HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Myers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2015, 09:40 AM
  #26
R3DDRAG0N
Beaver Mafia
 
R3DDRAG0N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 481
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
His current contract started in 12/13, and was heavily front loaded:

12.000 6.000 5.000 5.000 4.000 3.500 3.000 UFA

nhlnumbers.com is a reasonable resource, though nowhere near as good as capgeek was. http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/WP...true&year=2015
WOW we are getting a deal if he pans out like I think with a decent d-corp...this is phenomenal for our team coupled with the fact Buffy needs to get resigned.....so we have come out quite ahead contract wise with this trade.....

R3DDRAG0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:45 AM
  #27
Howard Chuck
Registered User
 
Howard Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCat View Post
Said it somewhere else but I think we could potentially see the best of Tyler Myers under the structure and guidance of Maurice/Huddy. He was playing in a terrible system that was a vacuum for confidence in young players and was in a position to shoulder more than was needed in early years.

The great news is the kid didn't bust and even though the Sabres have been in tank mode for a couple seasons, he has managed to be one of the few bright spots. The coaching change certainly expedited that development and allowed him to flourish further.

So give him a system that works, a simple structure, and insulated with other veteran D men and this kid is going to do big things here. I would even go on a limb and say franchise changing. I am quite excited because he is coming into a system in Winnipeg that has been based around good character and team-first mentality; not to say Buffalo didn't have any of that, but a last place team invariably lacks in pretty well every area.

This could work out to be the perfect environment for Tyler Myers and as a Jets fan I could not be happier.
Well said, and I agree completely. Totally excited to see what he can become here.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:02 AM
  #28
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,128
vCash: 50
@flying pig: I should have clarified that I was speaking mainly of his CF% and scoring. Both track with Buffalo's overall trends. I like his upside, and think both stats will regress back to a more normalized value when he's on a stronger blueline with the Jets.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
  #29
Thai jet*
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Absolutely nothing against the guy but our priority in exchange for two good former top 5 draft picks is what, 3rd in rank at RD plus a 3rd line rental and a couple maybes to make the league? Only makes sense if Meyers gets moved soon or else it is insurance for losing Buff.

Thai jet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
  #30
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll
 
flyingpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pay the troll toll
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
@flying pig: I should have clarified that I was speaking mainly of his CF% and scoring. Both track with Buffalo's overall trends. I like his upside, and think both stats will regress back to a more normalized value when he's on a stronger blueline with the Jets.
Got it and agree. May never be an almost 50 point guy like his rookie year, but can easily be 35- 40 point guy.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:16 AM
  #31
jorbjorb
hello.
 
jorbjorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
stoked on this trade. I think the jets have one of the best defensive core in the NHL

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:24 AM
  #32
DiggerD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I guess Buffalo can go with the same logic, they gave up their #1 d-man (12th pick), their third leading scorer (13th pick), their top AHL prospect (16th pick), an 'A' prospect (31st pick), and a first rounder this year......for a third line winger (who is out for the rest of the season), and a guy who was 3rd in rank among RD on his previous team. Ooops, forgot the goalie, a 6th round pick.


Last edited by DiggerD: 02-12-2015 at 10:29 AM.
DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 11:32 AM
  #33
Thai jet*
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD View Post
I guess Buffalo can go with the same logic, they gave up their #1 d-man (12th pick), their third leading scorer (13th pick), their top AHL prospect (16th pick), an 'A' prospect (31st pick), and a first rounder this year......for a third line winger (who is out for the rest of the season), and a guy who was 3rd in rank among RD on his previous team. Ooops, forgot the goalie, a 6th round pick.

