on the other side tonight.

Nice job boys!

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:38 PM
  #104
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,353
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
I wish AM would play Dustin Brown more....the guy is on another level in comparison to the rest of his King forwards.
brown and cammy are most impressive tonite...they kept their legs moving and are very aggresive on the offensive zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
cmon frolov do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he did...game winning assist to conroy...

now, he's making his money...i hope he breaks out in a bunch. he's been getting outplayed by armstrong the first few games...good to see him on the scoreboard.

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:41 PM
  #105
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,157
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Good to see Conroy score yet you have to admit Demitra is just amazing and Avery has greatly stepped up this season
Now if we can get Roenick, Frolov and Luc to get on their game....this will be a great team...not to mention the play of Cammy,Brown and Army....plus we still have Bure coming back! This is going to be a powerful team once everything starts clicking!

kingbrath is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:41 PM
  #106
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Congratulations folks, you absolutely, 100% deserved the victory.

I'm extremely frustrated with Colorado's inability to play at a consistent level for 60 minutes. Every game, we play GREAT for 30-40 minutes, and then fall apart. I hope our guys are skated into the ground at practice before our back-to-backs on Friday and Saturday.

Your team never quit in this game, and still had the jump and hop down 4-1.

That's a direct result of Andy Murray's philosophy of NEVER giving up, and never stopping despite whatever odds you're up against. He's done it before with injuries, and he can do it with seemingly insurmountable leads for the opponents too.

Again, congrats; it's great to see teams like that who never stop working, never stop plugging, etc...

Thanks RIAL So the Avs aren't going to pick up the options on Sakic and Blake? Or is that just a smoke screen so they don't have to take the hit this year?

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:42 PM
  #107
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
It also helps losing a 4-0 lead the first game of the season. Anyone can come back in today's NHL.

Nice to be on the other side tonight.

Nice job boys!
Considering the non-calls in the third, I'm not so sure about that.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:46 PM
  #108
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Well tonights win was great. Let's hope there is enough gas left in the tank for tomorrow.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
  #109
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Great Win!!!

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:01 PM
  #110
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Thanks RIAL So the Avs aren't going to pick up the options on Sakic and Blake? Or is that just a smoke screen so they don't have to take the hit this year?
Sakic is optioned for less next year so he's staying. Blake is fair game if things keep going this way.

__________________
I am encountering more and more of my own readers that I don't even like, nitwits who glom onto something superficial in the book and misunderstand its underlying message- Bill James
Hasbro is online now  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
  #111
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Time to continue it with Dallas tommorrow night !!!
Please don't say that . Honestly, that was just an awfully-played game. I still can't believe that they won with 60 minutes of the sloppiest play I've ever seen. As a hockey fan, though, that was an incredibly exciting game and the Kings needed a win like that.

Osprey is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
  #112
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,157
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Please don't say that . Honestly, that was just an awfully-played game. I still can't believe that they won with 60 minutes of the sloppiest play I've ever seen. As a hockey fan, though, that was an incredibly exciting game and the Kings needed a win like that.
Didnt get to watch the game..only bits of it on NHL on the Fly, so i wasnt aware how bad the play was...I kinda realized that they were **** in the first but thought that they got their game back in the 2nd & 3rd? Or was the whole game that bad?

kingbrath is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:12 PM
  #113
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Didnt get to watch the game..only bits of it on NHL on the Fly, so i wasnt aware how bad the play was...I kinda realized that they were **** in the first but thought that they got their game back in the 2nd & 3rd? Or was the whole game that bad?
They played sloppily the entire game, but it wasn't quite as bad in the 2nd and 3rd. They hustled more, got the breaks and capitalized offensively, but lots of pucks continued to be intercepted, turned over and so on.

Osprey is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
  #114
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Please don't say that . Honestly, that was just an awfully-played game. I still can't believe that they won with 60 minutes of the sloppiest play I've ever seen. As a hockey fan, though, that was an incredibly exciting game and the Kings needed a win like that.
Who peed in your cheerios?

