HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With this sentence Kevin Lowe has pretty much stated Comrie has asked for a trade...

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
edmontonoilers89

vCash: 500
With this sentence Kevin Lowe has pretty much stated Comrie has asked for a trade...

From the Edmonton Sun today:

"I don't care about anything except making the best deal for this organization," Lowe said yesterday. "When I'm being told by a player he wants to be traded, it's a no-lose situation for me.

"Whatever they do, whatever they say, it's about Mike getting what he wants and nothing more. If they think they can somehow turn up the heat on us ... ." -Rich Winter

War of words becomes public.

Old
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
outKast*

thats a jaw dropper. whats mikes problem? that just pisses me off. i have now accepted that he's gone and not playing for the oil.

go away mike. no one wants you here if you're gonna be like that.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:01 PM
edmontonoilers89

Personally this is one of the best quotes I've heard from Lowe.

He has all the leverage in the world right now, and even has the media and the city behind him. To sign Comrie to a big deal contract to save one season before the CBA is outrageous in the least, considering the fact that I don't even think any of us believe the Oilers will be any better than a 5th to 8th seed.

He could get a very handsome reward if he waits for the playoff races to heat up, or injuries to pile up.

I would love nothing more than to have a motivated Comrie play for this team. I feel he is one of the brightest young stars in the game, and when people say he plays no defence, that is just ignoring his first year in the league as to come up with an excuse.

On the other hand, you could say that since Lowe opened up his mouth about this, if it is indeed true, he may have also lowered Comrie's trade value.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Oilhitch

I have pretty much given up on Comrie being an Oiler awhile ago. With what Lowe said in the paper and by cutting the roster down to 22 pretty much means that something is in the works and they are making room for one more foreward. IMO will happen before the puck drops on their first regular season game.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

i'll be glad when Lowe ships Cormie out of here. I'd rather have a guy who is happy to be here playing for us that some whining hobbit like Comrie. And what an evil guy Winter is. I wonder how much influence he had in Comrie's decision to leave the Oil. Winter knows if we trade Comrie, both of them will end up with more money in their pockets.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
boxall9

I would be one happy camper if they could trade Comrie for Marleau. I don't know what Marleau makes and I'm sure it wouldn't happen but could you imagine:
Smyth-Marleau-Hemsky
Isbister-York-Dvorak

That would be sweet!

Old
10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Yeah, and where is Winter in this whole fiasco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
i'll be glad when Lowe ships Cormie out of here. I'd rather have a guy who is happy to be here playing for us that some whining hobbit like Comrie. And what an evil guy Winter is. I wonder how much influence he had in Comrie's decision to leave the Oil. Winter knows if we trade Comrie, both of them will end up with more money in their pockets.
...to take his share of the blame? I say we snowball his office with "not so nice" letters.... Feel free to use colorful language!

Old
10-08-2003, 03:13 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonoilers89
From the Edmonton Sun today:

"I don't care about anything except making the best deal for this organization," Lowe said yesterday. "When I'm being told by a player he wants to be traded, it's a no-lose situation for me.

"Whatever they do, whatever they say, it's about Mike getting what he wants and nothing more. If they think they can somehow turn up the heat on us ... ." -Rich Winter

War of words becomes public.

I was supportive of MC up to now. If these details are indeed correct (unless Lowtide is lying), then i will be screaming like happy madman when Raffi Torres takes out MC's front chicklets with a viscious elbow.

that little puke just lost all the support he had.

Old
10-08-2003, 04:00 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Is it possible that when Comrie makes his return to Edmonton in another uniform he will be booed more than Arnott and Poti were? I hope so. He deserves it more than those two did. I never heard Poti whine about being criticized. He took it like a man, unlike Comrie has. He should have been like Salo and use it as motivation over the offseason instead of going to California and pouting about it.

Old
10-08-2003, 04:04 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
Is it possible that when Comrie makes his return to Edmonton in another uniform he will be booed more than Arnott and Poti were? I hope so. He deserves it more than those two did. I never heard Poti whine about being criticized. He took it like a man, unlike Comrie has. He should have been like Salo and use it as motivation over the offseason instead of going to California and pouting about it.