The RENTAL fits in at 8th leading scorer on Jets

Thai jet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 12:01 PM
  #34
kylehollywalter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD View Post
I guess Buffalo can go with the same logic, they gave up their #1 d-man (12th pick), their third leading scorer (13th pick), their top AHL prospect (16th pick), an 'A' prospect (31st pick), and a first rounder this year......for a third line winger (who is out for the rest of the season), and a guy who was 3rd in rank among RD on his previous team. Ooops, forgot the goalie, a 6th round pick.
This... You should have quoted that other guy.

kylehollywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 12:37 PM
  #35
GrandChelems
Registered User
 
GrandChelems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
He's going to hit his head on the scoreboard in MTS

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 01:32 PM
  #36
DiggerD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai jet View Post
The RENTAL fits in at 8th leading scorer on Jets
You have to look at the entire situation, yes Kane was a 4th pick (2009), but he was on the third line in Winnipeg. He hustled, he hit, and he had one 30-goal season, but he was not going to play in Winnipeg again. Bogosian was a 3rd pick (2008), the same year Myers went 12th. But hadn't developed to that level yet. Kasdorf was a long-shot.

I will be generous to Bogosian, and call Bogosian/Myers a wash. So Winnipeg got a third line rental (?) with value at least for the rest of this year, an 'A' prospect in Lemieux (as per Button), Buffalo's top AHL scorer in Armia, and a first round pick for Kane and a toss in. When it first looked like Kane was on the way out, the hope was for a return that included a first, a prospect and a roster player.........the Jets got that, and an additional prospect. It also created more cap space for future moves. Well done Chevy!

DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 01:33 PM
  #37
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,818
vCash: 500
I would pair him up with Toby for a few games, let him find his confidence while playing with a reliable player like Enstrom, have him feeling good about himself.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 02:33 PM
  #38
Bristo
Registered User
 
Bristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 947
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
219. I'm guessing he will continue to put on weight, but he'll never be close to Chara's weight.

Unless we make Buff share his food.
Don't do this. Buff might get hungry and eat him.

EDIT: This is not meant as and should not be interpreted as a fat joke. More of a Buff is a monster joke.

Bristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 02:40 PM
  #39
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCat View Post
Said it somewhere else but I think we could potentially see the best of Tyler Myers under the structure and guidance of Maurice/Huddy. He was playing in a terrible system that was a vacuum for confidence in young players and was in a position to shoulder more than was needed in early years.

The great news is the kid didn't bust and even though the Sabres have been in tank mode for a couple seasons, he has managed to be one of the few bright spots. The coaching change certainly expedited that development and allowed him to flourish further.

So give him a system that works, a simple structure, and insulated with other veteran D men and this kid is going to do big things here. I would even go on a limb and say franchise changing. I am quite excited because he is coming into a system in Winnipeg that has been based around good character and team-first mentality; not to say Buffalo didn't have any of that, but a last place team invariably lacks in pretty well every area.

This could work out to be the perfect environment for Tyler Myers and as a Jets fan I could not be happier.
My sentiments exactly.
The two most common misconceptions about this trade are that:
a) Kane is the best player, and
b)Bogo=Myers

Myers is a legit first pairing D who has the potential to flourish under the tutelage of Huddy, and within Maurice's system. His inconsistency, from what I have gleaned, is more a product of enormous expectations within an unstable team than any inherent flaw in his game. Kane, OTOH, has never played on a top line in 6 NHL seasons. He has the ability to score, for sure, but has never show the IQ to be able to mesh with with other great players. I don't need to elaborate, as Kane is well known on these boards, but I am quite comfortable in saying a top pairing D >> top-6 sniper.

The temptation to equate Bogo and Myers is understandable, but it begs the question...why then make the trade? Two obvious reasons are money and deferred NT status. The $$ are significant. Myers is way less costly Bogo, or, put another way, in the last year of Myers' contract, with the dollars saved, we could almost purchase another Perreault (or 2 Thorburns) But, I digress... the real difference between the 2, IMO, has already been determined by coaching and scouting. Something tells me the Jets have concluded that, despite the best coaching and plenty of opportunity, Bogo does not have the H-IQ to play on the top pair consistently. Whereas, the Jets scouting staff is convinced that Myers, under optimal conditions (see quoted post above), could be a top-notch D , possibly replacing Buff, whether that be in 1 year or in 4.
The Jets coaching and, in particular, scouting staff have earned our trust over the past couple of seasons. So, the more I ponder the above, the more pleased I am.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 07:07 PM
  #40
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
Buffalo fans say his downward trend stopped last season.
Stopped as soon as Ruff was fired. Myers was one of the few players who manged not to look like utter crap under Ron Rolston and has excelled in very, very tough minutes (and a lot of them!) under Nolan. You guys should be excited to have him.