All you needed to say was the part about it being an exciting game, I'm glad I can actually enjoy the games without pointing out every flaw.

took420s is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
  #115
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

Damn, looks like i missed a really good game tonight. Hopefully there will be a replay on FSN tonight. Or i guess highlights will do.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:29 PM
  #116
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,741
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
We won obviously, but give me the details people. Who scored, fought yada yada?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
  #117
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
All you needed to say was the part about it being an exciting game, I'm glad I can actually enjoy the games without pointing out every flaw.
If you can't be objective and enjoy the game at the same time, don't blame me.

Osprey is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
  #118
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Congratulations folks, you absolutely, 100% deserved the victory.

I'm extremely frustrated with Colorado's inability to play at a consistent level for 60 minutes. Every game, we play GREAT for 30-40 minutes, and then fall apart. I hope our guys are skated into the ground at practice before our back-to-backs on Friday and Saturday.

Your team never quit in this game, and still had the jump and hop down 4-1.

That's a direct result of Andy Murray's philosophy of NEVER giving up, and never stopping despite whatever odds you're up against. He's done it before with injuries, and he can do it with seemingly insurmountable leads for the opponents too.

Again, congrats; it's great to see teams like that who never stop working, never stop plugging, etc...

Thanks RiaL!

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:47 PM
  #119
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
I think it was an extremely sloppy game by both teams. But the Kings did show alot of heart to come back and eventually win this one. There is something to be said for effort. Conroy, Avery, Brown and Cammi showed alot of effort tonight. Garon still did give up alot of questionable goals though. Hopefully he starts to pull it together or the Kings will have a long season ahead of them. Corvo has gone back to being a liability again. Get this guy of the ice please!

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
  #120
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
We won obviously, but give me the details people. Who scored, fought yada yada?
Demitra scored the first two; both were great passes (one from Conroy, one from Brown) across the crease.

Visnovsky had a great snap shot off the face-off that Conroy won.

Avery had an unreal goal late in the second. Kostopoulos threw the puck in the corner, and Belanger had a no look pass across the crease. Avery nailed it, and it bounced off Aebischer's skate and in.

Conroy's goal was another nice one. He skated into the slot as Frolov backhanded another no-look pass right to him.

The Avalanche goals were nice, too... Lappy's goal was the only "soft" one, and even then, he shouldn't have been left alone in the slot.

Edit: And thanks, RIAL. Both teams had some parts of the game where they looked really good. Kings were just able to capitalize on one more chance.

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:52 PM
  #121
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,741
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
How was the Parros Boughner fight?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-19-2005, 11:54 PM
  #122
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
We won obviously, but give me the details people. Who scored, fought yada yada?
Lapperiere scored from high in the slot, rather soft. Avs 1-0
Demitra scored shorthanded from the slot on a 2-on-1, assisted by Conroy. Tied 1-1
Brunette deflected a Blake slapshot on the PP. Avs 2-1
Lapperiere scored from the side of the crease on a great pass. Avs 3-1
Sakic scored on a mini-half-breakaway. Avs 4-1
Demitra scored from the side of the crease off a great pass from Brown in the corner, wide open. Avs 4-2
Visnovsky scored right off a Conroy face-off win, top shelf. Avs 4-3
Avery scored with 23 seconds left in the 2nd off a great pass from the corner to the side of the net. Avs 4-4
Conroy scored from the slot with 1:00 to go in the game off a backhanded pass from the corner by Frolov. Kings 5-4

I think the only fight was Parros with someone, but not much happened.

EDIT: Beaten by Kings Pawn. Oh well

Osprey is offline  
Old
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
  #123
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Sakic is optioned for less next year so he's staying. Blake is fair game if things keep going this way.
That's good news for the Kings, since I don't think it's any secret that they'd like to bring Blake back. I've really felt for a while that Rob will eventually return to L.A. and, hopefully, finish his career with the Kings.

Osprey is offline  
Old
10-20-2005, 12:01 AM
  #124
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
I wish I could've watched it... sounds like a great comeback win by our boys!

Go Kings!!!

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
  #125
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
That's good news for the Kings, since I don't think it's any secret that they'd like to bring Blake back. I've really felt for a while that Rob will eventually return to L.A. and, hopefully, finish his career with the Kings.
I totally agree. I would be ecstatic if Rob came back to LA.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.