I totally agree with that one part. Salo went about the criticism the right way while Comrie just whined about it. I hope this thing gets resolved real real soon.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Oilers Hockey

Yes, Comrie should have taken his critisizm like a man like Salo did, but Salo is 10 years older too.

I'm not defending Comrie anymore either, he's no longer an Oiler, which makes him the enemy.

That little brat should pack his stuff and get out of Edmonton. I can't stand him. He is a disgrace to the Edmonton Oilers, one of the classiest teams in the league!

Old
10-08-2003, 05:38 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
I was supportive of MC up to now. If these details are indeed correct (unless Lowtide is lying), then i will be screaming like happy madman when Raffi Torres takes out MC's front chicklets with a viscious elbow.

that little puke just lost all the support he had.
Nowhere in there does he say that Comrie has said that. This is posturing, pure and simple, to be expected.

And on top of that, not aimed at any one person directly, it's is ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC the attitude of some of the so-called "former Comrie fans" on here. Blind faith in the organization....no wonder we never get any better.....

Old
10-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

To be fair to Mike Comrie, he did allegedly ask for a trade at the trade deadline last season, before any of the alleged criticism.

Personally, I don't think it has to do with any conflict with management...I just don't think he can take the pressure a lot of the fans put on him with the whole "he's a local kid/the next big thing" talk that went through 2001-2002 that turned to venom after his injury/bonus chasing.

Not excusing him, obviously, signing a contract like he did then not living up to it, he was bound to piss people off, but I think it's a mistake to write this off as a whole management/Mike Comrie conflict.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:51 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Couldn't disagree more. This has all the earmarks of direct personal conflict from what I've seen. This is Lowe vs. Winter/Comrie. And the supposed dissatisfaction from Comrie with Winter adds yet another element. Who really knows, but I'm quite worried this is a personal issue, which has a dangerous, almost certain ability to hurt this team.

It's not about how good we are, it's about how good we can/should be.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Slats432

Whoa Whoa Whoa...kids...let's not turn on MC like that...

Remember, Mike has been very diplomatic in the way he is handling this. I have never been on his side, but I respect how he is handling it.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:46 PM
windowlicker

QUOTE=LoudmouthHemskyfan#1]Nowhere in there does he say that Comrie has said that. This is posturing, pure and simple, to be expected.

And on top of that, not aimed at any one person directly, it's is ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC the attitude of some of the so-called "former Comrie fans" on here. Blind faith in the organization....no wonder we never get any better.....[/QUOTE]

True, no where in there does it state what Comrie said, but someone who is paid to represent Comrie publicly has stated those things. And Kevin Lowe, whos job is to deal with Comrie's representative, has said that the player in question has demanded (in person or through his rep) a trade. This is not blind faith. these are comments that are out in the open, in the public, in the media.

So unless theres alot of lying going on, Comrie has issues with the Oilers organization and has instructed his agent to make it clear to the management that he wants the Hell out of Edmonton. In plain english, a young, hometown hockey protege, son of a local millionaire, playing for his childhood favortie hockey franchise got paid too handsomly for the first 3 years of service. He was critisized for a poor playoff performance (along with others), and now is essentially saying "Im taking my toys from this sandbox and playing with you anymore because your NOT NICE".

No matter how good he is after this, his public image will never recover from this (he'll join the likes of such heroes as Lindros and Yashin, real hockey warriors)

Old
10-08-2003, 07:52 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Whoa Whoa Whoa...kids...let's not turn on MC like that...

Remember, Mike has been very diplomatic in the way he is handling this. I have never been on his side, but I respect how he is handling it.
INDEED!

Old
10-08-2003, 07:55 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Well this has nothing to do with the topic...but for my 100th post i would just like to say that
ALES HEMSKY IS THE MAN!!!!!

Old
10-08-2003, 08:01 PM
dcmeatloaf

Quote:

This is wrong. Rich Winter is not the source of the last paragraph, it's a continuation of Kevin Lowe's comments. Look at the original article.

Changes things a bit....

Closed Thread