I'm probably not the first Sabres fan to pop over to these boards and give my $.02 on the trade, but I'll do a write up of my thoughts on Myers' game for anyone who's interested/hasn't watched him much over the last few seasons:

Defensive zone play:
This is the area Myers has made the biggest improvements in as a player. He used to really struggle when the other team had prolonged offensive zone possession and/or was cycling the puck. He was once prone to routinely making bad reads, losing his man, ugly turnovers, etc., but has simplified his game to better play into his strengths and really minimized those brain farts. Now he lets the game come to him more, which works pretty well when your wingspan covers about a quarter of the zone. He's also very effective at tying guys up along the boards. The area he's best in defensively is definitely against the rush, though. His skating, size and reach combine to make him very difficult to beat one-on-one or even on odd-man breaks. He also has no trouble getting back into plays to break them up even when he gets caught pinching in the offensive zone. You won't often see him go for big hits (unless someone made him mad), but he does consistently play the body. He's subject to sometimes taking penalties for being too tall when he does hit, so maybe it's for the best that he's not looking to rock guys every game.

Transition game:
This is where Myers really shines. His breakout passes are good, he can stretch the ice or make the easy pass, though he does still occasionally (as I mentioned before) have a brain fart and make a stupid turnover. Lots of D can do that though. What's special about Myers is his ability to skate the puck up. When he can find room to skate and decides he wants to go, he's a one-man breakout system. A thoroughbred. No teammates required. (Note: we call this Condor mode/Condor Myers.) When he starts galloping through the neutral zone with the puck, it's just a treat to watch.

Offensive zone:
Love his style of play, just wish he had better vision/playmaking ability (not that those traits are terrible, just wish they were better). He looks like a very, very poor man's Malkin stylistically when you give him the OK to pinch down low. Loves to take the puck along the boards, using his size and reach to protect the puck while waiting for a passing lane to open itself up to him. His slapshot is underwhelming, and he won't do you much good taking any kind of shots from the point, but once he makes it down to the top of the faceoff circle-ish, he's good with the wrister.

Overall: On his best nights, this is a kid who can dominate a game from start to finish in all 3 zones. He's not the world's most consistent player, but he's usually fun -- though sometimes frustrating -- to watch. He's been my favorite Sabre over the last couple seasons, and I'm really going to miss him. Hope he does well with Winnipeg.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 07:50 PM
  #41
jetsforever
Registered User
 
jetsforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Stopped as soon as Ruff was fired. Myers was one of the few players who manged not to look like utter crap under Ron Rolston and has excelled in very, very tough minutes (and a lot of them!) under Nolan. You guys should be excited to have him.

I'm probably not the first Sabres fan to pop over to these boards and give my $.02 on the trade, but I'll do a write up of my thoughts on Myers' game for anyone who's interested/hasn't watched him much over the last few seasons:

Defensive zone play:
This is the area Myers has made the biggest improvements in as a player. He used to really struggle when the other team had prolonged offensive zone possession and/or was cycling the puck. He was once prone to routinely making bad reads, losing his man, ugly turnovers, etc., but has simplified his game to better play into his strengths and really minimized those brain farts. Now he lets the game come to him more, which works pretty well when your wingspan covers about a quarter of the zone. He's also very effective at tying guys up along the boards. The area he's best in defensively is definitely against the rush, though. His skating, size and reach combine to make him very difficult to beat one-on-one or even on odd-man breaks. He also has no trouble getting back into plays to break them up even when he gets caught pinching in the offensive zone. You won't often see him go for big hits (unless someone made him mad), but he does consistently play the body. He's subject to sometimes taking penalties for being too tall when he does hit, so maybe it's for the best that he's not looking to rock guys every game.

