HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 10/19 - Kings @ Avalanche

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
AnThGrt

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Good to see Conroy score yet you have to admit Demitra is just amazing and Avery has greatly stepped up this season

Old
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Congratulations folks, you absolutely, 100% deserved the victory.

I'm extremely frustrated with Colorado's inability to play at a consistent level for 60 minutes. Every game, we play GREAT for 30-40 minutes, and then fall apart. I hope our guys are skated into the ground at practice before our back-to-backs on Friday and Saturday.

Your team never quit in this game, and still had the jump and hop down 4-1.

That's a direct result of Andy Murray's philosophy of NEVER giving up, and never stopping despite whatever odds you're up against. He's done it before with injuries, and he can do it with seemingly insurmountable leads for the opponents too.

Again, congrats; it's great to see teams like that who never stop working, never stop plugging, etc...

Old
10-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It also helps losing a 4-0 lead the first game of the season. Anyone can come back in today's NHL.

Nice to be on the other side tonight.

Nice job boys!

Old
10-19-2005, 10:38 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
I wish AM would play Dustin Brown more....the guy is on another level in comparison to the rest of his King forwards.
brown and cammy are most impressive tonite...they kept their legs moving and are very aggresive on the offensive zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
cmon frolov do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he did...game winning assist to conroy...

now, he's making his money...i hope he breaks out in a bunch. he's been getting outplayed by armstrong the first few games...good to see him on the scoreboard.

10-19-2005, 10:41 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Good to see Conroy score yet you have to admit Demitra is just amazing and Avery has greatly stepped up this season
Now if we can get Roenick, Frolov and Luc to get on their game....this will be a great team...not to mention the play of Cammy,Brown and Army....plus we still have Bure coming back! This is going to be a powerful team once everything starts clicking!

Old
10-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

I'm extremely frustrated with Colorado's inability to play at a consistent level for 60 minutes. Every game, we play GREAT for 30-40 minutes, and then fall apart. I hope our guys are skated into the ground at practice before our back-to-backs on Friday and Saturday.

That's a direct result of Andy Murray's philosophy of NEVER giving up, and never stopping despite whatever odds you're up against. He's done it before with injuries, and he can do it with seemingly insurmountable leads for the opponents too.

Again, congrats; it's great to see teams like that who never stop working, never stop plugging, etc...

Thanks RIAL So the Avs aren't going to pick up the options on Sakic and Blake? Or is that just a smoke screen so they don't have to take the hit this year?

10-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
It also helps losing a 4-0 lead the first game of the season. Anyone can come back in today's NHL.

Nice to be on the other side tonight.

Nice job boys!
Considering the non-calls in the third, I'm not so sure about that.

Old
10-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Captain Ron

Well tonights win was great. Let's hope there is enough gas left in the tank for tomorrow.

Old
10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Great Win!!!

Old
10-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Thanks RIAL So the Avs aren't going to pick up the options on Sakic and Blake? Or is that just a smoke screen so they don't have to take the hit this year?
Sakic is optioned for less next year so he's staying. Blake is fair game if things keep going this way.

10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Time to continue it with Dallas tommorrow night !!!
Please don't say that . Honestly, that was just an awfully-played game. I still can't believe that they won with 60 minutes of the sloppiest play I've ever seen. As a hockey fan, though, that was an incredibly exciting game and the Kings needed a win like that.

Old
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Please don't say that . Honestly, that was just an awfully-played game. I still can't believe that they won with 60 minutes of the sloppiest play I've ever seen. As a hockey fan, though, that was an incredibly exciting game and the Kings needed a win like that.
Didnt get to watch the game..only bits of it on NHL on the Fly, so i wasnt aware how bad the play was...I kinda realized that they were **** in the first but thought that they got their game back in the 2nd & 3rd? Or was the whole game that bad?

Old
10-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Didnt get to watch the game..only bits of it on NHL on the Fly, so i wasnt aware how bad the play was...I kinda realized that they were **** in the first but thought that they got their game back in the 2nd & 3rd? Or was the whole game that bad?
They played sloppily the entire game, but it wasn't quite as bad in the 2nd and 3rd. They hustled more, got the breaks and capitalized offensively, but lots of pucks continued to be intercepted, turned over and so on.

Old
10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
took420s

Quote:
Who peed in your cheerios?

All you needed to say was the part about it being an exciting game, I'm glad I can actually enjoy the games without pointing out every flaw.

Old
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Mindcircus

Damn, looks like i missed a really good game tonight. Hopefully there will be a replay on FSN tonight. Or i guess highlights will do.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
We won obviously, but give me the details people. Who scored, fought yada yada?

Old
10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
All you needed to say was the part about it being an exciting game, I'm glad I can actually enjoy the games without pointing out every flaw.
If you can't be objective and enjoy the game at the same time, don't blame me.

Old
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

Thanks RiaL!

Old
10-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Captain Ron

I think it was an extremely sloppy game by both teams. But the Kings did show alot of heart to come back and eventually win this one. There is something to be said for effort. Conroy, Avery, Brown and Cammi showed alot of effort tonight. Garon still did give up alot of questionable goals though. Hopefully he starts to pull it together or the Kings will have a long season ahead of them. Corvo has gone back to being a liability again. Get this guy of the ice please!

Old
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Demitra scored the first two; both were great passes (one from Conroy, one from Brown) across the crease.

Visnovsky had a great snap shot off the face-off that Conroy won.

Avery had an unreal goal late in the second. Kostopoulos threw the puck in the corner, and Belanger had a no look pass across the crease. Avery nailed it, and it bounced off Aebischer's skate and in.

Conroy's goal was another nice one. He skated into the slot as Frolov backhanded another no-look pass right to him.

The Avalanche goals were nice, too... Lappy's goal was the only "soft" one, and even then, he shouldn't have been left alone in the slot.

Edit: And thanks, RIAL. Both teams had some parts of the game where they looked really good. Kings were just able to capitalize on one more chance.

Old
10-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
How was the Parros Boughner fight?

Old
10-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Lapperiere scored from high in the slot, rather soft. Avs 1-0
Demitra scored shorthanded from the slot on a 2-on-1, assisted by Conroy. Tied 1-1
Brunette deflected a Blake slapshot on the PP. Avs 2-1
Lapperiere scored from the side of the crease on a great pass. Avs 3-1
Sakic scored on a mini-half-breakaway. Avs 4-1
Demitra scored from the side of the crease off a great pass from Brown in the corner, wide open. Avs 4-2
Visnovsky scored right off a Conroy face-off win, top shelf. Avs 4-3
Avery scored with 23 seconds left in the 2nd off a great pass from the corner to the side of the net. Avs 4-4
Conroy scored from the slot with 1:00 to go in the game off a backhanded pass from the corner by Frolov. Kings 5-4

I think the only fight was Parros with someone, but not much happened.

EDIT: Beaten by Kings Pawn. Oh well

Old
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Sakic is optioned for less next year so he's staying. Blake is fair game if things keep going this way.
That's good news for the Kings, since I don't think it's any secret that they'd like to bring Blake back. I've really felt for a while that Rob will eventually return to L.A. and, hopefully, finish his career with the Kings.

Old
10-20-2005, 12:01 AM
LuckyLUC20

I wish I could've watched it... sounds like a great comeback win by our boys!

Go Kings!!!

Old
10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
That's good news for the Kings, since I don't think it's any secret that they'd like to bring Blake back. I've really felt for a while that Rob will eventually return to L.A. and, hopefully, finish his career with the Kings.
I totally agree. I would be ecstatic if Rob came back to LA.

Closed Thread