Transition game:
This is where Myers really shines. His breakout passes are good, he can stretch the ice or make the easy pass, though he does still occasionally (as I mentioned before) have a brain fart and make a stupid turnover. Lots of D can do that though. What's special about Myers is his ability to skate the puck up. When he can find room to skate and decides he wants to go, he's a one-man breakout system. A thoroughbred. No teammates required. (Note: we call this Condor mode/Condor Myers.) When he starts galloping through the neutral zone with the puck, it's just a treat to watch.

Offensive zone:
Love his style of play, just wish he had better vision/playmaking ability (not that those traits are terrible, just wish they were better). He looks like a very, very poor man's Malkin stylistically when you give him the OK to pinch down low. Loves to take the puck along the boards, using his size and reach to protect the puck while waiting for a passing lane to open itself up to him. His slapshot is underwhelming, and he won't do you much good taking any kind of shots from the point, but once he makes it down to the top of the faceoff circle-ish, he's good with the wrister.

Overall: On his best nights, this is a kid who can dominate a game from start to finish in all 3 zones. He's not the world's most consistent player, but he's usually fun -- though sometimes frustrating -- to watch. He's been my favorite Sabre over the last couple seasons, and I'm really going to miss him. Hope he does well with Winnipeg.
Wow, great summary! Thanks for stopping by.

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 08:20 PM
  #42
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Myers is an absolute beast along the wall. Among the games elite in that area.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 08:29 PM
  #43
Sir Sedated
Registered User
 
Sir Sedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nevada USA
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
Wow, great summary! Thanks for stopping by.
Ditto here...tsujimoto74, you should be scouting for the Sabres.

Sir Sedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 08:56 PM
  #44
Jml78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Stopped as soon as Ruff was fired. Myers was one of the few players who manged not to look like utter crap under Ron Rolston and has excelled in very, very tough minutes (and a lot of them!) under Nolan. You guys should be excited to have him.

I'm probably not the first Sabres fan to pop over to these boards and give my $.02 on the trade, but I'll do a write up of my thoughts on Myers' game for anyone who's interested/hasn't watched him much over the last few seasons:

Defensive zone play:
This is the area Myers has made the biggest improvements in as a player. He used to really struggle when the other team had prolonged offensive zone possession and/or was cycling the puck. He was once prone to routinely making bad reads, losing his man, ugly turnovers, etc., but has simplified his game to better play into his strengths and really minimized those brain farts. Now he lets the game come to him more, which works pretty well when your wingspan covers about a quarter of the zone. He's also very effective at tying guys up along the boards. The area he's best in defensively is definitely against the rush, though. His skating, size and reach combine to make him very difficult to beat one-on-one or even on odd-man breaks. He also has no trouble getting back into plays to break them up even when he gets caught pinching in the offensive zone. You won't often see him go for big hits (unless someone made him mad), but he does consistently play the body. He's subject to sometimes taking penalties for being too tall when he does hit, so maybe it's for the best that he's not looking to rock guys every game.

Transition game:
This is where Myers really shines. His breakout passes are good, he can stretch the ice or make the easy pass, though he does still occasionally (as I mentioned before) have a brain fart and make a stupid turnover. Lots of D can do that though. What's special about Myers is his ability to skate the puck up. When he can find room to skate and decides he wants to go, he's a one-man breakout system. A thoroughbred. No teammates required. (Note: we call this Condor mode/Condor Myers.) When he starts galloping through the neutral zone with the puck, it's just a treat to watch.

Offensive zone:
Love his style of play, just wish he had better vision/playmaking ability (not that those traits are terrible, just wish they were better). He looks like a very, very poor man's Malkin stylistically when you give him the OK to pinch down low. Loves to take the puck along the boards, using his size and reach to protect the puck while waiting for a passing lane to open itself up to him. His slapshot is underwhelming, and he won't do you much good taking any kind of shots from the point, but once he makes it down to the top of the faceoff circle-ish, he's good with the wrister.

Overall: On his best nights, this is a kid who can dominate a game from start to finish in all 3 zones. He's not the world's most consistent player, but he's usually fun -- though sometimes frustrating -- to watch. He's been my favorite Sabre over the last couple seasons, and I'm really going to miss him. Hope he does well with Winnipeg.
Great assessment and also reasons why I think the Jets got the best defenceman from the deal.

Jml78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
  #45
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
If any of you have a way to watch archived games, go watch him in the game vs San Jose the day Miller got dealt. He was the best player on the ice and was dominant

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:40 PM
  #46
Jetabre
Laine to the Jets
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 50
Dear god please don't be injured after your first game.

Jetabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:47 PM
  #47
gbill2004*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Myers says he's fine.

gbill2004* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:49 PM
  #48
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow
 
Mathmew Purrrr Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: meow
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbill2004 View Post
Myers says he's fine.
thank god

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 09:59 PM
  #49
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,585
vCash: 500
I think he looked good out there. He acknowledged that there were some serious nerves in the first period, but after that I thought he looked pretty damn good.

Playing with Toby obviously doesn't hurt.

__________________
Team Dunderhead
Winner of the inaugural Romang Award 2014
Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 08:57 AM
  #50
Thorton02
Registered User
 
Thorton02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Stopped as soon as Ruff was fired. Myers was one of the few players who manged not to look like utter crap under Ron Rolston and has excelled in very, very tough minutes (and a lot of them!) under Nolan. You guys should be excited to have him.

I'm probably not the first Sabres fan to pop over to these boards and give my $.02 on the trade, but I'll do a write up of my thoughts on Myers' game for anyone who's interested/hasn't watched him much over the last few seasons:

Defensive zone play:
This is the area Myers has made the biggest improvements in as a player. He used to really struggle when the other team had prolonged offensive zone possession and/or was cycling the puck. He was once prone to routinely making bad reads, losing his man, ugly turnovers, etc., but has simplified his game to better play into his strengths and really minimized those brain farts. Now he lets the game come to him more, which works pretty well when your wingspan covers about a quarter of the zone. He's also very effective at tying guys up along the boards. The area he's best in defensively is definitely against the rush, though. His skating, size and reach combine to make him very difficult to beat one-on-one or even on odd-man breaks. He also has no trouble getting back into plays to break them up even when he gets caught pinching in the offensive zone. You won't often see him go for big hits (unless someone made him mad), but he does consistently play the body. He's subject to sometimes taking penalties for being too tall when he does hit, so maybe it's for the best that he's not looking to rock guys every game.

Transition game:
This is where Myers really shines. His breakout passes are good, he can stretch the ice or make the easy pass, though he does still occasionally (as I mentioned before) have a brain fart and make a stupid turnover. Lots of D can do that though. What's special about Myers is his ability to skate the puck up. When he can find room to skate and decides he wants to go, he's a one-man breakout system. A thoroughbred. No teammates required. (Note: we call this Condor mode/Condor Myers.) When he starts galloping through the neutral zone with the puck, it's just a treat to watch.


Offensive zone:
Love his style of play, just wish he had better vision/playmaking ability (not that those traits are terrible, just wish they were better). He looks like a very, very poor man's Malkin stylistically when you give him the OK to pinch down low. Loves to take the puck along the boards, using his size and reach to protect the puck while waiting for a passing lane to open itself up to him. His slapshot is underwhelming, and he won't do you much good taking any kind of shots from the point, but once he makes it down to the top of the faceoff circle-ish, he's good with the wrister.

Overall: On his best nights, this is a kid who can dominate a game from start to finish in all 3 zones. He's not the world's most consistent player, but he's usually fun -- though sometimes frustrating -- to watch. He's been my favorite Sabre over the last couple seasons, and I'm really going to miss him. Hope he does well with Winnipeg.
I've always found his transition game to be somewhat lacking. Myers has this habit of over thinking the play when he's rushing the puck. You can see it as it's happening. He'll move the puck from behind his net and then stops skating once he hits his own blue line. He'll look around to try and find the play and finally he'll toss the puck into someone's skates 10 feet away, or he'll dump the puck in but there's no one to retrieve it since they're all standing around at the blue line waiting for him to make a decision. When he struggles, this is the most obvious flaw in his game.

I totally agree that his defensive end coverage is leaps and bounds better than it ever was. Once he's in the offensive zone, I think he can do a good job keeping the puck in and his shot is underrated in my opinion. Still, a very good defencemen and there's a reason a lot teams were after him.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.